CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
PageUSC
KaneisAble
QCB
doubledribble
markp_vip
ReadR00ster
roosterdude21
Roosterboy
Jmansour333
The Yancey
Busta out indefinite (2216)
SOS says his next st (1828)
Our Defense? (1183)
CBSSports SEC predic (917)
CFN prediction for a (451)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (425)
MMA: Holeve (Down Sy (363)
SEC Football Legend: (361)
Michael Sams done in (360)
Party like it's 1903 (357)
Our Defense?
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
2016 Thon Marker
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
MMA: Holeve (Down Syndrom
Does South Carolina still
Roll call for Auburn
SC vs Auburn -- Playmaker
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Rest of the season predic

Old 09-19-2012, 03:30 PM   #21
GamecockSkip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Race for the Chase: Race for the Chase - Given for: 2007 Winner Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: 2007 winner Nascar Challenge: Nascar Challenge Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar 1st Segment 
CockyCash: 800
GamecockSkip is USC mascot materialGamecockSkip is USC mascot materialGamecockSkip is USC mascot materialGamecockSkip is USC mascot materialGamecockSkip is USC mascot materialGamecockSkip is USC mascot materialGamecockSkip is USC mascot materialGamecockSkip is USC mascot materialGamecockSkip is USC mascot materialGamecockSkip is USC mascot materialGamecockSkip is USC mascot material
Default Re: Moonshine

The illegal corn sour mash comes off the still at 180-190 proof if double twisted. It's usually cut to 90-100 proof with spring water. A good way to check the proof is to shake the mason jar and look at the bubbles, known as bead around the top of the likker. It should also burn with a pure blue flame. Any yellow means contaminants. A lot of the mountain folk also make apple brandy which is excellent. Of course, since it's illegal I've never touched the stuff. Hear that Ya dang revenuers?
GamecockSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:35 PM   #22
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSkip View Post
The illegal corn sour mash comes off the still at 180-190 proof if double twisted. It's usually cut to 90-100 proof with spring water. A good way to check the proof is to shake the mason jar and look at the bubbles, known as bead around the top of the likker. It should also burn with a pure blue flame. Any yellow means contaminants. A lot of the mountain folk also make apple brandy which is excellent. Of course, since it's illegal I've never touched the stuff. Hear that Ya dang revenuers?
^ ^ ^ This guy can find you some.

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:40 PM   #23
FightOnState
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100200
FightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudly

I know where to find it in the Fair Grounds on the day of games. Row 11 is all I am saying.....
FightOnState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:41 PM   #24
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightOnState View Post
I know where to find it in the Fair Grounds on the day of games. Row 11 is all I am saying.....
Funny i am in row 11! Coincidence!! hmmmm
Old 09-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #25
MBGCock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1110145
MBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
SEC 506?
MBGCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #26
FightOnState
Banned

Male

FightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBGCock View Post
SEC 506?

This could make you think your in 506. lol
Old 09-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #27
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Quote:
This could make you think your in 506. lol
Sent you a pm
Old 09-19-2012, 03:46 PM   #28
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

There's a place right down the road from Clemson that sales the stuff. It's not any of the strong stuff like Popcorn Sutton made but I hear it's good stuff. You gotta know the right people to get that stuff
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #29
FightOnState
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGEGARNETCOCK View Post
Funny i am in row 11! Coincidence!! hmmmm

Prob the best stuff I have had in awhile. Right up there with good ole Pop Corns shit.

RIP ye old man...
Old 09-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #30
FightOnState
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglegolf018 View Post
There's a place right down the road from Clemson that sales the stuff. It's not any of the strong stuff like Popcorn Sutton made but I hear it's good stuff. You gotta know the right people to get that stuff
Dude, I wish I can say I still have a jar.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #31
GarnetGoggles08
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001000
GarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Ever2Thee View Post
To be honest, if you want good legit moonshine, there's no way to legally acquire it
That's what I figured. I just texted one of my buddies and he says he might have a hookup for the good stuff so I'm going to see where that goes lol
GarnetGoggles08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #32
GarnetGoggles08
Banned

Male

GarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Prob the best stuff I have had in awhile. Right up there with good ole Pop Corns shit.

RIP ye old man...
Haha When I went to Nashville for the Vandy game, I stopped in at The Bootleggers Inn on Broadway and they had a wide selection of different flavored "white whiskeys" which were the Popcorn Sutton brand.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #33
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

I live here in East TN and can get it, though don't ask me to ship any...if you are my way, send me a PM and maybe I can hook you up. THe stuff that I get is $20/quart and can only get it when it is "ready". It comes in several flavors, but the apple pie is the most palatable. Anyone selling it on the internet in an obvious way is not real moonshine IMO. The stuff I get comes in a glass mason jar with no labels. I "ordered" a couple of quarts for an upcoming backpacking trip. I ordered mountain blackberry and apple pie. Good luck in your search.
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #34
GarnetGoggles08
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSkip View Post
You are a moonshiner.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #35
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorchief View Post
Ol' Smokey in Gatlinburg... legit, but weak
Palmetto Moonshine in Anderson, SC... pretty dang good.
Dark Corner in Greenville, SC... haven't tried, but heard great things.

what they sell is unaged corn whiskey, which is exactly what moonshine is. Moonshine just gets its name from the fact it's illegally made. Save yourself the headache and potential trouble, just go to one of those 3 places
My friend brough moonshine down for the ECU game from this place... moonshine was damn tasty and it hit the spot. This place is located in DT Greenville I do believe.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #36
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetGoggles08 View Post
Haha When I went to Nashville for the Vandy game, I stopped in at The Bootleggers Inn on Broadway and they had a wide selection of different flavored "white whiskeys" which were the Popcorn Sutton brand.
PM me dude!
Old 09-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #37
GarnetGoggles08
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
I live here in East TN and can get it, though don't ask me to ship any...if you are my way, send me a PM and maybe I can hook you up. THe stuff that I get is $20/quart and can only get it when it is "ready". It comes in several flavors, but the apple pie is the most palatable. Anyone selling it on the internet in an obvious way is not real moonshine IMO. The stuff I get comes in a glass mason jar with no labels. I "ordered" a couple of quarts for an upcoming backpacking trip. I ordered mountain blackberry and apple pie. Good luck in your search.
I've been reading "The backpacker's field manual" in preparation for some trips I plan to take soon. Nowhere in the nutrition section does it recommend bringing moonshine though lol
Old 09-19-2012, 04:08 PM   #38
FightOnState
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGEGARNETCOCK View Post
Sent you a pm
Driving will check when I get home!
Old 09-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #39
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Dude, I wish I can say I still have a jar.
Never had a jar but I always wanted one just to say I had it.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #40
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

Quote:
Driving will check when I get home!
Just don't wreck!