CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
sporkgod50
TheUniversityofSC
Regalcock
gamecockgal
Spurticus
RGHoskins
garnet_black215
sanford
cocky0
U-Dub Gamecock
Gators brag on Clown (749)
Another UGA player a (502)
Ryan Wood leaving P& (405)
Southern Miss player (314)
Predict TAMU 2014 (283)
Kick e'm Horns! (263)
Any PC builders here (229)
Baby Gamecock is her (190)
Showcase Scoop (180)
Max Schrock (148)
2015 - Ty'Son Williams
Green and Lammons
college football match up
2015 - Auden Tate
Any PC builders here? You
Another UGA player arrest
Gators brag on Clowney
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
2015 - Dallas Warmack - A
Kick e'm Horns!

Old 10-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #21
stiffolcock
trust me

Male

CockyCash: 200
stiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot material
Default Re: smoke up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
DGB?
oh for fvcks sake. we get it, it was funny the first few references, sorta like how people feel the need to make the connection that (game)cocks is slang for dicks every other post in some random thread. contribute, tits, or GTFO.

Last edited by stiffolcock; 10-04-2012 at 10:16 PM.
stiffolcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:43 PM   #22
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffolcock View Post
That is pretty sweet, it makes me want to smoke a bunch of shit... Then cook some food lol.

Seriously tho, how much does one of those go for?
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #23
stiffolcock
trust me

Male

stiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Ever2Thee View Post
That is pretty sweet, it makes me want to smoke a bunch of shit... Then cook some food lol.

Seriously tho, how much does one of those go for?
the one in the video is from new zealand. it is 300 bucks. the 2 I made today were free. used scrap material. they are prototypes, will refine the design in the future.
you could spend a few bucks at lowes and a couple of hours have a fantastic product.
here is some things you need to know about:
burn rates
wood preference
a little mechanical know-how
and, the venturi effect
Old 10-04-2012, 11:07 PM   #24
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffolcock View Post
the one in the video is from new zealand. it is 300 bucks. the 2 I made today were free. used scrap material. they are prototypes, will refine the design in the future.
you could spend a few bucks at lowes and a couple of hours have a fantastic product.
here is some things you need to know about:
burn rates
wood preference
a little mechanical know-how
and, the venturi effect
Sounds pretty sweet, my brother just got back from a fishing trip in Alaska and we've got about 30 lbs of beautiful salmon in the freezer, I definitely want to smoke some of it
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:32 PM   #25
stiffolcock
trust me

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Ever2Thee View Post
Sounds pretty sweet, my brother just got back from a fishing trip in Alaska and we've got about 30 lbs of beautiful salmon in the freezer, I definitely want to smoke some of it
I got a recipie for smoked catfish i will post when i can.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #26
stiffolcock
trust me

Male

butter just got added to the list of things on the smoker tomorrow.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #27
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

That looks like it puts out a lot of thick smoke. It's a cool concept for your grill instead of doing a smoke bomb or anything, but you don't want your smoke being that thick. You want it to be a real thin almost light blue looking smoke.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #28
gamecock231983
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 12113530
gamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot material

I thought this was. Going to be about Ole Sammy
gamecock231983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #29
stiffolcock
trust me

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
That looks like it puts out a lot of thick smoke. It's a cool concept for your grill instead of doing a smoke bomb or anything, but you don't want your smoke being that thick. You want it to be a real thin almost light blue looking smoke.
Heavy smoke is for demonstration. Let me get some salt made and i will send it too you or drop it off in gvill when i am up there. I will get you some info when we refine it.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #30
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

so how did the cook go?

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #31
stiffolcock
trust me

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
so how did the cook go?
butter is off any list i ever put together for smoking. i cant describe.... um , no, never again. the salt on the other hand was fantastic. the cheese is aging nicely. i did a mild cheddar and a second block of pepperjack. those looked like they came out of a food catalog. they have 3 weeks to go for aging. now for the not so nice stuff. i got to figure out how to lessen the amount of smoke. i burnt 2-3 pounds of chips in less than 3 hours. way too much. i think i have found a way to control it with a gang valve off the air pump. i also have to add a baffle for the chips. overall, fantastic piece of equipment, just got to learn how to control that genie we let out of the bottle. now, what i did this weekend was just cold smoking. you can do it with a cardboard box as the cabinet if you need to. the temp never got over 100 degrees. now, i can get the temperature down if i extend the tube from the generator to the cabinet and never get above ambient temp. next test will be on meat as a supplement to the heat from the cooker. prolly do that this weekend.
on a side note, i put a butt on the electric smoker also. ate until i damn near got sick. cooked at 225 for 5.5-6 hrs.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #32
stiffolcock
trust me

Male

smoked cheese came out of aging yesterday. it was damn good. a little strong on the smoke flavor but good. the mild cheddar was better than the pepperjack imho. making another batch this weekend with less smoking time. may try different cheese also.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:39 AM   #33
stiffolcock
trust me

Male

also smoking peppercorns with another batch of salt.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:55 PM   #34
uscfan1
Storyteller

Male

uscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot material

Almost too much smoke. Better let those grills breathe or drill some extra exits
uscfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote