CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
taylorssc
DTGCOCKS#32
KaneisAble
Pw00132
Master Bedroom
GarnetSwarm1990
Cockypantherfan
ccured
carolinacocky
400 pasing yards (1003)
HBC Weekly Presser (999)
Funny? (975)
Thompson Has Neck In (929)
Nosovitch (689)
Zone Read Analysis w (564)
What fish do you eat (526)
KY Suspends 4 Player (486)
Clowney didnt get ma (357)
4th & 1 Play (290)
QB Recruiting Strategy
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
HBC Weekly Presser
2016 - Tavien Feaster
Thompson Has Neck Injury
Thoughts on the basketbal
Mizzou's 30sec touchdown
Build a New Stadium
2015 Commitment - Mark Fi

Old 03-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material
Default Want Higher Blood Pressure? Get Yourself an Energy Drink

http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx?p...f-2634804672dd

Quote:
When consumers pop open an energy drink, they're probably expecting a jolt of get-up-and-go, not higher blood pressure and an erratic heartbeat.

But a new study presented at the American Heart Association's meeting in New Orleans found that the energy drinks can, over time, lead to an irregular heartbeat and even death, reports Bloomberg News.

It's the latest bad news for makers of energy drinks such as Monster Beverage (MNST -3.67%) and Red Bull, which have come under scrutiny by the Food and Drug Administration. As my colleague Jason Notte reported in January, a survey of hospitals found that emergency room visits tied to energy drinks doubled from 2007 to 2011.

With the latest study, its lead author says people, especially those with existing heart conditions, should be cautious when drinking the beverages.

"Everything is good in moderation. Drink them within the limits that have been provided and be vigilant of what else you’re consuming with it," Sachin Shah, the lead study author and an assistant professor of pharmacy practice at the University of the Pacific in Stockton, Calif., told Bloomberg.

It's not clear if the high caffeine content or another ingredient is to blame, and the heart changes don't seem to be lasting, the story notes.

Get some sunlight and a cup of joe.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #2
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material
Default Re: Want Higher Blood Pressure? Get Yourself an Energy Drink

Drank a decent amount of energy drinks my freshman and sophomore year of college. That, combined with slight weight gain and weird sleeping habits lead to me developing an irregular heart beat. Had to wear a monitor and everything. I avoid them like the plague now. I eliminated almost all caffeine from my diet.

My PVCs have decreased slightly so I'm able to have some coffee and tea here and there without and a problem, which I'm thankful for. haha. But I still don't mess with those drinks.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Never had the first sip of an energy drink. This confirms prior and future decisions.

People have to understand that these drinks cause more harm than good in the long run.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

to be fair, I think that part of the problem is overindulgence too

I'd probably be perfect fine and functional drinking a can or two of cocktane or redbull rather than 8 cups of black coffee everyday.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #5
lance_uppercut
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1450
lance_uppercut has developed his gaff and talonslance_uppercut has developed his gaff and talonslance_uppercut has developed his gaff and talonslance_uppercut has developed his gaff and talonslance_uppercut has developed his gaff and talonslance_uppercut has developed his gaff and talonslance_uppercut has developed his gaff and talonslance_uppercut has developed his gaff and talonslance_uppercut has developed his gaff and talonslance_uppercut has developed his gaff and talonslance_uppercut has developed his gaff and talons

To answer your question; I dont believe anyone wants higher blood pressure.
lance_uppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #6
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Never had one, never will
Old 03-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #7
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

They are absolutely terrible for you. I don't know why anyone would want to drink them. It is essentially intentionally putting slow acting poison in your body.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #8
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

My cardiologist says that those energy drinks are as bad for your heart as smoking is.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:25 PM   #9
usc90grad
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

I've had a few Monster Energy drinks in the past when I needed an extra boost of energy. But the crash you experience afterwards isn't worth it.
usc90grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #10
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I prefer a fresh hot cup of coffee in the morning.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #11
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

CockyCash: 1000
GoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot material

So it is bad that I just drank a Red Bull?
GoCCUChants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:41 PM   #12
acejrock
Rockington

Male

CockyCash: 28000000
acejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to acejrock Send a message via Yahoo to acejrock

My question is who doesn't know they are bad for health?
acejrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #13
acejrock
Rockington

Male

CockyCash: 28000000
acejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to acejrock Send a message via Yahoo to acejrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCCUChants View Post
So it is bad that I just drank a Red Bull?
It's only ok if you did it while completing an extreme sport or challenge.
acejrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:13 PM   #14
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejrock View Post
My question is who doesn't know they are bad for health?
You'd be surprised... Like people who grow up drinking nothing but sweet tea and soda and wonder why they are overweight and have diabetes.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:41 AM   #15
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

Quote:
"Everything is good in moderation. Drink them within the limits that have been provided and be vigilant of what else you’re consuming with it," Sachin Shah, the lead study author and an assistant professor of pharmacy practice at the University of the Pacific in Stockton, Calif., told Bloomberg.

This is the rule for almost everything you eat or drink that isn't good for you. Energy drinks are fine as long as you dont chug 3-4 of them bad boys daily. Ill get one in the mornings sometime before work, if im not feeling coffee.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:51 AM   #16
usc90grad
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

I think we need a study on why lesbians have high blood pressure.
usc90grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:01 AM   #17
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1705674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
I think we need a study on why lesbians have high blood pressure.
well....they are typically fat alcoholics....most of those have hbp...

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:45 AM   #18
Pastatroy
Walk On

Male

Pastatroy is learning to peckPastatroy is learning to peck

two of my Drill Sergeants at Benning probaly had 20 a day between themselves
Pastatroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #19
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastatroy View Post
two of my Drill Sergeants at Benning probaly had 20 a day between themselves

how long ago was that? I may know them.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #20
Pastatroy
Walk On

Male

Pastatroy is learning to peckPastatroy is learning to peck

graduated july 26th of 2012 A 1-46, ones living in Germany and the other is stationed in Colorodo now
Pastatroy is offline   Reply With Quote