CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
l^l^lBGCock
taylorssc
NAGamecockFan
johnnyb
doubledribble
Order 66
GarnetSwarm1990
Gamecocks321
ScottK
So Disappointed With (2634)
Rank the QBs under S (1859)
Back like cooked cra (1478)
No Comments on the H (801)
Who start on the d l (714)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (231)
Gameday parking in A (163)
Call of Duty: Advanc (118)
Why I think we beat Aubur
So Disappointed With The
Texas athletic director:
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Tennessee game
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Back like cooked crack

Old 01-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #41
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: UVA To Be Invited to Join Big 10 Early Next Week

I'd be really surprised if UVA left, for numerous reasons.

If they do, you can kiss the ACC goodbye, it would just be a matter of time.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #42
#1TheBeast
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
#1TheBeast has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
This same rumor happened last year, and the university held a press conference to give an unequivocal NO

Do you honestly think some soccer-mom, UVA Lexus-driving, Muffy and Buffy fans are going to want to schlep it to EAST LANSING, for a game?

Yeah right. Their alumni will not have it, period.

This is UVA we're talking about, they think even Wake Forest's fans are a little unclean.

And no UVa fan would ever be caught dead going to State College for a football game. Unless they are de-loused and decontaminated afterwards.
Haha - they play AT Penn State next year.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/acc/...-cavaliers.php

Last edited by #1TheBeast; 01-19-2013 at 11:08 PM. Reason: added link
#1TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:14 PM   #43
NCgamecock1981
Entrenched Starter

Male

CockyCash: 80000
NCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his comb

Quote:
This same rumor happened last year, and the university held a press conference to give an unequivocal NO

Do you honestly think some soccer-mom, UVA Lexus-driving, Muffy and Buffy fans are going to want to schlep it to EAST LANSING, for a game?

This is UVA we're talking about, they think even Wake Forest's fans are a little unclean.

And no UVa fan would ever be caught dead going to State College for a football game. Unless they are de-loused and decontaminated afterwards.
This makes me laugh. Mainly b/c my wife is a haughty UVA grad.
NCgamecock1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:20 PM   #44
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

http://www.eersauthority.com/big-10-...d-acc-schools/

Here's the link. This is all over TBS and GCC. I have no idea who this guy's sources are, but I believe he has been fairly accurate in the past.

Maryland will never have to pay the ACC 50 million....exit fee is unresaonable.

Probably Georgia Tech is # 16 to Big 10 after UVA.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:23 PM   #45
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Also says FSU, Miami and Clemson to Big 12.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:26 PM   #46
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

This is a BIG move for UVA
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:01 AM   #47
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGamecock View Post
The SEC is not going to lose anyone, because anyone in the SEC who is thinking about leaving, is an idiot.
That's not what he's talking about.

He means UGA MUST play those teams yearly.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:17 AM   #48
thewerrz
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
thewerrz has hatched from the shell

What SBS?
Old 01-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #49
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 600
cocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewerrz View Post
Want UVa and UNC in the SEC, if we must expand.
Agree

Of course, its a bit of a jump, isnt it? I mean, er chartered accountancy to lion taming in one go. You dont think it might be better if you worked your way towards lion taming, say via banking or insurance?"
cocknblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #50
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTVOLS View Post
Likewise. This new direction is not collegiate at all. It is purely business now. Might as well start paying players.
We're only 4-5 years away from this happening IMO.....and I'm glad. The only question is how much.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #51
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
We're only 4-5 years away from this happening IMO.....and I'm glad. The only question is how much.
If they do start paying players in the future in say...football only, then football programs need to be completely separated from the universities. Universities do not need to be associated with paid sports.

davidmc467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #52
Steeler7588
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Steeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudly

Quote:

Haha, you act like UVa fans care about traveling to games. I go to UVa for grad school right now and haven't been to any football games since my first year, because of how mediocre the atmosphere is. Soccer moms aren't going to East Lansing, sure, but they're not going to Clemson or Tallahassee either.

I find your last comment the most amusing, considering UVa and PSU are in the middle of a home/home series.

Steelers / Carolina Gamecocks / Penguins / Arsenal / Pitt Panthers / Bulls / Pirates
Steeler7588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #53
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
If they do start paying players in the future in say...football only, then football programs need to be completely separated from the universities. Universities do not need to be associated with paid sports.
Title IX will prevent universities from paying players.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #54
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler7588 View Post
Haha, you act like UVa fans care about traveling to games. I go to UVa for grad school right now and haven't been to any football games since my first year, because of how mediocre the atmosphere is. Soccer moms aren't going to East Lansing, sure, but they're not going to Clemson or Tallahassee either.

I find your last comment the most amusing, considering UVa and PSU are in the middle of a home/home series.
This is correct. Football is just not that important to them. Most of them would rather spend Saturday afternoon in the library, which is why they are one of the best academic schools in the country.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #55
superfly
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTVOLS View Post
I am so sick of this super conference crap.

No regional loyalty. Undermines the spirit of the game. This isn't the NFL.

All hail the almighty dollar.
I understand what you are saying but your OOC games are usually teams that are not natural to your fan base so I don't see the big deal with adding 2 more teams. UNC and Duke would be my first choice. The "money talks" statement has changed to " money doesn't talk, it screams out loud"..
Old 01-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #56
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Title IX will prevent universities from paying players.
Just talking hypothetical here. Besides, I'm sure some lawyer somewhere could possibly find a way for Title IX to be circumvented.

davidmc467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #57
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
You cant do that because football pays for all other sports
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #58
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

If football separates itself from universities you might as well kiss every other sport goodbye except a handful of basketball programs.

Also if some lawyer could get around Title IX to pay football players not every program would be able to afford that.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:41 PM   #59
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Just talking hypothetical here. Besides, I'm sure some lawyer somewhere could possibly find a way for Title IX to be circumvented.
Feminist groups would literally shit a brick if a lawyer found a way to circumvent Title IX, they would probably go as far to get them debarred.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #60
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

If this happens then its awful for USC. We need North Carolina & Virginia to ourselves in the SEC. We can go into those states and sale the SEC to state's with ACC schools in them.

Why any Gamecock would think this is a positive for us is beyond me.
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote