CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
kingoftheroost
b381l
GoldenSpur7
Cockypantherfan
Yearofthegamecock
Pw00132
gamecockgal
Badazcock
spareparts
Gameday Sign Ideas (4270)
Clem5on fans are bes (2647)
Dylan Thompson's pas (2613)
ST coach fired this (2523)
Celebrity Guest Pick (1735)
Let's talk about Mat (1633)
So, um, yeah the NFL (718)
Rank the SEC startin (682)
Defensive personnel (653)
Kendrick salley (555)
ST coach fired this week
Let's talk about Maty Mau
SEC East Race as of 9/21
USC/Missouri 9/27/2014
Another game I'm interest
Sandstorm towels
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
7:30 kickoff for Kentucky
The Green Strip is BACK!
Name a Gamecock

Old 01-20-2013, 02:23 AM   #21
jared
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb
Default Re: clenson opens new indoor faility..

Yeah I didn't understand the Colonial Life Arena comment... Have you ever been? It is top notch. Clemson's Littlejohn is a joke compared to the CLA.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:11 AM   #22
SimpleGamecock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
SimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by jch81 View Post

Here is one of the few pictures I could find of the finished product

Is this the building you can see from the Walker Course range?
SimpleGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #23
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material
Default Re: clemson opens new indoor faility..

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDCHARLESTONIAN View Post
They unfortunately have a brand new indoor practice facility and we do not. That is one step up. Memorial Stadium is a prettier venue than the concrete jungle we call Williams-Brice. That is a step up. That $60MM dollar Colonial-Life Center is a complete joke. Although I'm not sure what Clemson's looks like, but compared to other programs its just not very impressive. Granted our two sports are football and baseball, and our baseball stadium is amazing. Just wish it was closer to Williams-Brice to make the aerial shots of WB more impressive.

A step up on us a lot is a bit of an exaggeration I would say, but they do have nice venues up in that wasteland.

And I'm not sure what stadium I keep passing near WB (I think maybe our track and field, or soccer) but that thing is hideous beyond measure. Just wish they'd tear it down and build something else there.

TATER ALERT!!!!
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #24
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 22758950
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Quote:
They unfortunately have a brand new indoor practice facility and we do not. That is one step up. Memorial Stadium is a prettier venue than the concrete jungle we call Williams-Brice. That is a step up. That $60MM dollar Colonial-Life Center is a complete joke. Although I'm not sure what Clemson's looks like, but compared to other programs its just not very impressive. Granted our two sports are football and baseball, and our baseball stadium is amazing. Just wish it was closer to Williams-Brice to make the aerial shots of WB more impressive.

A step up on us a lot is a bit of an exaggeration I would say, but they do have nice venues up in that wasteland.

And I'm not sure what stadium I keep passing near WB (I think maybe our track and field, or soccer) but that thing is hideous beyond measure. Just wish they'd tear it down and build something else there.
Good thing our players are bigger, stronger and more manly. (Does Clemson have a weight room?)

And our coach is a winner. Clemson's cries and goes full retard after any decent win.

Game over.
Legalman72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #25
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

I did not see when we plan to begin construction on the new indoor facility. I thought that was to happen soon. And I have been to many Clemson tailgates and nothing is even close to our new Farmers market area. We bought a spot there this year and had a ball. Love the bathrooms (its a girl thing). Also, the one thing Clemson does not have is SEC football. It is the best.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #26
scfanz
Game MVP

Male

scfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot material

I pass by the new practice facility at Taterville Tech almost every work day and while it is nice (mostly because its new), it is located right beside their sad little practice field. Trust me, its nothing to get excited about. And while we're talking about Taterville's so called 'death valley', come on guys, have you ever been inside that place. If you're unfortunate enough to have to sit in their upper deck ( and the key word is UPPER) you better bring high powered binoculars. You are almost in another county and its so steep you feel like you're about to fall forward every time you stand up. Williams Brice is not located in the best of spots but watching a game from inside Willy B is way better than inside the so called 'death valley'.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #27
superfly
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material

Quote:

Nice....before it was renovated it was a Clemsux female dorm.....before shot....the women are not dressed so don't peek...
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #28
garnetpreacher
4-Star

Male

garnetpreacher is making other chickens nervousgarnetpreacher is making other chickens nervousgarnetpreacher is making other chickens nervousgarnetpreacher is making other chickens nervousgarnetpreacher is making other chickens nervousgarnetpreacher is making other chickens nervousgarnetpreacher is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly View Post
Nice....before it was renovated it was a Clemsux female dorm.....before shot....the women are not dressed so don't peek...
Lauphed so hard at this i almost coughed up a lung. It hurts to lauph when you are getting over a cold and couph.
garnetpreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #29
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 1048000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75CarolinaFan View Post
You've GOT to be kidding. At least we've put a few coats of paint on our stadium lately. Their concrete looks like they haven't even pressured washed it in decades. Their stadium is also built in a way where the upper deck seats are so far away you can barely see the field. Probably why their stadium isn't all that loud.
Do you have ANY clue what you're talking about? Stadium is basically closed in on one side with the westzone project. Students are on the opposite side, and all of their noise basically travels into that big wall and stays at field level. The place is PLENTY loud. The upper decks were built more vertically than horizontally. I sat halfway up the upper deck for the SC game and I could see everything clear as can be. There really isn't a bad seat there, it's just a very steep and tiring climb up those steps.

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:54 PM   #30
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

CLA is really nice.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:00 PM   #31
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

That guys an idiot. Our facilities are light years ahead of where they were five years ago. An indoor facility is coming in the next year or so. We aren't that far behind.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #32
OLDCHARLESTONIAN
African Tater Game Hunter

Male

OLDCHARLESTONIAN is sharpening his clawsOLDCHARLESTONIAN is sharpening his clawsOLDCHARLESTONIAN is sharpening his clawsOLDCHARLESTONIAN is sharpening his claws

Quote:
And then when ours goes up we'll have the step up. Is that really something to cry about? I don't think so.

