CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
markp_vip
WeStillOwnUSC
acejrock
HeadCockFan
TKE226
The Yancey
No Curse
cockyness11
Carolina4Life
cockybusiness2
A&M vent thread (21201)
SOS is pissed (10541)
So, Dylan Thompson? (4147)
I think the Gamecock (2986)
Is anybody still opt (2732)
Confused fan here. (2543)
Man of my word (no t (2521)
I'm not looking forw (2379)
Here's a terrifying (2086)
Just a friendly PSA (1840)
More NCAA Stupidity: Vand
Acock's Wrap Up: TAMU
Confused fan here. Why i
A&M vent thread
Predict the Season (After
So, Dylan Thompson?
Is anybody still optimist
Jimmies and Joes
Could Mike Davis Be Back
Heck of an atmosphere

Old 03-18-2013, 07:43 AM   #1
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material
Default 6-6 Leroy Fludd

6-6 Leroy Fludd of Believe Prep in Rock Hill will be taking an official visit to USC next month and is interested in seeing what the Gamecocks have to offer. He and his teammate, 6-3 Shaddell Millinghaus, are both Gamecock targets. "They need a little more help in certain areas," said Fludd who talks regularly with Gamecock coaches Frank Martin and Brad Underwood. "I can see myself playing at that type of level. I like the way they coach and the coaching staff is really close." Fludd and Millinghaus visited USC unofficially for the Ole Miss game. Millinghaus' brother is a freshman guard at Ole Miss. Fludd said he is undecided about other visits and doesn't have a favorite. He won't make a decision until after his season. He also has offers from Utah, Colorado State and Rutgers where he once was committed
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
thumpin big
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
thumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his comb
Default Re: 6-6 Leroy Fludd

I think I would like to see us sign both of those guys. From what I've read, both are tough.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Not very big/impressive offer lists. I understand, we're not in a position to really be picky though.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #4
thumpin big
Two Deep

Male

thumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his comb

ESPN said of Millinghaus: "Millinghaus is a powerful swingman who can physically bully most players at his age and position. He is at his best when able to push the ball out in front of him in the open floor because he attacks the rim like a dump truck running down hill."

And Fludd's nickname is "Truck". Sounds to me like the type of guys Martin is looking for.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #5
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

I just want I get some guys in... Fludd has nice size too.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #6
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

we just need someone
Old 03-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #7
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

That would both give us some needed size in the backcourt.
And I like the physicality they both are rumored to play wit.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #8
thumpin big
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
we just need someone

Anyone?
Old 03-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #9
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
Anyone?
Not just anybody.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #10
TrueCock22
Player of the Year

Male

TrueCock22 is sharpening his clawsTrueCock22 is sharpening his clawsTrueCock22 is sharpening his clawsTrueCock22 is sharpening his clawsTrueCock22 is sharpening his claws

Would be nice to get these two players. There both tough, grind it out type of players, something we desperately need on this team.
TrueCock22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #11
colnago
Recruit

Male

colnago is learning to peck

Unless my math is wrong (never was a strong suit with me), someone is going to have to hit the road if we bring anyone else in. Is that correct and if so, who goes ?
colnago is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #12
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit

wouldn't surprise me if a couple guys move on
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:57 PM   #13
thumpin big
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by colnago View Post
Unless my math is wrong (never was a strong suit with me), someone is going to have to hit the road if we bring anyone else in. Is that correct and if so, who goes ?
Correct. But I don't know who. Likely someone(s) from the upper classes.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:07 PM   #14
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
My guess is Leonard and Slawson. Maybe more.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #15
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

This was an article from last year...

The Truck is making a pit-stop.

Citing a desire to grow both physically and academically, Boys & Girls senior basketball player Leroy (Truck) Fludd will attend a prep school in the fall, putting off his college decision for now, his father, Leroy Fludd Jr., told the Daily News on Sunday.

While Fludd has a wealth of interest from high-major Division I schools, such as Rutgers, St. John’s, South Carolina and Providence, among others, the prudent decision for him is to do a post-graduate year before he commits to college, his father said.
The 6-5 forward had a monster year, leading the Kangaroos to both a city title and the program's first state championship while increasing his profile as one of the top players in the city
. But he's still just 17 and has room to mature, his father said.

“He prefers to take this route rather than go to a university right now,” said Fludd, Jr., a Lincoln graduate who played with current Lincoln coach Dwayne (Tiny) Morton at the Coney Island school in the late 80s. “There are a lot of people who go to universities and get lost on the bench for whatever reason. You have to be both mentally and physically ready to be able to play at that level. He knows that. That’s why we’re going to prep school first to make sure he’s ready for what's to come on the next level.”

The 17-year-old Fludd - who is likely to be among the five nominees for Player of the Year when the Daily News publishes its annual list of all-stars on Monday - plans to visit prep schools during the next few weeks, though his dad declined to mention which schools they will visit. Fludd's father also said his decision to attend prep school was based purely on a desire to polish off a few rough edges and has nothing to do with grades. Fludd already took the SATs and is awaiting the results.

“He has the grades now to attend a four-year school,” his dad said. “He’s good. I’m not even worried about that. He just has to take care of business and raise his average while he’s in prep school. He’s sitting on a 74-75 average now. I’m trying to get him to get that average to 84-85 where major universities will look at him and know that he’s taking care of his books.”

Fludd made the decision to attend prep school early in the season but never announced it publicly.

“He told me, 'This is high school. I’m playing against some of the best high school players but I know once I play against top level college kids, I don’t think I’m ready for it,'” his father said. “We both agreed that what’s the sense of going to a college if you’re not going to be able to play the way you want to? Now, we have another year to polish his game and hit the books in the classroom. This is the best thing for him to do.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/sch...f-a-division-i
Old 03-18-2013, 08:09 PM   #16
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
I'm not seeing the problem here.
Out of the Horn recruits left...who can you say...man, we will sure miss that guy?
Two-time National Champs

Old 03-18-2013, 08:10 PM   #17
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
My guess is Leonard and Slawson. Maybe more.
I'm thinking the same....maybe Brenton...but maybe with his recent strong play he will turn a corner.
Two-time National Champs

Old 03-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #18
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Having technical issues with transcripts from his high school......same for Millinghaus (Believe Prep in Rock Hill). If those can be cleared up, expect him to commit to us.....per TBS. Good chance we're getting both.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:51 PM   #19
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Having technical issues with transcripts from his high school......same for Millinghaus (Believe Prep in Rock Hill). If those can be cleared up, expect him to commit to us.....per TBS. Good chance we're getting both.
I like it.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:29 AM   #20
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Basketball players need transcripts? Say it ain't so!