CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
JaxcockFL
B-G
GregoryHouse
doubledribble
JerseyBird
gamecockgal
uscGRAD04
SMOTFS86
eklypised
2014 Subway Classic: (1901)
Props to Eric Hyman. (1260)
Former Gamecock root (1235)
Franks boy's are pla (927)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Four USC Basketball (681)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (495)
Kentucky is dominati (466)
Bowl packages (421)
Chance of my lifetim (391)
Has the window closed for
Bruce!!!
The Vent and Coaching cha
official UFC thread. (new
How Long Will The Rebuild
Decommitment from Texas A
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
Kentucky is dominating UC
Question for those who ha

Old 11-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
ZenUSC
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit
Default Offensive Line Starting Five 2013

corey Robinson--Ronald Patrick--AJ Cann--Mike Matulis--Brandon Shell

In no particular order or position I see these five guys as the starting five OL in 2013 if one of them can play center.

Any remarks about these guys being the best OL this season who are returning?
ZenUSC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Offensive Line Starting Five 2013

LT - Robinson
LG - Cann
C - Harris
RG - Patrick
RT - Shell

If Elliott makes any significant changes it will be at C and RG .. He has his bookends for the foreseeable future and a stalwart at LG.

I mentioned it in another thread, but I wouldn't be surprised if Matulis is done.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #3
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Can we bank on Matulis to overcome his proneness to injury?

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #4
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Hopefully, the only change made will be at C. Would be nice to have four starters returning to the same position as the previous year.

Hope Matulis isn't done, but either way I still think we'll be ok in terms of depth, even though some of it will be young.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #5
Red Devil
Starter

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Patrick has whiffed on too many pays this year. most notably on the play that injured Marcus. What about the Stadniks, no place for either one??
Old 11-15-2012, 01:16 PM   #6
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

I'm sure the Stadniks will be in the mix as much as Elliott rotates. Pretty sure Waldrop will be too at some point also.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #7
ZenUSC
Starter

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
I'm sure the Stadniks will be in the mix as much as Elliott rotates. Pretty sure Waldrop will be too at some point also.
I don't see Stadniks or Elliot as being as talented or experienced as Matulis. Not at all.
ZenUSC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #8
Emery
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

If the past several seasons are any indication, then we will have a different starting 5 throughout the year.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #9
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
Patrick has whiffed on too many pays this year. most notably on the play that injured Marcus. What about the Stadniks, no place for either one??
Sorry, I can't let this go. Before you try to call out a young man for "whiffing" you need to know a little bit about his assignment on said play. The play Marcus was injured on was a Power O play, where the backside guard pulls and wraps to the playside Linebacker. He missed the playside backer, but the guy who injured marcus was the corner at the bottom of the field. His assignment is look inside-out. He does look, but he just passes him up, for whatever reason. Maybe he thought the guy was too far inside, IDK, but he was not the cause of Marcus' injury, the DB going for his knee, while it was firmly planted to make a cut was the cause.

ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #10
zambam
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24050000
zambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
I don't see Stadniks or Elliot as being as talented or experienced as Matulis. Not at all.

Yes Elliot seems old and slow. More of an FCS type player. Maybe App State.
zambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #11
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambam View Post
Or move him to TE.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #12
SpurProsecutor
Banned

Male

SpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambam View Post
Lol ... is Elliott a redshirt senior next year?
SpurProsecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:26 PM   #13
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

It will not be a great OL until we get the center position settled...That position is a hard one to grasp....But we do have the nucleus to have a really good line for sure....It will be intresting to see how our back ups on the OL progress as next year goes along also...
Old 11-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #14
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Yeah but we have been spoiled at the Center position for a long time. Johnson, Anderson, White, etc etc. I expect it to continue.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 11-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #15
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Yeah but we have been spoiled at the Center position for a long time. Johnson, Anderson, White, etc etc. I expect it to continue.
...Dang....I forgot how solid we have been at center...That is some pretty good centers right there...
Old 11-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #16
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
...what just happened?
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #17
Red Devil
Starter

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra742002 View Post
Sorry, I can't let this go. Before you try to call out a young man for "whiffing" you need to know a little bit about his assignment on said play. The play Marcus was injured on was a Power O play, where the backside guard pulls and wraps to the playside Linebacker. He missed the playside backer, but the guy who injured marcus was the corner at the bottom of the field. His assignment is look inside-out. He does look, but he just passes him up, for whatever reason. Maybe he thought the guy was too far inside, IDK, but he was not the cause of Marcus' injury, the DB going for his knee, while it was firmly planted to make a cut was the cause.

I didn'y say he was responsible for the injury. I said he whiffed on his assignment, as many others have said on here and elsewhere.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #18
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
...Dang....I forgot how solid we have been at center...That is some pretty good centers right there...
Yeah man we have had a really good run since Spurrier got here @ C.

I think Harris is going to win the battle this Spring but it looks like Waldrop is working there and he might be the guy that overtakes Harris when the games are played. That dude is an animal.

I also think you could see Gibson and/or B.Stadnik turn into Guards possibly?

I'm worried about our backup LT situation because we don't have anything behind Robinson but it sounds as though Mason Zandi could be trained at both. For 2014, I hope Elliott can go find him a prototypical LT. Even with the 2013 class that is committed, I don't really see one.

I'm curious to see how Sport and C. Stadnik develop as well.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #19
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Yeah but we have been spoiled at the Center position for a long time. Johnson, Anderson, White, etc etc.
Chris White....most underrated center in Gamecock history IMO. Still miss him playing for us.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #20
Kuhn
Starter

Male

Kuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudly

While Rok was fantastic at guard last year, I stll expected a lot more from Patrick. Watch him on the 4th and 6 TD play vs. Ark....seems to have these wtf plays every game. He is the weak link, imo.
Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote