CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
A. Pilgrim
gamecockgal
B-G
snruter amabon
thekob
DTGCOCKS#32
gadeneer1986
ESPN reporter adding (3548)
How we won the UGA g (1628)
In light of our matc (1625)
Just read this. (1417)
Neat statistic bruhh (931)
uniforms saturday (930)
If we keep winning a (779)
Vandy Fans (731)
Clemson requires sex (559)
Women of the SEC Ran (421)
ESPN reporter adding to t
Terry Googer - new Wildca
Winston
uniforms saturday
Cardinal's Jonathan Dwyer
SOS: No QB controversy
Watch ESPN3 regional blac
Waldrop injured
How we won the UGA game:
Neat statistic bruhhhhh

Old 03-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit
Default The Legend Of Jadeveon Clowney Grows Even In The Off-Season

The Legend Of Jadeveon Clowney Grows Even In The Off-Season

Quote:
South Carolina Gamecocks defensive end Jadeveon Clowney adds one chapter after another to his Paul Bunyan-like football existence. At Thursday’s spring practice, he reportedly blocked a field goal attempt in the most surreal fashion imaginable.
pimpingamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material
Default Re: The Legend Of Jadeveon Clowney Grows Even In The Off-Season

Love watching the legend grow. Can't wait to see what he does in 2013

Also, I know this video is really old but I just saw it for the first time the other day. I think it belongs in a "Legend of Clowney" thread none-the-less.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:57 PM   #3
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

I hope this is true.
I'm still trying to figure out HOW...did our line just not block at all?
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #4
SpurFan
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 1200
SpurFan has feathers coming inSpurFan has feathers coming inSpurFan has feathers coming in

If Clowney has the endurance to do this or they could just do it against a few lesser teams,,,,, they need to give him the ball on a jet sweep type play and just make sure the defensive end on that side is blocked. He will turn the corner too fast for the linebackers to get him and then have a cornerback and safety hopelessly trying to tackle him. It will go for 20+ yards everytime. Let him score like that a few times. Or use him on punt coverage team ala Melvin Ingram fake and let him score somehow. This could help catapult his Heisman campaign. A couple of good blocked fields goals would be awesome Heisman material also.
SpurFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #5
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
I hope this is true.
I'm still trying to figure out HOW...did our line just not block at all?

He was offsides by a good bit from folks I know who were there. Not as amazing as reported. still, he is the best there is. We don't need to pump it unfairly.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:05 AM   #6
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Not even the kickers can escape from Clowney's sight!
Old 03-23-2013, 07:06 AM   #7
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

he was not offsides, clowney is just ridiculous off the ball. certain peoples' minds cant fathom his prowess so they just tell themselves that he is offsides. its easier to think that than accept the alternative..the alternative being that time and space rules dont apply to a fellow human being.

Last edited by sc455; 03-23-2013 at 07:24 AM.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:16 AM   #8
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Friend of mine on the video crew said that he was offside....wayyyy offside. The play was blown dead because of it, and the ball wasn't snapped until he was 3/4ths of the way to the holder. Said that was why he was able to block it the way he did.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #9
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

It doesn't really matter if it's true or not...this is what becoming a legend will do. It's like the stories of Bo.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #10
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
he was not offsides, clowney is just ridiculous off the ball. certain peoples' minds cant fathom his prowess so they just tell themselves that he is offsides. its easier to think that than accept the alternative..the alternative being that time and space rules dont apply to a fellow human being.

FWIW, I was told this by a friend on the coaching staff. I think he would know.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #11
CockNBlythewood
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 300
CockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to CockNBlythewood

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
FWIW, I was told this by a friend on the coaching staff. I think he would know.
Well that settles it
Old 03-26-2013, 01:17 PM   #12
The Gamecock Outlaw
Glutton For Punishment

Male

CockyCash: 200
The Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot material

Well my 2nd cousin who is a friend of Lattimore's aunt said Clowney plays practice blindfolded so that just made this even more impressive.
The Gamecock Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote