CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
ReadR00ster
PageUSC
A. Pilgrim
uscsandstorm85
Gamecocks1137
kingofnerf
Spurticus
taylorssc
MrED
How do you want Aubu (2133)
Auburn/USC point spr (2036)
If the Head Ball Coa (1296)
To ANYONE complainin (998)
Does South Carolina (925)
Mike Davis Stiff Arm (844)
Tennessee Game Time (519)
Rest of the season p (404)
Tennessee kickoff an (401)
Peyton Manning break (320)
Rest of the season predic
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
If the Head Ball Coach re
Does South Carolina still
Incoming Class
Cann tipping plays?
Name a Gamecock
Lorenzo Nunez
Crazy Play
CBS: SOS to Florida?

Old 12-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #21
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly
Default Re: Charleston Eats

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
My Fiance and I will be in Charleston next weekend, and her Bday is the next Monday so I was wanting to take her some place nice that we haven't been before.

I'm thinking of something nice, but not millionaire status. Something along the lines of maybe $20 a plate maybe ... not Fatz. Somewhere that nice jeans and a button up wouldn't be under dressed for too.

We'll be staying in downtown Charleston.

Thanks,
A.W Shucks is awesome and they got some killer bacon! But it's mostly seafood as most of the places in chucktown are! Go online and ckeck out the menu!
Old 12-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #22
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellafever View Post
I've always liked Hyman's.
Yeah man, I always get the scallop POBoy, they load it up so much that I don't even eat the bread. Big ole scallops cooked perfectly. Man now I have to take a trip to Charleston.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #23
Beano Cook
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Beano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his comb

Poogans,Ansons,etc will set you back a good bit more than $20 per person.If you're going to bust the budget look at Husk.One of the top resturants in the South.

Another good one on the lower end is the Variety Store at the City Marina.For atmosphere Red's at Shem Creek or Bohicket is good.

I grew up in the booming metropolis of Jacksonboro SC.Anybody ever been to the old Edisto Restaurant?I used to see Ted Turner in there all the time.
Beano Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #24
CockyFanForLife
Recruit

Female

CockyCash: 500
CockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPit

Check out the menus on line. I like SNOB. Good food and nice atmosphere. Anson is a little pricier, but you could have a drink and appetizers at the bar. It has nice cozy atmosphere, and the bartender is really friendly. My daughter is a hostess there. Magnolia's has a wide selection of entrees and prices, I think. There are a lot of new spots on upper King St for drinks. I've been wanting to try The Gin Joint on East Bay for drinks.
CockyFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #25
CockyFanForLife
Recruit

Female

CockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beano Cook View Post
Poogans,Ansons,etc will set you back a good bit more than $20 per person.If you're going to bust the budget look at Husk.One of the top resturants in the South.

Another good one on the lower end is the Variety Store at the City Marina.For atmosphere Red's at Shem Creek or Bohicket is good.

I grew up in the booming metropolis of Jacksonboro SC.Anybody ever been to the old Edisto Restaurant?I used to see Ted Turner in there all the time.
I miss the Edisto restaurant. It had the best seafood I ever ate.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #26
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

http://www.themacintoshcharleston.com/
Awesome food. Not too pricey and not too stuff but still nice.

http://www.39ruedejean.com/
Lively French restaurant. Not too pricey either. Decent steaks and fries for not a lot of scratch.

http://crucafe.com/
Intimate place with awesome food. Great for lunch too.

http://www.thegrocerycharleston.com/
Not much on atmosphere but really good grub and a place that is starting to get some national buzz.

http://www.huskrestaurant.com/
Nationally recoginzed place that is a farm to fork concept
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #27
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullardt View Post
Virginia's on King St. is really good. Variety of food.
I THINK that's where we ate last time we went and it is really good.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #28
zappa
Bowl MVP

Male

zappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot material

1.Olde Towne,a great Greek place across from the Omni.
2.Magnolia's
3.Amen,right down from Magnolia's
If you go to Olde Towne,get the Steve's Special for 2,and an appetizer sampler.You can still order two bottles of wine and get out for less than a C-note.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #29
CockyFanForLife
Recruit

Female

A lot of the places suggested have good food, but would not be the place for a special birthday dinner with your fiancee in my opinion. Be sure to check them out online if you aren't familiar with them already.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #30
Beano Cook
4-Star

Male

Beano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyFanForLife View Post
I miss the Edisto restaurant. It had the best seafood I ever ate.

One time my plate had 64 fried shrimp on it.Unfortunately all of the owners are now deceased.

Growing up in Jacksonboro in the 70's with all the hunting and fishing and eating at the Edisto any time I wanted,pretty much made for an awesome childhood.
Beano Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #31
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Not to be that guy, but if you're going to go to Charleston for a birthday thing and want a nice dinner, then pay more than 20 per person. It's going to be worth it and just tighten up around the house for 2 weeks and you'll make the money back.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #32
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

Fleet Landing for seafood. 17 North for amazing southern food.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #33
Wagz
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Wagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellafever View Post
I've always liked Hyman's.
Most people who enjoy shitty imported fried seafood do....
Wagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:19 PM   #34
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
Not to be that guy, but if you're going to go to Charleston for a birthday thing and want a nice dinner, then pay more than 20 per person. It's going to be worth it and just tighten up around the house for 2 weeks and you'll make the money back.

If we went to a place that was stupid expensive she'd smack me for it. She wouldn't want anything over the top, so no point in wasting the money.

Plus, we're having to pay for MOST of the wedding ourselves soooooooooo yeah.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #35
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricCock View Post
If you don't eat seafood, might I suggest Applebees haha
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #36
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Brunch at Poogans Porch is pretty dank. Pretty sure those biscuits were made from scratch because they were amazing... half off really good bloody maries.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #37
crazy8s
Walk On

Male

crazy8s has hatched from the shell

i would recommend jestine's kitchen, like a meat and 3 deal, not expensive. 251 meeting st.
crazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:28 PM   #38
lchite4
4-Star

Male

lchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talons

Lived in Charleston last 6 years, I'd suggest Basil for sure. You can definitely get a plate for under $20 and it will be much better than something you'd get at one of the tourist traps down on the Market. It's on upper king st, a few blocks north of Calhoun St. One of my favorite places down there, and don't have to worry about being underdressed in jeans and a button-up. Check out the menu: http://eatatbasil.com/ .
lchite4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #39
infinite1
Iller than most...

Male

infinite1 is making other chickens nervousinfinite1 is making other chickens nervousinfinite1 is making other chickens nervousinfinite1 is making other chickens nervousinfinite1 is making other chickens nervousinfinite1 is making other chickens nervousinfinite1 is making other chickens nervous

82 Queen. Slightly above your budget, but you'll enjoy it.
http://www.82queen.com/home/
infinite1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #40
CCC
Her Modness

Female

CockyCash: 101500
CCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot material

Trattoria Lucca - it's located in a crappy part of Downtown and will make you wonder if your car will be there when you get back, but it's a FANTASTIC Italian restaurant, small, out of the way, but it's a gem tucked away. It's also in your price range ($20-$25 for entrees).
CCC is offline   Reply With Quote