CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
taylorssc
JDJones
Gamecocks1137
TAFC 5 1981
MB_Gamecock
Master Bedroom
conwaycock2
StretfordEnd
Regalcock
TheUniversityofSC
Bowl projections (1929)
Why has there been 4 (1068)
Good Omen for Saturd (1048)
No excuse for the D (953)
Odell Becham Catch (929)
A little late to the (818)
Rebutting Dabo's Ran (787)
Texas A&M Defens (576)
Spurrier Dabo Meme (528)
SC Women #1 in AP Po (524)
Texas A&M Defense
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
2015 Commitment - Marquav
Good Omen for Saturday?
Shaq Roland
NFL: STEELERS @ TITANS Mo
Suspicious sign-in activi
SC Women #1 in AP Poll
GOOD NEWS ABOUT SPURRIER
Bowl projections

Old 12-31-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 - Martez Ivey

Offensive Lineman from Apopka, Florida

USC offer.

Rivals Bio

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:42 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Martez Ivey

Quote:
The 6-foot-5, 271-pound class of 2015 offensive line prospect was dominant in the limited reps he took. Working at left guard, Ivey showed a powerful initial punch, showed above average body quickness, and used his length and strong hands very well. The two-year starter for state champion Apopka currently has offers from Florida State, Ohio State, Oklahoma and South Carolina with Florida expected to offer shortly.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Derwin-...do-Nike-121594

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 03-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #3
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Apopka 2015 offensive line prospect Martez Ivey came in at 6-foot-5, 271-pounds Saturday, and possesses the frame and wingspan coaches covet. He has offers from Florida State, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Nebraska and others with favorite Florida likely to offer soon.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/In-Focu...-NFTCs--122037

Old 03-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #4
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
This super sophomore already has an impressive offer list (Florida, Ohio State, South Carolina, etc.). It will be interesting to watch him develop his body and ability as a player over the next two seasons. He’s a very long 6-foot-5 and has plenty of room to bulk up. Ivey has great footwork and good athleticism.
Link: http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1276629.html

Old 09-17-2013, 01:22 AM   #5
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Everyone in America covets five-star offensive tackle Martez Ivey. He’s the No. 1 junior in Florida, the No. 2 offensive tackle and the No. 6 overall recruit in the country in the 2015 class.

Ivey lists his Top five as Florida, Miami, South Carolina, Nebraska and Alabama.

“I’ve always wanted to be a Gator,” Ivey said. “I like the offensive line coach Tim Davis and coach Will Muschamp.”

So with that, the Gators could be in line to land one of the country’s true blue-chippers with a possible spring or summer pledge next year.

Ivey’s a heavy lean to Florida and it would be coup for him to go elsewhere. He has high interest in Miami’s atmosphere after a recent visit, South Carolina because they offered early, Alabama’s tradition and Nebraska, where his teammate, quarterback Zack Darlington is committed.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Martez-...Orlando-149801

Old 09-24-2013, 11:17 PM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Junior OL Martez Ivey (6-6 280) of Apopka, FL is considering a visit to UCF this weekend to watch USC play. The Gamecocks are among his offers. “I’ve talked to their running back coach (Everette Sands) several times,” Ivey said. “He has been by to see me and tells me he likes my footwork and how I finish blocks down field.” Ivey admitted that he is not too familiar with USC but is paying attention to the program. Clemson is another one of his offers but he has not heard from the Tigers as often. “One of their coaches came by to see me once and they let me know they had offered,” he said. “I don’t really know too much about them.” His most recent visit was to Florida last weekend and future visits remain uncertain. “I just love it there,” Ivey said. “I just love the atmosphere. It’s awesome. I may go back for another game this year.” Ivey added that he does not have any other trips planned. It depends on transportation. “I find my friends that are Miami, FSU or Florida fans that are already going to the game and I catch a ride with them,” he said. With several offers that include USC, Clemson, Florida State, Florida, Miami, Georgia, North Carolina, Ole Miss, Tennessee, LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Michigan, and Michigan State, Ivey says he does not have any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...eing-texas-qb/

Old 12-23-2013, 06:25 PM   #7
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Article via Scout

Old 02-05-2014, 12:35 AM   #8
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Ivey is such an impressive offensive tackle with great arm length, good base, and great feet. He moves well in short space, he reacts well on the edge, and he shows very good balance. He has wide shoulders, good lower-body, and he will carry 320 pounds easily down the road. He has unusual speed for an offensive tackle and makes a ton of plays downfield blocking for his teammates. This kid is your prototype offensive tackle with his best years ahead of him once he grows into that enormous frame of his. Ivey will be able to name his school next year. I think he’s the top prospect in Florida in 2015.
Link: http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1371274.html

Old 02-09-2014, 12:44 PM   #9
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

A prospect to keep an eye on depending on how UF does this season. If they struggle and Muschamp gets fired this thing could open up and we may have a chance at one of the top prospects in the country.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:57 PM   #10
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Apopka... do we have any kids from down there? Sounds REALLY familiar to me.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:38 PM   #11
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
Apopka... do we have any kids from down there? Sounds REALLY familiar to me.
Youth baseball, perhaps? Great area for that. Been in the LL World Series a # of times.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:54 PM   #12
USCfootball
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 116336
USCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervous

No chance he comes here
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:59 PM   #13
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post
No chance he comes here
You don't know that. A lot can happen from now until NSD.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:03 PM   #14
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
You don't know that. A lot can happen from now until NSD.
I don't know, it's hard to imagine UF's program sinking any lower.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:05 PM   #15
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post
No chance he comes here
If UF does well this year then you are correct we have no chance he is a Gator. If they do poorly enough for Muschamp to be fired then this recruitment will open back up and he likes us. So definitely not no chance but we need some help from a bad UF season.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:11 PM   #16
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I don't know, it's hard to imagine UF's program sinking any lower.
They don't need to sink lower they just need to maintain where they were at or only have marginal improvement and Muschamp will be out the door very quickly.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:12 PM   #17
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
They don't need to sink lower they just need to maintain where they were at or only have marginal improvement and Muschamp will be out the door very quickly.
They would still be Florida. Still be in a better situation than Tennessee was this year.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:23 PM   #18
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
They would still be Florida. Still be in a better situation than Tennessee was this year.
PT was a main reason that Scott chose UT over us. As long as Shell performs as well as we expect we will lose our top 3 OTs so this time we are the ones able to offer immediate PT. If UF has some issues and there are mass firings on the staff then we have a lot to sell Ivey on.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:49 PM   #19
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPat View Post
Youth baseball, perhaps? Great area for that. Been in the LL World Series a # of times.
No... football. It may have been a recruit that we missed out on? I just swear I remember us recruiting a kid or maybe even landing one from Apopka in football in the past. I thought it may have been Tyriq McCord or one of the other FL kids we missed out on over the past few years, but it may go back further. I dunno. Maybe I am crazy
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:15 PM   #20
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
PT was a main reason that Scott chose UT over us. As long as Shell performs as well as we expect we will lose our top 3 OTs so this time we are the ones able to offer immediate PT. If UF has some issues and there are mass firings on the staff then we have a lot to sell Ivey on.
I wasn't talking about Scott, I am talking about them having a top 5 recruiting class, if Tennessee are Florida are supposed to suck, recruits are definitely NOT getting that message.