CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
l^l^lBGCock
roosterdude21
WeStillOwnUSC
gamecockgal
Badazcock
Gamecocks1137
GarnetSwarm1990
ccured
TonyVercetti
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Gameday in Columbia (1224)
**USC vs. Vanderbilt (1168)
Stadium improvement (767)
Lammons out (663)
Doniyah Cliney to si (650)
Why we'll dominate C (610)
Alabama vs Florida. (532)
UGA is running over (414)
Where to Watch the G (404)
Mizzou game late par (266)
ECU is a good team
Alabama vs Florida.
**USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME
ECU
Good crowd for volleyball
Stay focus
Misery
UGA is running over Troy
Why is hope solo still pl
Why we'll dominate Clemso

Old 11-03-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material
Default Johnny Manziel

Are you sick and tired of hearing Johnny Football every five freaking seconds when referring to Johnny Manziel? It has to be the lamest nickname in sports.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material
Default Re: Johnny Manziel

Johnny Football is quite the athlete
Old 11-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #3
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

He is but God Johnny Football is getting old, and AJ McCarron is still a heck of a lot better.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #4
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Are you sick and tired of hearing Johnny Football every five freaking seconds when referring to Johnny Manziel? It has to be the lamest nickname in sports.
That man is a beast and will be the face of college football for a few years. Personally I'll be surprised if he doesn't win a Heisman barring injury issues.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #5
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

no

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #6
TheDarkCock21
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
TheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talons

how he isnt in the heisman talk is beyond me. he should be in the top 3 just bc of his stat line
TheDarkCock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #7
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkCock21 View Post
how he isnt in the heisman talk is beyond me. he should be in the top 3 just bc of his stat line
Agreed.

Now I'm not saying he's comparable in skill to RG3. But in terms of his statistics, it's a very comparable season to RG3s. In terms of a guy putting the team on his back winning games while putting up massive statistics.

And before we say, well it's the offense, Art Briles runs the exact same offense and is a Mike Leach guy (as well as Sumlin)

#LukeForMod

Old 11-03-2012, 10:31 PM   #8
TheDarkCock21
Blue Chip

Male

TheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talonsTheDarkCock21 has developed his gaff and talons

^^^ Yep. His wins column will be why he doesnt win it bc they havent beat big teams BUT he still had great games. its stupid plus its in the SEC
Old 11-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #9
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkCock21 View Post
Because he's a freshman and they really haven't played anyone (Mississippi State is proving to be a fluke and they lost to Florida and LSU).

Let's see what he can do next week against Alabama then we'll see if he should be in Heisman talks.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:37 PM   #10
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post
Because he's a freshman and they really haven't played anyone (Mississippi State is proving to be a fluke and they lost to Florida and LSU.

Let's see what he can do next week against Alabama then we'll see if he should be in Heisman talks.
I agree with this as well.

He needs a Heisman moment. Like RG3 had last year (the Oklahoma game)

I still believe if they played Florida mid season they would have won, but he'll need to put up good numbers and win in a Marquee game (Bama coming up)

Today if the season ended I see the hesiman voting ending like this.
1.Klein
2. Te'o
3. Miller

#LukeForMod

Old 11-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #11
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

I am dumbfounded that AJ is not in the discussion

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #12
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

McCarron will win the Heisman you can bank on that. He won a National Title as a true freshman last year and will repeat this year.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #13
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
McCarron will win the Heisman you can bank on that. He won a National Title as a true freshman last year and will repeat this year.

Mccarron was not a true freshman last year.

I would be a Heisman contender behind that offensive line and with that running game. It would be too easy.

NOT SAYING MCCARRON IS A BAD QB. I think he's one of the top 2 in the SEC but what games has he won? I think you're falling into the trap of picking the best player from the best team.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #14
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
I am dumbfounded that AJ is not in the discussion
I agree.

I think he will be after this game (assuming they hold on to win).

Big time game, on the road, Death Valley.

It's just hard to not have Klein as #1.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #15
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

^For some reason I thought he was a true freshman last year.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #16
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

McCarron is a Junior.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #17
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Right now if the season ended today he will not.

Seeing K State's remaining schedule and considering hesiman is given out before the title game, Klein will win.

Also the only game "he's won" in his career was last years national title game.
Too bad last years stats don't count

#LukeForMod

Old 11-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #18
TheDarkCock21
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
I agree with this as well.

He needs a Heisman moment. Like RG3 had last year (the Oklahoma game)

I still believe if they played Florida mid season they would have won, but he'll need to put up good numbers and win in a Marquee game (Bama coming up)

Today if the season ended I see the hesiman voting ending like this.
1.Klein
2. Te'o
3. Miller
What Marque moment has Braxton Miller had? They worse teams than A&M and Ohio State has more talent than A&M. Only thing they have goings for them is the record. And about the Miss St... they have lost to damn good football teams.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #19
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

The Heisman is awarded after the conference championship games and Big XII doesn't have one that will hurt Klein.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #20
jcook84
Face Melter

Male

CockyCash: 2300
jcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudly

Kenjon Barner is getting hosed in Heisman talks.

If 38/322/5 against USC in L.A. isn't a marquee Heisman line, I've never seen one.

Mariota went 20/23 304 3 tds as well.
jcook84 is offline   Reply With Quote