CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
Gamecocks1137
B-G
robgusc76
SMOTFS86
The Yancey
kingoftheroost
CockFighter
Big Spur
Sandstorm29
aTm demolishes Kyle (978)
Connor to be backup? (886)
Cocky at the Duck Co (883)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (310)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (209)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (158)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (146)
How would a man writ (128)
Miami Beach Bowl Thr (119)
Gotta get Agent 0 go (104)
Cocky at the Duck Command
QB Next Season?
My early Monday dinner .
The Vent and Coaching cha
Greatest Gamecock Players
Carolina ranked #21 prese
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
Greatest Gamecock Players
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
So, why is next year goin

Old 03-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material
Default Spring Practice 1 Key Points

I went to practice today. Since Spurt couldn't make it, I decided to just give some brief points of interest.

1. Thus far, the rumors about Shamier stepping up seem to be on point. He looked solid, making several nice catches and running after the catch. Jumping to my mind are one catch on a corner route where he did a good job staying in bounds and cutting up field for YAC. He also made another really good catch close to the sideline where the ball was thrown a bit poorly- he made a very nice body adjustment and made a leaping catch. I believe that was the catch of the day.

2. Nick Jones and Vic Hampton appear to be the finalists to replace Ace Sanders at PR.

3. Kelvin Rainey looks to be transitioning to linebacker well thus far. He had two INTS which he ran back... it seems that they run back most INTs in spring practice though.

4. Kane Whitehurst was in a yellow "no contact" jersey. He was the only one wearing one that I noticed.

5. Drew Owens is still humongous. He made some nice catches. I look forward to him getting involved in the offense this season. Adams is slightly smaller, but made several catches. Buster had a few as well.

6. Shaq Roland did not practice. Per 107.5, it was an academic issue. Damiere Byrd, Shon Carson, Bruce, and Shaw also did not practice. I noticed Byrd and Shaw hanging around the practice in sweats.

7. Kwinton Smith did not do much. I'm not sure if he had a catch. I heard that he had gained weight, but he still looks pretty skinny.

8. Speaking of skinny- Darius English. Yeah.

9. Jody Fuller received several targets, but was not super impressive. Barely missed on a couple of catches. I hope this guy can get involved- he is shorter, but well-built.

10. No QB looked super impressive, but that's not very surprising. There were probably 5 or more picks thrown in total and they were spread among several players. It seemed like Dylan Thompson's reps were more limited than the other QB's. It seemed like Orth and Noso received the most reps. Connor Mitch made a few decent throws.

11. I don't recall KJ Brent recording a catch. I didn't feel like he got many reps.

12. Inconsistent punting.

13. Basically all of the defensive guys got some good reps from what I could tell. None of them stuck out to me particularly outside of Rainey and Hampton flying around as usual. A lot of rotating out. Same on both sides of the ball as is typical with spring practice.

14. Wilds seemed to get all of the carries. I don't recall seeing Davis out there.

15. Philip Dukes and Kelcey Quarles both had INT's.

First spring practice so you definitely can't take a whole lot from it, but this is what I felt were the key points.

EDIT: I believe that Ahmad Christian was also absent as he is playing baseball and Brison Williams had an INT... felt like I needed to give a little more info on the secondary haha... I'm more an offensive-minded guy.

Last edited by Cock Kool-Aid; 03-05-2013 at 10:23 PM.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #2
Tolley
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870200
Tolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPit
Default Re: Spring Practice 1 Key Points

Thanks!
Tolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #3
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

YAY I'm so excited for just practices to start lol
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
snoopy
Blue Chip

snoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurs

Thanks for the report.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #5
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1097400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Thanks for attending and writting it up. I love Spurt's reports as much as the next guy, but I would love to have your thoughts to read along side them. thanks again.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #6
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 200537793047022130
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Excellent report! Thanks CKA!
BeatBamaTwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #7
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
Thanks for attending and writting it up. I love Spurt's reports as much as the next guy, but I would love to have your thoughts to read along side them. thanks again.
You're just trying to make me feel special... lol

I don't have the attention to detail of Spurticus... he must bring a pad and pen and write down the plays because I don't know how else he can remember all of that stuff.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #8
salvacock
Walk On

Male

salvacock has hatched from the shell

Thanks for the Report!
salvacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #9
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Byrd sat out because he had lasik surgery

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #10
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Phillip.dukes also.had an interception

Old 03-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #11
Kuhn
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
Kuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudly

Spurrier said Shamier is gonna be a player this year. We sure need him to step up big time.
Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #12
Garnet Spur
Recruit

Male

Garnet Spur is making other chickens nervousGarnet Spur is making other chickens nervousGarnet Spur is making other chickens nervousGarnet Spur is making other chickens nervousGarnet Spur is making other chickens nervousGarnet Spur is making other chickens nervousGarnet Spur is making other chickens nervousGarnet Spur is making other chickens nervous

THanks Bro
Old 03-05-2013, 10:22 PM   #13
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Phillip.dukes also.had an interception
Ahh that is right! Quarles had one as well, I believe. That's two linemen! I'll edit the OP.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:25 PM   #14
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Ahh that is right! Quarles had one as well, I believe. That's two linemen! I'll edit the OP.
No need to. I appreciate you giving us some info on the practice. I hope to get out to one in the near future

Old 03-05-2013, 10:41 PM   #15
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
bigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Byrd sat out because he had lasik surgery
Is anybody thinking what I'm thinking??? Now that he can see the ball... Look out!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:45 PM   #16
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2178
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Thanks for the report. I like your style.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:05 PM   #17
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

No surprise with Rainey, many teams were recruiting him as LB. He may have wanted to switch.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #18
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

Glad to hear this about Byrd. I remember wondering on the board a while ago if Byrd's issues were eye related. He wears glasses, and some vision issues aren't corrected with contacts.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:07 PM   #19
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1097400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
You're just trying to make me feel special... lol

I don't have the attention to detail of Spurticus... he must bring a pad and pen and write down the plays because I don't know how else he can remember all of that stuff.
my view from seattle is a bit obscured, so your attention to detail is just fine. and after all no two people are going to have same perspective, so I'll take as many as I can get.

Seriously though, as an out of town fan, I really appreciate the effort people put in to write these reports. I can't get enough of them.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #20
jfbreb94
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

Thanks from the upstate. Keep up the good work.
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote