CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
gamecockgal
b381l
Order 66
garnet_black215
DTGCOCKS#32
Pw00132
Ahmad
wumarshall82
CockyGuy
Thoughts on Shawn El (1611)
10-2 (1560)
UK promoting a black (1375)
Time for a new coach (954)
Four UK Players Susp (861)
Coach Gaines: " (842)
Connor Shaw's fault. (584)
I Was Dealing With T (545)
Since everyone loves (457)
Build a New Stadium (455)
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
400 pasing yards
Connor Mitch
I Was Dealing With The Lo
QB Recruiting Strategy
Any prospects w/whom our
Four UK Players Suspended
Build a New Stadium
This program has no ideni
How much $$ would you lit

Old 01-01-2013, 09:41 PM   #1
dieselcock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
dieselcock has feathers coming indieselcock has feathers coming indieselcock has feathers coming in
Default running game....

We will be loaded with young talent at RB and OL but we need some serious work on the run game...
Old 01-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: running game....

Waldrop and a new RG will be a good start. Shell and Robinson getting another offseason will be helpful too. Elliott also gets some fresh faces that'll give him more options.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:57 PM   #3
Coop2Cocky
Walk On

Male

Coop2Cocky has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Waldrop and a new RG will be a good start. Shell and Robinson getting another offseason will be helpful too. Elliott also gets some fresh faces that'll give him more options.
Agreed. I saw Ronald Patrick getting beat quite a few times. This is not anything new...Can Shell or C-Rob move inside when Matuilus returns? I love having the two big athletic guys on the outside. But something has got to give. Also, did we run out of the "I" at all today? I don't remember seeing Davis or Carson get a handoff out of a traditional set all day...I love both of those backs. But I think B. Wilds will be the clear starter next year. I think some of you guys have forgotten just how good he was/is!
Old 01-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #4
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

We have depth but I don't think we're loaded. I also don't expect miracles along the OL but I am hoping for some improvement there.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #5
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

You had to know we wouldn't get much on the ground against Michigan. Every team in that conference is built to run and stop the run.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:54 PM   #6
CockyBullDog
Recruit

Male

CockyBullDog has feathers coming inCockyBullDog has feathers coming inCockyBullDog has feathers coming in

Seems like Robinson struggles with technique sometimes. Hopefully as another year in the program will help. We have do get consistent push out of our guards next year. I'm hoping to see some new faces in there next year
CockyBullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #7
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

its impossible to really gauge the running game based on today. backs only carried it 5 times. now the oline wasnt getting any push and michigan for some reason was keying completely on miles on the zone read and letting connor have an open field, but i think its too small of a sample size to make much of a judgement.

on the failed option connor should have pressed that defender more and the back (was it carson?) probably would have had a lot of room to make a play.
crowcutta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #8
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

im not saying the S&C coaches arent doing there job. I have however noticed we get so damn tired on the oline
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:59 PM   #9
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

We better get to work. Michigan shut down our run game today like it was nothing.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #10
Blackland
Blue Chip

Male

Blackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his comb

We need a serious upgrade in OL talent and coaching to get to the next level.
Blackland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:09 PM   #11
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

The O-line's inability to get any push has been an issue all season long starting with the ECU game against 2 backup D-tackles that continuously stuffed'em. I knew right then it was going to be a poor season in the running game. There's some serious improvement needed there, but what gives me hope is that we were pretty inexperienced overall and return a lot of guys who played snaps this year.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:13 PM   #12
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

2013 has been marked the year that the oline is going to turnaround for a while now. Talent influx to the roster and more importantly, experience in games or in the system. Good combination of players for him to work with.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:14 PM   #13
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

There was an option play that Shaw ran with Carson, where Shaw didn't pitch it and ended up getting stuffed for no gain. Carson would have gone a looooong way if Shaw would have pitched it. That's about the only opening we had the whole day. Michigan was daring us to throw with their defense.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:20 PM   #14
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
2013 has been marked the year that the oline is going to turnaround for a while now. Talent influx to the roster and more importantly, experience in games or in the system. Good combination of players for him to work with.
When this man talks, I listen. I feel good about it too.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:21 PM   #15
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I agree w/ C2. If we don't see more consistency from the running game in 2013, we should start questioning if Elliott's the guy.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:20 AM   #16
rubber
4-Star

Male

rubber has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
I agree w/ C2. If we don't see more consistency from the running game in 2013, we should start questioning if Elliott's the guy.
I don't believe the improvement needed can be accomplished in one off season. Is it the coach or the talent?
rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:51 AM   #17
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber View Post
I don't believe the improvement needed can be accomplished in one off season. Is it the coach or the talent?
Well we have been trying to improve the offensive line for 5 years. I think it is about time that improvement shows. It isn't just this one off season they have been working on it.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:17 AM   #18
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
That is not what C2 said, at least not on this thread. The following are his quotes:

However, I do get your point, but C2 was being positive about the outlook.

Last edited by carolinacoast; 01-02-2013 at 06:34 AM.
carolinacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:22 AM   #19
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 19008950
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

I know we're a zone read team but we do occasionally run the I. Would like to see us work to get a pure FB on the roster who can bang open some holes every now and then.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #20
treyno2722
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 918
treyno2722 is sharpening his clawstreyno2722 is sharpening his clawstreyno2722 is sharpening his clawstreyno2722 is sharpening his claws

On a more positive note, the passing game tore up a poor Michigan secondary. I feel good about the QB position for the next two years. The WR's are fast and the TE's can catch the ball.
treyno2722 is offline   Reply With Quote