CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
gamecockgal
Clowneygotcha
eightohhthree
spareparts
A. Pilgrim
Gamecocks1137
COCKYTALKIN
Order 66
Badazcock
Acock's Wrap Up: Geo (2066)
Elliott Fry crushes (1929)
If (big IF) we can w (1636)
No Gurley near the g (1485)
Tired of night games (1179)
How the top 25 SHOUL (973)
Photos of fans befor (931)
20 of 31 former play (927)
The SEC East schedul (920)
Missouri Game Set Fo (819)
Missouri Game Set For 7:0
Ark St. Player Fakes Deat
What the heck is up with
ESPN USC campaign poster
Next years RB situation
Tired of night games
High Resolution Photos
Elliott Fry crushes Clems
Acock's Wrap Up: Georgia
Missing that annual relea

Old 11-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
go garnet
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
go garnet has feathers coming ingo garnet has feathers coming ingo garnet has feathers coming in
Default We Sure Better Beat Clempson This Year...

The game is still a good ways away, and for the past week I already hear them opening their mouths. It's not so much that I don't like Clempson, It's that I don't like Clempson fans...

The ones I know around here are already talking about the points they are going to hang on SC. We need to beat them again so I can have another year of peace and quiet...

I know we still have a Wofford game to play first, but the Taters are already starting so I just wanted to throw this out there. I'm sure a few of you are already experiencing the same thing.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
scz71864
5 Star Frat

Male

CockyCash: 200
scz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudly
Default Re: We Sure Better Beat Clempson This Year...

Yes i cant wait for this sunday. All the new threads about it. Im nervous this year i dont know what team will show up there

scz71864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #3
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

We will be fine. They better be worried about stopping us. We have some tight ends and speedy wide outs that are going to give them fits.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
1982Gamecock
Recruit

Male

1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by scz71864 View Post
Yes i cant wait for this sunday. All the new threads about it. Im nervous this year i dont know what team will show up there
I was nervous last year and then sat in Willy Brice having a fun ride as we whopped up them! I think our D is actually more aggressive this year and fully expect Taj will fold under the heat again. They play a long ball game and I just don't see him having time to let things develop. They can't stop a runny nose so I think our O will give them fits all night.

35-21 Cocks!
1982Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #5
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

I would feel very confident of it wasn't at Clemson
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Being in Clemson will be a factor, but there are two things in our favor in this particular road game. It won't be anything they haven't seen before. I mean, we did play a night game in Death Valley (LSU) and only lost by two. And second, there will be a TON of Garnet and Black there. We will be fine.

As long as we don't come out flat like we did at UF at least.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #7
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Personally I think the team will come out motivated. They'll want to get Spurrier to the top of all time win mark vs the Rival. A little extra salt in the wound...

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #8
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Turnovers are the great equalizer. If we have a few, they probably win. If they have a few, we probably win.
cockymac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #9
GAMECOCKGUY74
Recruit

Male

GAMECOCKGUY74 has developed his gaff and talonsGAMECOCKGUY74 has developed his gaff and talonsGAMECOCKGUY74 has developed his gaff and talonsGAMECOCKGUY74 has developed his gaff and talonsGAMECOCKGUY74 has developed his gaff and talonsGAMECOCKGUY74 has developed his gaff and talonsGAMECOCKGUY74 has developed his gaff and talonsGAMECOCKGUY74 has developed his gaff and talonsGAMECOCKGUY74 has developed his gaff and talonsGAMECOCKGUY74 has developed his gaff and talonsGAMECOCKGUY74 has developed his gaff and talons

getting to boyd is the key........our DL has a big night we win easily.......if not it will be a shootout that i would rather avoid.......our D wont let us down!!
GAMECOCKGUY74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #10
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Clemson fans already talking smack. I say they need to worry about NC St first. They got embarassed by NCSU last year before our game.

We SHOULD win. Won't be easy as its a away game at night but i think we will come out and play. Not a blow out but won't be close. The main thing is to not turnover the ball.

If we do that, we should be fine, get the 10 wins, and have Spurrier have the most wins ever as a coach at South Carolina.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #11
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

My first Gamecock Clemson game. God I hope we put a hurtin on them.

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #12
robert40
Recruit

Male

robert40 has feathers coming inrobert40 has feathers coming inrobert40 has feathers coming in

No worries here,it's clemson.
robert40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #13
KEmmrich
Walk On

Male

KEmmrich has hatched from the shell

I think Clemson's offense is for real and if they are clicking they can drop 40+ on anybody. The key is not to be "anybody". Our defense is good enough to slow them down and maybe cause a couple of turnovers. The key will be outstanding defensive play and good offensive execution.

This year Clemson has the most competitive team in the last four years for USC. Our "D" gives us a great chance, but the "O" has got to come to play.

USC 31-27 -- we make them kick that extra FG instead of getting a TD.
KEmmrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #14
cock13
An illusion, Michael

Male

CockyCash: 51250
cock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot material

Living in Alabama the past few years, a lot of people have wondered why I hate Clemson so much. So I tell them, it's "Auburn... with a lake."

This has been the most effective way to speak their language to them, and I've turned more than a few people into Clemson haters
Old 11-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #15
jellafever
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

cLLLempson*
jellafever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:09 PM   #16
Kuhn
Starter

Male

Kuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudly

Depends if Connor plays like he does at home instead of like he has away. With Latti out, its time for Shaw to take it to another level or Clemson will win. If we lose, I'd like to see Mangus resign to take a similar job at Prairie View A&M.
Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:16 PM   #17
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 0
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

If we beat Clempsun this year, from reading the posts on taternet, there will be a meltdown of biblical proportions.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:37 AM   #18
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Clemson should be more worried about letting their QB hit the dirt as much as he has and will be hitting it, than how many points they think they can hang on us.

Early Prediction here. Clowney will have 2 sacks in this game, yes at least 2.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:18 AM   #19
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

There's a thread on Tiggernet pleading with Clemson fans to not sell their tickets to "coots". One guy had a Gamecock fan offer him $400/ea for his 2 tickets. If I were that guy, I'd take the money and run!!

I'm a bit nervous this year as well, but I am every year when we play Clemscum and the last 3 years our Gamecocks have not disappointed us.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:22 AM   #20
Steady
Great to be a gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Steady has earned his spursSteady has earned his spursSteady has earned his spursSteady has earned his spursSteady has earned his spursSteady has earned his spurs

As long as we still have our defensive line and they still have their offensive line... We'll be fine. Our defensive line won that game last year (shaw playing big didn't hurt either) but the defensive line completely threw Boyd off. Go back and look at their offensive stats they were the worst they had put up all season. Hurts not having Ingram but clowney is clowney, they're not going to stop him. No one has proved they could consistently stop him all game except maybe Tennessee & even then he came up HUGE on that last drive. Will they have a few wrinkles that puts their players in space and make a few big plays? against our secondary I think so, but as the game goes on we should settle in and the team who win's the trenches will prevail.