CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
GregoryHouse
JaxcockFL
B-G
JerseyBird
gamecockgal
uscGRAD04
doubledribble
usc1
Regalcock
2014 Subway Classic: (1901)
Props to Eric Hyman. (1260)
Former Gamecock root (1235)
Franks boy's are pla (927)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Four USC Basketball (681)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (495)
Kentucky is dominati (466)
Bowl packages (421)
Chance of my lifetim (391)
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
official UFC thread. (new
Former Gamecock rooting f
Has the window closed for
Bruce!!!
The Vent and Coaching cha
How Long Will The Rebuild
Decommitment from Texas A
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th

Old 10-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #1
stiffolcock
trust me

Male

CockyCash: 200
stiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot material
Default smoke up.

about to build a smoke generator. cannot wait to try it out. will post pictures as things develop. cack, a friend and i are looking into some neat shit dealing with wood chips. you may be interested in it: bulk chip creation.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
JQ94
4-Star

Male

JQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: smoke up.

Like cold smoke?
Old 10-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #3
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Ive smoked wood chips before
Old 10-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #4
Ole Gregg
make an assessment

Male

CockyCash: 6567085
Ole Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot material

y'all ain't never heard of this?

oh, wait smoke up, I thought it said smoked up, as in we done smoked it all.
w
\.
" Are you playing your love games with me? "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxaP19pY1FI
Ole Gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:40 PM   #5
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Torrefaction? Be careful with that.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #6
stiffolcock
trust me

Male

stiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot material

jq94, it can be used in cold smoking or smoke supplement when hot smoking.
oll gregg, did not watch, sorry.
SB, you are a sick sick man.....
g88, no. it is forced air combustion. not making char cloth here.....
Old 10-03-2012, 09:50 PM   #7
stiffolcock
trust me

Male

Old 10-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #8
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffolcock View Post
about to build a smoke generator. cannot wait to try it out. will post pictures as things develop. cack, a friend and i are looking into some neat shit dealing with wood chips. you may be interested in it: bulk chip creation.

Huh? Never heard of it

However, I have a stick burner now, so I don't even have use for the chips I have now.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #9
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Sammy Dropkins smokes up.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #10
CockyBoiler
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 105882
CockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
Sammy Dropkins smokes up.

He should definitely name his smoker Sammy Potkins
Old 10-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #11
92Pony
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1015010
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb

From the subject line, I thought this whole thread was about Potkins.....
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #12
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:

That is freaking sweet
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #13
stiffolcock
trust me

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Chicken View Post
That is freaking sweet
built 2 of them today. took all of an hour. and it works. testing it this weekend on a boston butt. will wipe fingers on screen when done eating for those on the other side wanting a whiff.......(that sentence can really be messed up).
Old 10-04-2012, 04:09 PM   #14
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

It's almost 4:20
Old 10-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #15
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
built 2 of them today. took all of an hour. and it works. testing it this weekend on a boston butt. will wipe fingers on screen when done eating for those on the other side wanting a whiff.......(that sentence can really be messed up).

Haha...well regardless of where you wipe your fingers...please do update. I would love to give something like that a try. How quickly does it burn through those chips in the tube?
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #16
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

i was excited til i read what this thread is really about
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #17
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
i was excited til i read what this thread is really about
Samsies
Old 10-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #18
GamecockRocker
Cynical Optimist

Male

GamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot material

I figured it was going to be about the Mizzou player that just got suspended
Old 10-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #19
stiffolcock
trust me

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Chicken View Post
Haha...well regardless of where you wipe your fingers...please do update. I would love to give something like that a try. How quickly does it burn through those chips in the tube?
no trial run yet but: judging from others i have seen, 1-1:30 per packed cup of CHIPS. Dust will last longer as will chunks. my air pump is a double output, if tied together with both, i expect it to put out more smoke but also use fuel faster. these things are simple to make, i saw one guy make one out of an empty bean can and a couple of pieces of pipe. if you are creative and spend 30 bucks, you could make something really nice.
i am cold smoking cheese saturday and smoking the butt separately. from what i read, there is no instant gratification with the cheese, it has to rest for 3 weeks. i can slip a few jalapenos, tomatoes, hard boiled eggs and salt (yes, smoked salt, it is awesome) in with it.
i will keep posted.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #20
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 1000076044
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

DGB?