CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
zcoop
GregoryHouse
Yearofthegamecock
Jdallen20
4gamecockfb
roosterdude21
Badazcock
CockyLifer
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (27771)
ESPN Game Day Commen (2177)
Simple "yes&quo (1530)
We actually didnt lo (1251)
Phil Steele just pre (1221)
what I think ab ward (1004)
Eat Crow (956)
Extremely Proud (891)
Garcia: Change the R (773)
TeMarcus Blanton (720)
We would be 7-1 with just
Stop bashing Dylan
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Extremely Proud
I want people to explain
Nick Marshall
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
what I think ab ward
Defense question
We actually didnt lose

Old 03-25-2013, 05:45 AM   #1
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material
Default SAS on SOS and JD

I don't think he realizes that SOS is just as likely to tell a player to go to the next level.

If JD was eligible to go then SOS would be all for it.

What SOS point was that JD is not going to sit out just to avoid injury.

The football players' mind does not work that way.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:41 AM   #2
Beebop
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 550
Beebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudly
Default Re: SAS on SOS and JD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Year View Post

I don't think he realizes that SOS is just as likely to tell a player to go to the next level.

If JD was eligible to go then SOS would be all for it.

What SOS point was that JD is not going to sit out just to avoid injury.

The football players' mind does not work that way.

SAS is an idiot! Sure, he has a right to his opinion and respect that right, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with his opinion! He should do his research before he starts running his mouth. To talk about Steve Spurriers desire for $$$. What a joke: I guess he doesn't realize the times in contract extension negotiations that Spurrier opted for less $$$ so that his assistant coaches could make more, or the fact as to how much Spurrier donates to the University every year for women's atheletics.....hhhmmmmm, that sounds like a greedy person to me!! What an Arssss!!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:10 AM   #3
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 699000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

If Stephen A. Smith was as smart as he thought he was, he'd be damn dangerous !
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #4
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quite frankly, I think he sux.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #5
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Wow. Just horrible horrible assessment there. SAS went on a tyrade as if SOS was trying to keep Clowney another year past eligibility. It's not SOS's fault that Clowney can't go pro right now! He knows Clowney won't be staying, and as a coach is known to tell kids to go if they are what, slated as a top third round pick or better? As others have said, Spurrier has given up money for assistant coaches, SAS is a joke.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #6
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

The man is an idiot. Actually, I agree with the other guy. Why should kids have to wait longer to go to the NFL than they do to the NBA or Major League baseball?

Does he not realize that Clowney made this choice himself? ESPN started the controversy, and Clowney said it was never his intention to sit out.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #7
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

SAS questioning the character of people like Spurrier is insulting and laughable at best.

In all honestly...who cares what this nobody has to say on the matter?
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #8
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

I don't even get what he's arguing. Spurrier thinks JD will play, because JD said he was going to play. So SAS is mad that SOS is happy JD will play? I'm not even sure what he's after, other than an idiot of the year award. At least formulate your hate into something logical before you rant.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:53 AM   #9
CarolinaBand
MiLB

Male

CockyCash: 1575
CarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot material

If you want it to stop, stop giving him page views.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:01 AM   #10
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

This guy is a jackass, it's clear when you hear Spurrier that the reason he coaches is because he wants to keep playing, he would coach for food and rent, Spurrier is saying they don't money, they want money for what they love. They are gonna keep playing because that is what they do. He doesn't think about money alone, he thinks about football and money.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #11
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

basically, dont even entertain this nonsense anymore by getting worked up or responding. this was from february 13th though.
crowcutta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #12
Cocktober Surprise
Soup Spoon

Male

Cocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudly

ESPN is just familiarizing themselves with Carolina because they will be talking a LOT about us in the fall. It's just practice.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
Old 03-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #13
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

This guy is a dick.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #14
Big-Cock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
Big-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot material

So no company in the country should be able to require that a person have a certain level of experience or education before they are hired. More of what's wrong with this country. Certain people just think everything should be handed to them. I had to go to school and obtain licenses to have my job. I guess I should have just come out of high school and been able to work even though I was only taught the very basics in high school.

They have the right to choose not to play football and to do something else. Football is a dangerous sport that can be very rewarding to some or something could happen. That is there right to take the chance.
Big-Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #15
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Jadeveon is a nice guy and says the right things, but I can imagine a part of him wants to tell these guys to screw off.

Wish they'd leave the young man alone and let him enjoy his football.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #16
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

I'd like to see that guy try to tell Jadeveon what to do. lol

Old 03-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #17
richiec
Walk On

Male

richiec has feathers coming inrichiec has feathers coming in

ok- since i just read the thread on Johnny Football, why doesn't he sit out next season too? He is the current Heisman winner. How can you build on that? What's more stats mean? If he doesn't win it again- is he a failure? Does his stock go down?
This is the dumbest thing ever in sports! SAS is just adding to the idiocy!
richiec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #18
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiec View Post
ok- since i just read the thread on Johnny Football, why doesn't he sit out next season too? He is the current Heisman winner. How can you build on that? What's more stats mean? If he doesn't win it again- is he a failure? Does his stock go down?
This is the dumbest thing ever in sports! SAS is just adding to the idiocy!
Exactly. And why didn't Swinney tell Boyd to go pro this year? It would have been better for him. Next year's QB class will be loaded.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #19
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

The title should be JC instead of JD
Old 03-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #20
Carolina Faithful
hooray beer

Male

CockyCash: 696
Carolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudly

Do us all a favor, whenever that guy comes on television just change the channel.
Carolina Faithful is offline   Reply With Quote