You've GOT to be kidding. At least we've put a few coats of paint on our stadium lately. Their concrete looks like they haven't even pressured washed it in decades. Their stadium is also built in a way where the upper deck seats are so far away you can barely see the field. Probably why their stadium isn't all that loud.

You have now shown you have no idea what you're talking about. The prior comments were pretty ignorant, this is just flat out laughable.

Why?

They're a step below us in many regards. It's only going to get worse. That's just a fact.

We're in the process of building a brand new olympic sports complex. So even though you admit you have no idea what stadium you are talking about, you are still complaining about nothing.
So we have the best, finest sports arenas money can buy. Gotcha. Shame on me for wanting us to continue in the collegiate athletics arm race.

And then when ours goes up...Did they just start building? Great, I'll head over there and take a look.

I MUST be kidding. I wasn't thinking about the coats of paint we put on. Good grief, that new paint makes our stadium the best in college ball.

In the process of building a brand new olympic sports complex? Really...You mean they are thinking about thinking about doing it? I think they're also "in the process" of building an NFL arena and a NBA arena in Columbia. Can't wait.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #33
Garnet 4 Life 81
Banned

Male

Garnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his claws

when they start building ours
Garnet 4 Life 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #34
Schecter
Banned

Male

Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

Quote:

Nice lookin place.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #35
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorchief View Post
Do you have ANY clue what you're talking about? Stadium is basically closed in on one side with the westzone project. Students are on the opposite side, and all of their noise basically travels into that big wall and stays at field level. The place is PLENTY loud. The upper decks were built more vertically than horizontally. I sat halfway up the upper deck for the SC game and I could see everything clear as can be. There really isn't a bad seat there, it's just a very steep and tiring climb up those steps.
So the student section noise travels over 120 yards away and is fully conserved and bounced back into the stadium? The West Endzone barely reaches the height of the bottom of the upper deck.

I'm not saying Clemson's stadium isn't loud, it just doesn't stand out to me in comparison to the other stadiums I've been to. I've been to Clemson several times but have also been to games at Florida, LSU, Georgia, Tennessee, Auburn, Alabama, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, and Mississippi State. Clemson would not make the top half of that list in terms of being loud.

That's just my experience. I'm sure comparing it to Wake Forest, Duke, Maryland, Virginia, Boston College, NC State, North Carolina, Miami, Georgia Tech etc would give me a different perspective.

75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:16 PM   #36
75CarolinaFan

Male

75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
So we have the best, finest sports arenas money can buy. Gotcha.
No, I said we are better than Clemson in many regards and will continue to distance ourselves in the immediate future. I could see a Clemson fan thinking that means we have the best money can buy but I don't understand why YOU would say that. Being better than Clemson does not mean we are better than LSU, Florida, Bama etc.
Quote:
Shame on me for wanting us to continue in the collegiate athletics arm race.
No, shame on you for not realizing we are doing just that.
Quote:
And then when ours goes up...Did they just start building? Great, I'll head over there and take a look.
No, it will be built in the near future. Click around on the link below and educate yourself before you start mouthing off.

http://www.gamecocksinsider.com/Faci...asterPlan.aspx
Quote:
I MUST be kidding. I wasn't thinking about the coats of paint we put on. Good grief, that new paint makes our stadium the best in college ball.
Again, WRONG. You said Clemson's stadium is prettier and I pointed out how dirty it looks compared to our stadium.
Quote:
In the process of building a brand new olympic sports complex? Really...You mean they are thinking about thinking about doing it? I think they're also "in the process" of building an NFL arena and a NBA arena in Columbia. Can't wait.
You really have no idea about The Master Plan for Carolina facilities, do you? Again, check out the link above and learn something.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #37
Skeeter3
Bowl MVP

Male

Skeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPit

Quote:
So the student section noise travels over 120 yards away and is fully conserved and bounced back into the stadium? The West Endzone barely reaches the height of the bottom of the upper deck.

I'm not saying Clemson's stadium isn't loud, it just doesn't stand out to me in comparison to the other stadiums I've been to. I've been to Clemson several times but have also been to games at Florida, LSU, Georgia, Tennessee, Auburn, Alabama, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, and Mississippi State. Clemson would not make the top half of that list in terms of being loud.

That's just my experience. I'm sure comparing it to Wake Forest, Duke, Maryland, Virginia, Boston College, NC State, North Carolina, Miami, Georgia Tech etc would give me a different perspective.
Wow. No bias at all in this post.
Skeeter3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:41 PM   #38
75CarolinaFan

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter3 View Post
Wow. No bias at all in this post.
Just my experience, Skeet. Care to offer yours?

Old 01-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #39
Skeeter3
Bowl MVP

Male

Skeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Just my experience, Skeet. Care to offer yours?
Of course you're not gonna say your rivals stadium is one of the loudest stadiums, even if you thought so.

A lot of unbiased people, meaning non-Clemson and non-Carolina fans, have said it is one of the loudest in the country.
Skeeter3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #40
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorchief View Post
Let me chime in, first your lighting is terrible, so if you are in the upper deck during a night game it is very hard to see, your upper deck is very vertical, but so far away from the field the noise doesn't stay in very well. I sat over by the west end zone, near the band and I struggled to hear your pa guy and your band. You PA system is terrible...just bad, your band sucks too. As for your student section, well idk from the west side I wasn't impressed. It definitely is not as loud as USC and you had times in that Carolina game to prove you are.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is online now   Reply With Quote