CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Gamecocks1137
Sandstorm29
The Yancey
aftertwobowls
GarnetSwarm1990
robgusc76
rioninusc
davisd9
Regalcock
The Vent and Coachin (8604)
Disturbing comments (3324)
2015 schedule is bru (2636)
UF lets Durkin go (2275)
2015 Early Enrollees (1916)
The U ends apparel d (779)
Bobo to Colorado St? (755)
Keeping it all in pe (447)
Brad Lawing USC / Fl (303)
Wilds & Carson B (259)
Marquavius Lewis
2015 schedule is brutal
Bowl Tickets On Sale Now
The U ends apparel deal w
Spurrier Jr in talks with
The Vent and Coaching cha
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
2016 - John Simpson
2015 - Ulric Jones
QB Next Season?

Old 03-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material
Default post practice videos are up on the athletic site

quarles, hampton, coach brown, maybe more later.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #2
Big-Cock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
Big-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot material
Default Re: post practice videos are up on the athletic site

I really look forward to legree and Hampton to show out this year. We may have two of the better CBs in the SEC
Big-Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #3
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

I want to hear from the new/young linebackers. The rest of our D should be nasty. If our LBs can close gaps and wrap up, then Clowney and Chaz can tee it up on 3rd downs. Way too early: wooooooo!
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
I want to hear from the new/young linebackers. The rest of our D should be nasty. If our LBs can close gaps and wrap up, then Clowney and Chaz can tee it up on 3rd downs. Way too early: wooooooo!
Like Botkin said...we may have upgraded in terms of talent...they are just young and green. One thing our linebackers will benefit from is having one of, if not the best d-line in the SEC/Country. I am interested to see how Coach Deke's approach works on these guys, but from watching Kelcy's interview it looks to be making an impact already. We should be able to run out multiple sets of athletic, big DT's...and there is not any doubt in my mind that Clowney/Sutton are the best DE duo in the nation.
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #5
CockyinCharge
Walk On

Male

CockyinCharge has earned his spursCockyinCharge has earned his spursCockyinCharge has earned his spursCockyinCharge has earned his spursCockyinCharge has earned his spursCockyinCharge has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Chicken View Post
Like Botkin said...we may have upgraded in terms of talent...they are just young and green. One thing our linebackers will benefit from is having one of, if not the best d-line in the SEC/Country. I am interested to see how Coach Deke's approach works on these guys, but from watching Kelcy's interview it looks to be making an impact already. We should be able to run out multiple sets of athletic, big DT's...and there is not any doubt in my mind that Clowney/Sutton are the best DE duo in the nation.
Well considering Clowney may be the best DE ever to play college football, I doubt many outside of Clemmy would argue!!!

But I want to see Sutton in a starting role before saying they are the best "duo" (although Clowney himself is better than most duo's in the nation haha). He needs to prove he can play every down, and can play well against the run (he was used primarily in passing situations IIRC)

As for a DE/DT duo, we hands down have the best with Quarles and clowney.. I almost pity SEC QBs on third down!!

Go Cocks!
CockyinCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:30 AM   #6
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyinCharge View Post
Well considering Clowney may be the best DE ever to play college football, I doubt many outside of Clemmy would argue!!!

But I want to see Sutton in a starting role before saying they are the best "duo" (although Clowney himself is better than most duo's in the nation haha). He needs to prove he can play every down, and can play well against the run (he was used primarily in passing situations IIRC)

As for a DE/DT duo, we hands down have the best with Quarles and clowney.. I almost pity SEC QBs on third down!!

Go Cocks!
Sutton is going to be a beast this year
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:35 AM   #7
CockyinCharge
Walk On

Male

CockyinCharge has earned his spursCockyinCharge has earned his spursCockyinCharge has earned his spursCockyinCharge has earned his spursCockyinCharge has earned his spursCockyinCharge has earned his spurs

^ I agree, I just wanna see him as an every down DE and vs the run more!!!

he has the talent to be an elite SEC pass rusher for sure

go cocks!

CockyinCharge is offline   Reply With Quote