CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
18IsTheMan
Spurrier_Superior_On
Clowneygotcha
gadeneer1986
GoldenSpur7
GH
cockyguitar
trapper82
eatlighting
SouthCGC
My Observations Abou (1971)
Kevin Sumlin Thought (1740)
Looking ahead to UGA (1725)
Step back from the l (1250)
Gurley lined up to t (1163)
Who else wants to se (811)
How far do we fall.. (803)
Shon Carson at KR (728)
Shaq Roland (728)
Kelcy and Victor Ham (725)
Who else wants to see Con
My Observations About USC
who is the hot woman in t
UFC 177: TJ Dillishaw vs
David Williams??
Tanner McEvoy to start fo
Dylan in the shotgun?
Predict the Season (After
Kelcy and Victor Hampton
Connor Shaw Browns

Old 03-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Schedule

vs UNC- W
@ UGA - W
vs. Vandy W
@ UCF- W
vs. UK W
@ Ark W
@ UT W
@ Missouri W
vs. Ms. St. W
vs. UF W
vs. Costal W
vs. Clemson W

-Some may say I'm looking through the garnet glasses too much, but I believe we can be 12-0.
-More to come later.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material
Default Re: Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
vs UNC- W
@ UGA - W
vs. Vandy W
@ UCF- W
vs. UK W
@ Ark W
@ UT W
@ Missouri W
vs. Ms. St. W
vs. UF W
vs. Costal W
vs. Clemson W

-Some may say I'm looking through the garnet glasses too much, but I believe we can be 12-0.
-More to come later.
Hard for me to do any kind of prediction, because this program always
seems to have "That / Those" games out there waiting on us every single
year. ... I can say fortunately since Spurrier has been the coach, the
App State, Navy, Western Carolina, Marshall, The Pacific, Furman etc...
kind of losses that used to pop up have not done so. However, this
team has an ugly history of losing winnable games when it comes down
to "Do or Die". Games Like Vanderbilt 2006), Kentucky (2010), Auburn
(2006, 2010) Florida (last year)... The games where the Eastern Conf
Title is right there for the taking, and us facing a good, but beatable
team and we fail do get the job done.

I'll say that at first Glace (because no one knows how good our opponents
are at this point), It looks like UGA will be our toughest game. We have
them early and it would appear that if we can beat them, the rest of
the schedule is winnable. ..... You can never tell about teams like UF,
UT, and Arkansas. They've been beatable the past few years, but have
played us down to the wire (or beaten us in close games). Vandy is
getting stronger and will (if they continue to strengthen) eventually pull
off an upset or two over teams they are the underdogs to. Mississippi
State is another team that is getting stronger, and Mizzou will not
be a cellar dweller in this conference long. They can play with anyone
in this division when they get their act together.

Yeah, we have it there again this season within our grasp. Will this be
the year we play like we want it when "Those Games" come around ?
That will be the key
Old 03-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #3
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Hopefully UGA has some suspensions hahahaha
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #4
NJGCfan
5* Recruit

Male

NJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
vs UNC- W
@ UGA - W
vs. Vandy W
@ UCF- W
vs. UK W
@ Ark W
@ UT W
@ Missouri W
vs. Ms. St. W
vs. UF W
vs. Costal W
vs. Clemson W

-More to come later.
Id say it is too soon for Mizzou, Arky, or UT to trouble us much, and I am happy that those are the 3 teams we play on our long road trip. Playing the tough games like Ms. St., UF, Clemson, Vandy, and UNC at home is invaluable, because those are the kind of games that sneak up on you and you might not be fully prepared for (outside of UF) and the added boost of Willy B should make all of those games wins. UGA will definitely be our toughest game since we have to travel to Athens, but given the talent they are losing on defense I would be surprised if they could even stop us. 12-0 is possible but we have to play hard each game. Who knows? If we go 12-0 and meet Bama in the SECCG, you can bet our pass rush will give that inexperienced o-line fits and give us a good chance at a win
Old 03-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #5
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
Hard for me to do any kind of prediction, because this program always
seems to have "That / Those" games out there waiting on us every single
year. ... I can say fortunately since Spurrier has been the coach, the
App State, Navy, Western Carolina, Marshall, The Pacific, Furman etc...
kind of losses that used to pop up have not done so. However, this
team has an ugly history of losing winnable games when it comes down
to "Do or Die". Games Like Vanderbilt 2006), Kentucky (2010), Auburn
(2006, 2010) Florida (last year)... The games where the Eastern Conf
Title is right there for the taking, and us facing a good, but beatable
team and we fail do get the job done.

I'll say that at first Glace (because no one knows how good our opponents
are at this point), It looks like UGA will be our toughest game. We have
them early and it would appear that if we can beat them, the rest of
the schedule is winnable. ..... You can never tell about teams like UF,
UT, and Arkansas. They've been beatable the past few years, but have
played us down to the wire (or beaten us in close games). Vandy is
getting stronger and will (if they continue to strengthen) eventually pull
off an upset or two over teams they are the underdogs to. Mississippi
State is another team that is getting stronger, and Mizzou will not
be a cellar dweller in this conference long. They can play with anyone
in this division when they get their act together.

Yeah, we have it there again this season within our grasp. Will this be
the year we play like we want it when "Those Games" come around ?
That will be the key
Yeah, I get what you're saying. By no means will we blow out every team. I feel like the SEC is competitive as ever this year, and so I think we will have many close,tight, and down to the wire SEC games. UGA won't be a walk in the park, as usual (well, almost...). Miss. St. isn't a pushover. Neither is Vandy. Florida is ALWAYS tough, home or away. I don't see very many 35-7 SEC games this year... It'd be great, but I've never seen the SEC so deep.

Hopefully, we will end the "Shoulda, coulda, woulda" game streak this year. With the talent we have now, this may be the best year to do it.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:13 PM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

I don't see USC getting through that 3 game road trip undefeated.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:23 PM   #7
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

I feel that that road game stretch will be 14-10 games.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #8
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Every year USC has a game where they start flat or play flat and that game this year, IMO, will be Missouri. It is the 3rd game of the road stretch, it is a long trip, and the game will probably be an 11 o'clock kick.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #9
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

Actually I think the fact that there are three new coaches during that away stretch will make it easier. Those three teams lost a lot to grad and nfl
Old 03-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #10
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 476000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I don't see USC getting through that 3 game road trip undefeated.
Who do you see as the biggest threat?

I know I have on Garnet Glasses, but I keep asking myself. If not this year, when?????????????
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #11
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

At least its not like at LSU, at Alabama, at Florida.

Those 3 teams (Ark, UT, Mizzou) are in somewhat of a rebuilding phase
Old 03-17-2013, 07:14 PM   #12
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Even though UGA lost a lot on defense, it will be VERY tough to go into Sanford Stadium a walk away with another W for the four peat. The Bulldogs recruit well and yes, they might have a few suspensions.
Mizzou at the end of a 3 game stretch will be very tough. Also we can't underestimate UT in Neyland Stadium. Justin Worley will be slinging the ball all over the place, even more than Tyler Bray did.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #13
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

UGA will be tough and UF, even though its at home, will be very tough. I think we split those 2 games and lose another. I predict another 10-2 finish. Hopefully we are the ones getting the breaks to get in to the SECCG this year instead of UGA
Old 03-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #14
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

I like our schedule. I think it's one that adds enough ranked teams that could make us catapult to the top of the BCS if we win out, especially if we start ranked in the Top 10. That's all far off, first things first, we have to beat the tarholes. Then we go from there.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:46 PM   #15
PhoenixGamecock
72ChemE

Male

PhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spurs

I think CoverTwo makes a good point, we could get to the Missou game undefeated, and be very flat, because of three games away from home. Could we go 11-1, and go the SECCG, sure, and could we/should we win? If Spurrier gets this team to that game in Atlanta after the disaster we had against Auburn, he will have the team ready. I am sure of that. Then the question becomes, we will go to the National Championship game, it will be out of our hands, but my guess is that we will play Oregon, Stanford, or Ohio State in the National Championship game.

I will take a 13-1 season.
PhoenixGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #16
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

I disagree with C2. I think we beat Ark, Tenn and Mizzou on the road. Funny thing isn't it, we expect to beat Georgia 4 straight, Tenn the same, and Clemson for a fifth straight. My how times have changed. I expect us to break through this year and eclipse our 10-2 regular season marks. It's time we all expected it. That's what elite teams do.............
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #17
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

CockyCash: 200
EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

Spurrier is 7-1 off a bye at USC.

We play UF off a bye.
EveryThingGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:04 PM   #18
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

I can't predict us losing any of those away games. Those teams are just not good right now. If anything, I could see us dropping one to UGA or UF at home.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #19
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

At worst 10-2, at best 11-1.

Even the mighty Tide didn't go undefeated last year. It is VERY VERY difficult for any SEC team to go undefeated, even with a manageable sched. Three road games in a row, even against winnable competition is an absolute tar pit. The guys will likely get complacent, exhausted, out of routine, and will lose one of those they're not supposed to.

Please remember, we're expecting big things from a lightly experienced RB group, LB group, and WR group.

The odds of going 12-0 are LONG.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #20
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
I can't predict us losing any of those away games. Those teams are just not good right now. If anything, I could see us dropping one to UGA or UF at home.
You're thinking about it all wrong! Those three road games are all winnable in a W/L column, but you're talking about THREE SEC ROAD GAMES IN A ROW. There are so many factors playing against you, exhaustion, complacency, being out of routine, trying to get UP for weaker competition, hostile crowds...

...it's going to be a huge huge test!