CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
WeStill0wnUSC
The Yancey
COCKYTALKIN
Spurticus
donbgamecock
CoverTwo
Rooster'srule
Spur's Addiction
b381l
2000grad
Welcome to Moe's (821)
Jay Paterno Attempts (730)
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (442)
Hercules - review (349)
help with army insig (326)
I'm a grand godfathe (190)
NCAA Football 15 (165)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (126)
Gamecock Coaches as (126)
George Miller revisi (112)
2015 - Johnny Frasier
2015 Commitment - Damon A
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
Gamecock Coaches as Recru
Texags
Ced Cooper's 40 Time
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs TxA&
Not a Rival..
Good Article for those co
2015 - Zack Bailey

Old 01-20-2013, 05:32 PM   #41
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material
Default Re: clemson opens new indoor faility..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter3 View Post
Of course you're not gonna say your rivals stadium is one of the loudest stadiums, even if you thought so.

A lot of unbiased people, meaning non-Clemson and non-Carolina fans, have said it is one of the loudest in the country.
Still waiting for that proof that Lawrence Taylor was skeered when you guys ran down the hill.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #42
Skeeter3
Bowl MVP

Male

Skeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
Let me chime in, first your lighting is terrible, so if you are in the upper deck during a night game it is very hard to see, your upper deck is very vertical, but so far away from the field the noise doesn't stay in very well. I sat over by the west end zone, near the band and I struggled to hear your pa guy and your band. You PA system is terrible...just bad, your band sucks too. As for your student section, well idk from the west side I wasn't impressed. It definitely is not as loud as USC and you had times in that Carolina game to prove you are.
One more time.

Quote:
Of course you're not gonna say your rivals stadium is one of the loudest stadiums, even if you thought so.

A lot of unbiased people, meaning non-Clemson and non-Carolina fans, have said it is one of the loudest in the country.
Skeeter3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #43
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Quote:
One more time.
Who are these unbiased fans? You means fans of teams like duke, unc, wake, UVA,etc.? Of course they think your stadium is loud. They haven't played in a full stadium in years!.
The bottom line is that your stadium can be very loud for quick bursts...other teams/stadiums have very loud sustained noise. Huge difference IMO
Old 01-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #44
reddot8481
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200
reddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot material
Default Re: clenson opens new indoor faility..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCtiger91 View Post
They put a big video screen inside too. A lot nicer than I originally thought it would be.
A video screen for practice???
Carolina eu preciso te falar
Ô Carolina eu vou amar você
reddot8481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:53 PM   #45
reddot8481
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200
reddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
Reminds me, when will ours be done?
We've had an indoor facility for decades.
Carolina eu preciso te falar
Ô Carolina eu vou amar você
reddot8481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #46
Skeeter3
Bowl MVP

Male

Skeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
Who are these unbiased fans? You means fans of teams like duke, unc, wake, UVA,etc.? Of course they think your stadium is loud. They haven't played in a full stadium in years!.
The bottom line is that your stadium can be very loud for quick bursts...other teams/stadiums have very loud sustained noise. Huge difference IMO
Clemson ranked 6th toughest place to play in this one:

http://www.americasbestonline.com/in...llstadium.html

This guys says we are 3rd loudest behind LSU and Tennessee:

http://www.southernpigskin.com/SEC/v...udest_stadiums

I don't know where this came from but it's there nonetheless:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_t...stadiums#page1

Bleacherreport has us at 8th loudest in the country:

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...llege-football
Skeeter3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #47
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 4900
nin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Ours is much more better.
seriously man?
Old 01-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #48
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

I'm not arguing some people think it is loud. Like the article says, it depends greatly on what game you attend. Seeing how clemson maybe plays one night game a year or one quality opponent at home a year I cannot consider it one of the loudest stadiums in the country. If you guys were to schedule more night games, fill your stadium, and have some of the acc team step up their game I'm sure your stadium could be a lot louder. I've been to many games in Clemson and other than gtech for gameday and fsu a few years ago it never has sustained volume. Even this year vs USC it wasn't even close to the noise we saw in lsu or Florida. I've been to most of the sec stadiums(not the new members) and Clemson would be behind Bama, auburn, Uga, Florida, lsu, miss st, Arkansas(the small one), tennessee(not currently). If I visited Kyle field from what I've heard they would be near the top of my list and ahead of Clemson too. Clemson is a top 15 stadium in terms of noise IMO which is great but considering we play in most of the stadiums in the top 10 yearly it isn't that big of a deal to me.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #49
CCtiger91
One of a Kind

Male

CockyCash: 107880
CCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddot8481 View Post
A video screen for practice???
Yeah I'm not real sure what the purpose is, but hey its a little spice I suppose.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #50
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorchief View Post
Do you have ANY clue what you're talking about? Stadium is basically closed in on one side with the westzone project. Students are on the opposite side, and all of their noise basically travels into that big wall and stays at field level. The place is PLENTY loud. The upper decks were built more vertically than horizontally. I sat halfway up the upper deck for the SC game and I could see everything clear as can be. There really isn't a bad seat there, it's just a very steep and tiring climb up those steps.
if you like sitting in the dark....then yea the upper stands are 'nice'

and all that west endzone does is keep the visiting bands sound in the stadium to drown out your band.....smart!
Old 01-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #51
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCtiger91 View Post
Yeah I'm not real sure what the purpose is, but hey its a little spice I suppose.
I guess they can watch some film at practice
Old 01-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #52
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
For a school that is supposedly not making as much money as usc they sure have nice toys and seem to be a step up on us alot. just sayin...
Like an awesome new baseball facility or a great basketball facility. The Taters have their own billion dollar building plan going too.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:14 PM   #53
gamecockboy89
4-Star

Male

gamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jch81 View Post

Here is one of the few pictures I could find of the finished product

Where is the baptismal tank?
gamecockboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:39 AM   #54
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
One more time.
No what I posted,was fact. They were facts about your stadium. No Clemson fan can say the lighting is good,or the PA system, or the upper deck. I think UGA's place is very loud and hostile and they are definitely rivals. The atmosphere there was more hostile than Clemson.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:59 AM   #55
Gamecockboyo
Jadeveon Clowney Fan

Male

CockyCash: 131113
Gamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockboyo

Gonna moves the cows inside now??
Old 01-21-2013, 05:15 AM   #56
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocockswyn View Post
I did not see when we plan to begin construction on the new indoor facility. I thought that was to happen soon. And I have been to many Clemson tailgates and nothing is even close to our new Farmers market area. We bought a spot there this year and had a ball. Love the bathrooms (its a girl thing). Also, the one thing Clemson does not have is SEC football. It is the best.
Here was the preliminary schedule they posted back in September 2011....it was posted along with the sketches of the facility already posted above:

Quote:
The first step of the approval process for an indoor football practice facility at the Farmer's Market is complete, as the Building and Grounds Committee of the University's Board of Trustees gave Phase I approval to the project last week. The next step in the approval process is for the project to go before the full University of South Carolina Board of Trustees in early October. If it is approved by the board, in early November the project will then go before three individual state boards: the Commission on Higher Education, the Joint Bond Review Committee, and the Budget and Control Board for final Phase I approval. Phase I approval is initial approval for the project to be researched further (e.g. hiring an architect to develop plans). After Phase I, should approval be granted, the university would move forward with selecting an architect, who will develop a plan and verify the initial estimate before the project is ready to go back through the same sequence for Phase 2 of the approval process.

The new video board for Williams-Brice Stadium is also currently in the approval process. It was approved by the Budget and Control Board on September 20th, and will go back to the Building and Grounds Committee of the Board of Trustees on October 7th.

Early planning indicates that the proposed indoor practice facility would be 86,000 square feet and located in the southwest corner of the Farmers Market lot. The facility would feature a full-size football field made of field turf with approximately 20 feet of additional turf all the way around for safety purposes.
Clemson's new facility was 80,000 sq. ft., or 6,000 sq. ft. smaller than USC's proposed new facility. The cost of CU's facility was just under $10 million, while USC's facility is proposed to be from $12 to $14 million when constructed.

The part I have in garnet was reached back about a year ago....the following was posted around Jan. '12:

Quote:
Project Name: INDOOR FOOTBALL PRACTICE FACILITY
Project Number: H27-6090-MJ
Project Location: USC, Columbia
Applicable SCBO Notes: 1, 4, & 5
Location at Which Public Notice of
Meetings Will Be Posted: 743 Greene St., Columbia, SC 29208
Description of Project: The University of South Carolina is seeking archi-tectural & engineering services for Phase I design & estimating services for construction of a new indoor football practice facility. This project will involve construc-tion of a new facility on the west end of the old Farmer’s Market site (1001 Bluff Rd.) to include a full-size turf football practice field with end zones & appropriate sideline runoff areas. The facility also will include support facilities, such as restrooms, storage & training room, & is to include film towers for use in video re-cording during practices. The A/E team may have the op-portunity to proceed to the Phase II portion of the project. The A/E will be subject to a performance appraisal as defined in the Man-ual for Planning & Execution of State Permanent Improvements, Part II. Any questions concerning the terms & conditions of the pro-posed contract must be ad-dressed to the Agency Coordina-tor listed later in this ad.
Anticipated Construction Cost Range: $12,000,000 - $14,000,000
Description of Professional Services
Anticipated for Project: Architectural, civil, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, structural & indoor design specialist
Information to Be Submitted In
Addition to Standard Federal
Form 330: The lead design firm should document clearly the entity pro-viding the specialty sports design for the facility. Three examples of previously designed & con-structed NCAA or NFL football in-door practice facilities should be provided
Note: Interested parties should submit the name & contact information, in-cluding E-mail address, of a pri-mary contact as part of their submittal. All written communica-tion with a party submitting infor-mation will be done via E-mail.
Resume Deadline: 2/23/12 – 2:00pm
Number of Copies: 6
Agency/Owner: University of South Caro-lina
Name & Title of Agency Coordinator: Lind Jackson, Contract Adminis-trator
Agency Address: 743 Greene St., Colum-bia, SC 29208
Agency Phone: (803) 777-3489
Agency Fax: (803) 777-8739
Agency Coordinator E-mail: ljackson@fmc.sc.ed – Agency will not accept submittals via E-mail
I don't know what the current progress is on the facility...
Old 01-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #57
superfly
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material

Quote:
One more time.
You are right on Skeeter....It was so loud our last game there. Remember when you guys punted on fourth down with three minutes left. The booing was deafening. Lol....you suck.

Love the new recruiting facility you guys are building. That will help....
Attached Images

Last edited by superfly; 01-21-2013 at 01:45 PM.
superfly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #58
etowngangsta
Challenge accepted.

Male

CockyCash: 1065800
etowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot material

Are the indoor practice facilities ceilings high enough to punt in? Just curious, I can't tell from the picture of the one from Clemson because of the angle.
etowngangsta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #59
Cocknfire55
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 244
Cocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot material

Not that it's entirely related, but wasn't herbstreit scared Williams Brice was going to collapse because it was so loud during the Georgia game this year.
Cocknfire55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #60
KC85
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
KC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudly

Quote:
One more time.
Williams brice is louder than your thing.
KC85 is offline   Reply With Quote