CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
IBleedGarnetandBlack
The Yancey
peterlemon
18IsTheMan
bcolinc
zcoop
Spurticus
Kyle76
b381l
The Demise of the 3- (2399)
East Carolina Predic (1621)
Why didn't Wes Green (1325)
A&M on 3rd down (691)
You guys are horribl (628)
Finally Cooled Off (580)
louisville (518)
Did we ever go after (517)
It's the offenses no (438)
Watching the Georgia (254)
Uniform thread
2015 - Amonte Caban
All of our defensive play
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
A&M on 3rd down
The Demise of the 3-4
Finally Cooled Off
Recruiting Question
louisville
Watching the Georgia game

Old 03-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material
Default Jadeveon Clowney Prediction Thread

I just wanna see what some of yall feel like he will accomplish. That being Awards, Stats, Records, whatever you would like to post. However, please dont trash the thread with Unattainable stats like 100 sacks or anything. honestly post what you think he can do. I just read an article about Deke and Ward talked about how Clowney can make a play every play if he wanted to. So ill start with a few.

20+ sacks
40+ TFL
65+tackles
1st team all SEC
1st Team All american
Lombardi
Bednarik
Old 03-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194810
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Jadeveon Clowney Prediction Thread

I've read that JFF is highly favored to win the Heisman again. I really wish JD could have a crack at him this year. Clowney is certainly getting the media hype and having your name recognized is a part of the game. If ever a defensive player could win it, it is is him. It would be nice to end our season with him rocking Tahj the same way he did the dearly departed Michigan player and win that trophy.
GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #3
JT21
#Team Good QB Play

Male

CockyCash: 500
JT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudly

I think his numbers will be about what they were this past season.

12-15 sacks. 25-30 TFL

ProFootballFocus.com
JT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #4
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

40+ TFL?... no way thats going to happen. He's got 35 in two seasons. His biggest weakness is run stopping and wrapping up. He's had numerous mistackles in the backfield.

I think he'll win the defensive awards.

I'll say he'll get 18 sacks, and that is really a stretch
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
BornCocky'86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #5
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

CockyCash: 9980800
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material

11 Sacks 24TFL 3 FF 2FR 1 INT 1 TD
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #6
CockinAthens
Behind enemy lines

Male

CockyCash: 382300
CockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot material

I think his numbers will start a little slow due to double teams unless a DT steps up early and proves he can eat blocks consistently.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #7
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

248 souls captured
4,597 mortals eaten
1 more pair of tajh's poo-poo stained undies
1 earth dominated
13 USC victories
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #8
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

He's gonna see every double and triple team that teams can throw at him.

He'll still put up beast numbers, but people need to chill. Often over-hyping people tends to overshadow their actual accomplishments.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #9
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

5 rushes for 100 yds on offense

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #10
hubbarjm
Count of Monte Fisto

Male

CockyCash: 200
hubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
He's gonna see every double and triple team that teams can throw at him.

He'll still put up beast numbers, but people need to chill. Often over-hyping people tends to overshadow their actual accomplishments.
Agreed, he will see a double team at a minimum every game, unless the OFF play has a designed guard pulling like "the hit" where he was unblocked. I doubt many coaches will be design plays such as that against us this year.

He will probably have a similar season to this year which would probably be enough to get him at least second place in the Heisman vote maybe even first.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #11
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

If you have never seen these, you need to

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #12
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Holy cow. He is impressive beyond belief.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #13
tpep
Two Deep

Male

tpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet girl View Post
Holy cow. He is impressive beyond belief.
JC completely dominated the under armor game in texas during his senior year. he played like a man against boys. check it out if you can find it
tpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #14
Sonofacock
Mothershouldibuilthedwall

Male

Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material

First pick in the 2014 draft
Old 03-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #15
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
If you have never seen these, you need to

I love those.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #16
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpep View Post
JC completely dominated the under armor game in texas during his senior year. he played like a man against boys. check it out if you can find it
According to ESPN, he is a man among boys even in the SEC. They've also joked that the draft rule should be changed for him to get him out of college before he kills someone. Errr... someone else I mean...
Old 03-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #17
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

First player to have a penalty named for him - "unnessesary Clowneyness."
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #18
roosterdave
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 553
roosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockinAthens View Post
I think his numbers will start a little slow due to double teams unless a DT steps up early and proves he can eat blocks consistently.
I agree with this. With that said, I think he puts in more effort/drive to be better but with a target on your back like he has, its going to be hard to top what he did last year. I hope he does though.

11 sacks
25 TFL
60 tackles
5+ forced fumbles (just to see if he can reenact The Hit)
1 int
Old 03-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #19
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
please dont trash the thread with Unattainable stats
Alright, let's get this thing started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
20+ sacks
40+ TFL
65+tackles
1st team all SEC
1st Team All american
Lombardi
Bednarik
But, you said...
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #20
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

I think his numbers will probably be similar to 2012, possibly lower. With Devin Taylor gone, defenses are going to focus on Clowney's end every way they can. Chaz and the other DL are going to have to step up on their end and take advantage of this consistently... if they do, then things will open back up for Clowney.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote