CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Kyle76
bcolinc
WeStillOwnUSC
peterlemon
Cockypantherfan
The Yancey
18IsTheMan
GSC2013
Spurticus
Roosterboy
The Demise of the 3- (2080)
Pirate Depth Chart (1244)
East Carolina Predic (1129)
Why didn't Wes Green (1012)
who thinks we need a (960)
Did we ever go after (516)
You guys are horribl (473)
A&M on 3rd down (355)
It's the offenses no (327)
Finally Cooled Off (311)
What would be your defini
A&M on 3rd down
East Carolina Prediction
Carolina opens -15.5
Full Men's 2014-15 Schedu
Pirate Depth Chart
Finally Cooled Off
Wesley Green?
Do we have any shot again
Past SEC Champions who ha

Old 03-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #1
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material
Default Shadell Millinghaus 6-3 PG 2013

http://247sports.com/Player/Shadell-Millinghaus-22653

Shadell Millinghaus is a 6-3, 200-pound combo guard from Charlotte, N.C. He is originally from Brooklyn, N.Y.

Strengths:
Millinghaus is a unique combination of power and speed at the point guard position and is very difficult to contain off the bounce. He is a vocal leader as well as a willing and improving passer.

Weaknesses:
He needs to improve his jumper as well as gain an understanding of how to play at different speeds.

College Projections:
High Major
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #2
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: Shadell Millinghaus 6-3 PG 2013

Sounds like a promising prospect that just needs some coaching.
High intensity guy, I can see why Martin is after him.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:11 PM   #3
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Reel him in! Need to get players that play with emotion!
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
Reel him in! Need to get players that play with emotion!
And he has size and bulk.
6'3, 200 is pretty good size for a PG.
Plus the guy looks like a thick 200 in his photos.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:14 PM   #5
cockypanther
Banned

Male

cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

I have faith Martin will bring in another good player or two. Us fans are just being impatient and want some good news on the basketball front.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #6
thumpin big
Two Deep

Male

thumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his comb

Any subscribers to The Big Spur, at The McGuire Room, there are evaluations of Millinghaus and Fludd. Worth reading for those interested.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:25 PM   #7
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
Any subscribers to The Big Spur, at The McGuire Room, there are evaluations of Millinghaus and Fludd. Worth reading for those interested.
Can you shed some light on what was written?
Old 03-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #8
thumpin big
Two Deep

Male

thumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
Can you shed some light on what was written?
The stuff was written by bosworthhoops.blogspot. Google that and you can read it there. Click on the National Prep things at the top. Scroll down the one on the left until you get to Truck Fludd. Then the one on the right has Millinghaus at the top of the page. Better read it there than have me try to tell you. Let me know what you think.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #9
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
The stuff was written by bosworthhoops.blogspot. Google that and you can read it there. Click on the National Prep things at the top. Scroll down the one on the left until you get to Truck Fludd. Then the one on the right has Millinghaus at the top of the page. Better read it there than have me try to tell you. Let me know what you think.
I noticed Duane Notice was also evaluated below Millinghaus.

Sounds like Shadell is ahead of the other guys, but they all sound very promising compared to what we've had since Archie and Downey left...

http://bosworthhoops.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 03-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #10
thumpin big
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
I noticed Duane Notice was also evaluated below Millinghaus.

Sounds like Shadell is ahead of the other guys, but they all sound very promising compared to what we've had since Archie and Downey left...

http://bosworthhoops.blogspot.co.uk/

Our coaches have watched these guys several times, and I've read that they are talking regularly to both. We need bigger guards. I don't want to see us recruit anyone else under about 6-1 unless it is another Devan Downey.

Millinghaus especially sounds like a guard that we need. Big, tough, good at driving the ball, tough defender, and good rebounder. I'd take Fludd too.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:29 AM   #11
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

“He really likes them,” Waterman said of Fludd's interest in the Gamecocks. “They are right around the corner from our program so we can keep our arm around him, and he has family in South Carolina. They are one of the favorable choices at this time.” Last year at Boys & Girls High School in New York Fludd led his division in rebounding and scoring in leading his team to a state championship. USC was recruiting Fludd last year but he decided to attend prep school for a year for another season of maturing before going to college. This season he is averaging 26 points and 10 rebounds per game. He is also expected to visit Utah, Colorado State and West Virginia. He was committed to Rutgers last year before deciding to go to the prep school. Millinghaus is a native of Schenectady, NY and his brother is a freshman guard at Ole Miss. He's averaging 28 points per game and also has offers from Oregon, West Virginia, Loyola Marymount, Providence, Virginia Tech and others. “He wants to stay close,” Waterman said. “I would love to place him with coach Martin. I think he has great potential. Oregon is high on him. I do know he likes USC. They are in the top three for both of them.” Both players visited USC for the Ole Miss game.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:03 AM   #12
CardiacKemba
Banned

Male

CardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervous

Enough with the guards, FM.
CardiacKemba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:27 AM   #13
cockypanther
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiacKemba View Post
Enough with the guards, FM.
Whaaa???
Old 03-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #14
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

We haven't had a PG that can successfully run the point since DD left. We have Ty J., but he hasn't played a game yet. We need three guys that can run the point at any given time. We have lost a lot of games due to bad ball handling over the last few years.

We haven't had a solid SG since DD and Zam Jr were here.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #15
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

I'm sick of seeing "combo guard." To me this just means: undersized swingman who doesn't know what a bounce pass is.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #16
cockypanther
Banned

Male

I want a damn PG who can handle the ball really well, has excellent court vision, plays good D, and knows how to dish the ROCK!!

I want a damn SG who can shoot the ball and actually have it go in the basket.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #17
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
I want a damn PG who can handle the ball really well, has excellent court vision, plays good D, and knows how to dish the ROCK!!

I want a damn SG who can shoot the ball and actually have it go in the basket.
We can only dream at this point.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:36 PM   #18
Braveblazer34
Walk On

Male

Braveblazer34 has feathers coming inBraveblazer34 has feathers coming inBraveblazer34 has feathers coming in

I posted it on Big Spur. I think that Martin wants all three plus Henry.
Braveblazer34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:19 AM   #19
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 991000000
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

I just feel like crap with the idea of potential recruits visiting the Colonial Life Arena...... to see a bunch of empty seats..... and shambles of a program!

I truly hope Frank can convince these guys that we can return the the Glory years, 4 decades ago!
Old 03-21-2013, 12:22 AM   #20
JDuro
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 608
JDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his comb

Millinghaus has USC out front right now

By Phil Kornblut

6-3 Shadell Millinghaus of Schenectady, NY and Believe Prep in Rock Hill plans to take official visits to USC, Oregon, Virginia Tech, Tennessee and Loyola Marymount. Dates have not been set. Right now everyone is playing catch up to the Gamecocks. "I talked to them last week and they were telling me how it would be a great situation for me," Millinghaus said. "I'm very interested. I will give them a good look." He won't make a decision until after he takes his visits. He and his teammate, 6-5 Leroy Fludd, will visit USC together and its possible the two will go to the same school. "We've talked about that," he said. "We'll see what's the best fit for us." Oregon is second on his list but he said he's still open to the other schools as well. "I want to make sure I make the right decision." Millinghaus averaged 28 points per game this season.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...TS02/130329952

JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote