CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
75CarolinaFan
StormOfTalons
robgusc76
trapper82
CockyLifer
cocksmith1or11
WeStillOwnUSC
GH
TAFC 5 1981
Dish Network... Damn (1062)
Aggie looking for Ho (945)
2014 Class Academic (934)
Been watching a lot (377)
I forgot that I like (273)
So, I visited Chicag (236)
National Anthem by f (199)
Dog Hotels for Footb (191)
Tom Hoskins Memorial (93)
Preseason Depth Char (91)
Preseason Depth Chart
Theory On Why Clemson Los
Parking
SEC Network Poised For Bl
Louis lorrie gaal: also w
Messi vs Germany
Aggie looking for Hotel/R
Official World Cup 2014 T
Dish Network... Damn!
Lebron James Going to Cav

Old 11-16-2012, 05:48 PM   #181
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: SOS not happy with students

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
You are completely ignorant to what that would cause.
I know exactly what it would cause, A LINE. Oh the Humanity!!!!

Last edited by ReadR00ster; 11-16-2012 at 06:02 PM.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:55 PM   #182
CocksfanNC
Gamecock Mama

Female

CockyCash: 100500
CocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot material

I'm going to get flack for saying this, but until the focus of gameday is football, people who are there just to be seen will continue to leave early. Case in point: girls in black dresses and cowboy boots. Really? For a football game? It's not a fashion show, and even if it was -- COWBOY BOOTS???? Stupidest thing I've seen in a long time, and I LIVED THROUGH ORANGE BAGGY PANTS, LEG WARMERS AND BELTED, SHOULDER-PADDED SWEATERS. And MULLETS ON GIRLS!

Yes, I'm old and crotchety and yes, things were better in my day. We wore a Gamecock t-shirt to the football games and that was good enough! We also had to walk to class in the snow -- uphill! Both ways! In Columbia! And we didn't have your fancy-schmancy cellular mobile phones. If we needed to talk to somebody -- we went and found them! If we wanted music, we had to carry a 15-lb. boom box on our shoulder. AND WE WERE GLAD TO HAVE THAT! Y'all spoiled whippersnappers! GET OFF MY LAWN! *shakes fist*

(Having said that, make students pay for their tickets. Doesn't have to be full price, but if you get something for free, it begins to feel like it isn't worth anything.)
Old 11-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #183
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Don't knock the boots till you try it. My boots are the most comfortable things for me to wear to games.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #184
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

we don't get it "for free".. but part of it does have to do with not actively paying for it each game, I guess..

did any of yall have to pay for student tickets back in the day? (not sarcastic, just wondering how it was back then)

Metalrush24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #185
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3462
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I thought the students were awarded tickets on a point system. If thats so then scan theri tickets on the way out and penalize them points for leaving early.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #186
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
that would be punishment. that would take ages to get people out of the student section. and you are right it isn't a priveledge or a right, we pay for those tickets.
You do NOT pay for those tickets. Want me to break this down for you all again?

Get off of that. This is probably another reason many are leaving. Ignorance stemming from the mistake of believing they are entitled to those tickets.
ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #187
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post

Get off of that. This is probably another reason many are leaving. Ignorance stemming from the mistake of believing they are entitled to those tickets.
please

break it down

Metalrush24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #188
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post

wait what, i pay tuiton. the school playing on that field is the school i attend. don't act like kids going to that school arn't the reason their is a school football team.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #189
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
Don't knock the boots till you try it. My boots are the most comfortable things for me to wear to games.
EVERYONE LOOKS THE SAME!!! IT'S TOO FREAKY!!!
Old 11-16-2012, 06:11 PM   #190
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
I thought the students were awarded tickets on a point system. If thats so then scan theri tickets on the way out and penalize them points for leaving early.
Then they just don't scan the ticket. They just leave without scanning it. They lleave the ticket in their pocket or throw it away. You have to make the students want to get the ticket scanned.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #191
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Proper fitting cowboy boots are very comfortable
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #192
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Proper fitting cowboy boots are very comfortable
That's exactly the reason why everyone is wearing them.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #193
Gamecock2008
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock2008 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockNeal View Post
I was an undergrad from 2003-2006. I stood in line at the Russell House and planned my day around it. It was exciting and made me appreciate the game more. I stayed the entire game. Was amazing.

Now I am a grad student here and in my second and final year. I got lower level season tickets and it doesnt feel the same. The students that come didn't have to show they wanted a ticket. The just signed up and now have no attachment.

This is the single biggest reason why. I see it personally now.
This. I waited in line all four years of my time at Carolina and it was the best experience. We made many friends and still keep in touch to this day. I not only appreciated the game more than usual but it was a part of my college experience that I would never give up.

When I heard they were moving it to an online function I had mixed feelings. It is easier but as has been said many times in this thread it devalues the game for each person.

There were people who tried to cut in line but that stopped quickly. Tough to do that in front of a couple of thousand people no matter where you tried to cut.

And one other thing, in my four years of waiting in line I never had to miss a class. Did have to stay overnight a couple of times in front of the library but that is what made it special. Not a point and click experience.
Gamecock2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #194
CockyFanForLife
Recruit

Female

CockyCash: 500
CockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPit

Just my 2 cents: Some of my best times as a Carolina student were spent camping out for basketball tickets during the Frank McGuire era! Yes, I'm old.
CockyFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #195
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
That's exactly the reason why everyone is wearing them.
Has nothing to do with alcohol concealment, right? I knew guys and girls that wore them for this reason 10-15i years ago. But i never never put any alcohol in my boots
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #196
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

The HBC is getting very pissed at this issue and I heard the highlights on the way to work this morning and he was livid when he went to point to say boo those who leave early. The students now aren't old enough to have experienced the dark days of Fat Brad, most of the them all they know is the final year or so of Holtz and all of the HBC, they either don't know or understand they are seeing the best football to every grace the Brice. They need to punish those who leave early because there are others who want to go and stay but the sororistutes and the guys that are there for chasing tail are the some of the biggest problems.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #197
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Has nothing to do with alcohol concealment, right? I knew guys and girls that wore them for this reason 10-15i years ago. But i never never put any alcohol in my boots
Hahaha some people do. But I personal just wear them for comfort.

Did I really see the argument a few pages back that students shouldn't even be given tickets? Now I've seen it all.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #198
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

nobody says you have to go to games. if you dont want to that is great. if you decide to purchase tickets it needs to be with a dedication to the team. if you leave you should have to show your ticket. that person shouldnt be allowed to ever purchase football tickets again.

that person also should be put on some form of probation. maybe a whole year without being able to purchase tickets for the other sports. if this were to happen then the people buying them would truly be fans.

as a side note, i like the girlies in boots. if a girl wears boots on a saturday she will make a great gf.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #199
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

ALL ARGUMENTS ASIDE tomorrow is my last game in the student section. I'll be the one crying uncontrollably getting pulled out by my boots by the ushers 2 hours after the game. With my toast to the alma mater still in the air.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #200
gamecocks36
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
gamecocks36 has hatched from the shell

I totatly agree we have a great coach,great team and a now top ranked team.myself my wife love our gamecocks,at one time had season tickets we never left agame early.so come on true fans remember theres 4 qtrs to every game these men work very hard to give us as fans awinning team.
gamecocks36 is offline   Reply With Quote