CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Garnetnblack99
kingoftheroost
CockyLifer
b381l
ZenUSC
Regalcock
Cockhornleghorn
peterlemon
ktguen
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (2514)
Morris to SMU (1858)
BIG PROBLEM! JUST RE (1237)
Carolina on a Walmar (688)
Game simulation (537)
Penniless: Creed's S (334)
Strategy First Steam (251)
Chad Morris new HC a (152)
Clemson fans (152)
Origin Sale Too (140)
2017 - Savales Cann
Have we been favored in e
Morris to SMU
2015 Commitment - Arden K
Kerbal Space Program Game
Clemson fans
Carolina on a Walmart com
BIG PROBLEM! JUST REALIZE
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Constant Updates on Watso

Old 03-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #1
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material
Default Sim City 5

i just downloaded this, still not able to play. GRRRRR. EA really screwed up making this game where you have to be online to play.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #2
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit
Default Re: Sim City 5

I've heard a lot of complaints about this one so far. What is the deal? Are the EA servers down or something? The last SimCity I played was SimCity 2000. I wouldn't mind getting back into the series though.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #3
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

It's more like SimCity-Social. I've read reviews that if you don't play with friends, it's hard to do anything. Apparently your city can't handle every aspect it needs by itself, and you have to work with neighboring cities to be fully functional. You could do it yourself without playing with friends, but that's 3 or 4 full sized cities you'd have to be managing at once to play properly.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

I don't get EA's sudden hard on for social play.

They have a nice Sims game for android, but you have to play with other people for you to be able to leave your own dadblasted yard
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #5
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

This is pretty disappointing to read. I was looking forward to picking this game up, but doubt I would have many friends playing. Let me know what you think of it when you finally get to play.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #6
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

it is fun, there's not a whole lot of interaction between the people you play with rather than chatting and the occasional trade if you are short on resources. I just jump in games with random people and build my city as if I were playing alone. There is a cool feature they have added, a common goal you work with other cities to build, such as a space station. You and other cities all supply resources to whichever program you are trying to build. Theres a few different programs, space is the only one i've seen so far. Not just any city can participate in this though. You have to have the resources. For example with the space program, you have to have a very good education system with high tech people in order to participate.

The maps are very small, after playing cities XL (which is huge) i made the mistake of over doing some of my areas. When you need more workers, you dont have to lay out more zones for them to build houses..you have to make the area denser by upgrading the roads so the city can grow UP. When i say up, i mean..houses become sky scraper apartment buildings. Same with industries and commercial. factories become corperations, mom and pop stores become malls.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #7
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Odd they would put such a social aspect on what is typically a solitary game.

No problem with a multiplayer feature, but if it is true that you really need others to be successful... lame
Old 03-08-2013, 12:26 AM   #8
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

Another thing that sucks about this is that when this game gets old over the years, and EA shuts down its servers, you will never be able to play it again.
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:39 AM   #9
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Is this one of those games that continue to play even when you're offline, such as sleeping or working?
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:54 AM   #10
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Is this one of those games that continue to play even when you're offline, such as sleeping or working?
Nah, the region you are in will continue to be played by other players while you are offline. Your city will be paused until you login again and you can pickup where you left off.

Old 03-09-2013, 03:58 AM   #11
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

EA to give away a free game to those who bought SimCity at release. They will be giving a code to download one of their digital games on march 18th as an apology for simcity not be playable at the moment.

Probably some shit game that people would never play to begin with but it is still a pretty cool gesture.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:21 AM   #12
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

CockyCash: 305013227
riceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to riceatusc Send a message via MSN to riceatusc

I just purchased this game. Hopefully the servers are fixed and they eventually release a way to play offline.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:33 AM   #13
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 110363
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCremedy View Post
EA to give away a free game to those who bought SimCity at release. They will be giving a code to download one of their digital games on march 18th as an apology for simcity not be playable at the moment.

Probably some shit game that people would never play to begin with but it is still a pretty cool gesture.
I don't know, when the PSN went down FOREVER a couple years ago, Sony's "apology package" was pretty great, since I didn't play online that much it was actually a pretty big win for me
Old 03-17-2013, 06:42 AM   #14
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

riceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot material

anyone what to work on a region together?
my orgin name is - riceatusc80

Last edited by riceatusc; 03-17-2013 at 08:56 AM.
riceatusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:34 AM   #15
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

For people who buy and register the game before March 25th. EA is giving away one free digital download game. Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 3, Dead Space 3, Need For Speed : Most Wanted, Sim City 4, Bejeweled and Plants vs Zombies are the choices I believe. Not a bad "sorry we screwed up the launch" package.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:54 AM   #16
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

CEO stepped down too. But that was more about missing the numbers multiple times reportedly.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #17
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

yessir bf3 will be my game of choice..or maybe medal of honor warfighter

Last edited by riceatusc; 03-19-2013 at 09:08 AM.
riceatusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #18
eat_sleep_breathe_USC
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
eat_sleep_breathe_USC has earned his spurseat_sleep_breathe_USC has earned his spurseat_sleep_breathe_USC has earned his spurseat_sleep_breathe_USC has earned his spurseat_sleep_breathe_USC has earned his spurseat_sleep_breathe_USC has earned his spurs
Send a message via AIM to eat_sleep_breathe_USC

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceatusc View Post
yessir bf3 will be my game of choice..or maybe medal of honor warfighter
If you have a rig for it and don't own bf3, get it over moh...much better. I didn't even bother with it because of all the bad reviews. If you have bf3 on a console already then I guess moh has to be worth free. I'm personally grabbing dead space 3 and selling my ps3 copy to save up for Bioshock Infinity
Old 03-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #19
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

Yeah I'm going with Dead Space, I kind of want Bf3 for PC but I've already got it on XBox with most of the DLC. 32vs32 does sound epic though.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:44 PM   #20
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

EA ****ing games up? Shocker.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote