CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
ReadR00ster
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
ChickenButt
lilhornet
robgusc76
Freshman ND WR " (826)
Call of Duty: Advanc (523)
Good Riddance to bad (456)
Keeping tailgate foo (316)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (288)
Bashing Players, coa (213)
An A to Z of Noah We (207)
The Comeback & T (206)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (97)
Wallpaper & Back (97)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
TeMarcus Blanton
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Bashing Players, coaches,
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE

Old 03-25-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly
Default Hemlock Grove

Anyone planning on checking this out on Netflix--it is their newest original series. The trailer for the series didn't seem too bad. Although I am not a horror fan, it is directed by Eli Roth so it might be decent. I have been pleased with the last two original series made by Netflix.

Plot line from wikipedia:
A young girl is brutally murdered and found near the former Godfrey steel mill. As rumors mount, two of the suspects in her killing, Peter Rumancek, a 17-year-old Gypsy trailer trash kid rumored to be a werewolf, and Roman, the heir to the Godfrey estate, decide to find the killer themselves.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Hemlock Grove

Anyone watch it yet? Reviews arenot good.

One buddy (whoes opinion I somewhat respect) said "not impressed"

Thoughts?
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1705674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

havent watched it yet, but it is on my list...didnt watch lilyhammer, but liked House of Cards
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #4
Sugedatdude
Cocky Que

Male

CockyCash: 500
Sugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spurs

I watched season 1 in its entirety this past weekend—honestly, off the strength of the other Netflix original series "House of Cards", which was freaking stupendous…But anyway, I found “Hemlock Grove” to be somewhat entertaining, even though at times I felt like the storyline was out there & quite frankly, kind of strange.
Would I watch Season 2?..mmmmm. I’m still on the fence about that. The cliff hanger at the conclusion of Season 1 is somewhat intriguing though.
Sugedatdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:30 PM   #5
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule

I'll check it out at some time but right now there's too much baseball going on...maybe when the Orioles are on a west coast swing. House of Cards was excellent and Lilyhammer was good in a humorous way so I'll watch based on the strength of those two.

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:04 PM   #6
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Loved House of Cards. Might give the 1st few episodes a shot and go from there.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #7
Sugedatdude
Cocky Que

Male

Sugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
Loved House of Cards. Might give the 1st few episodes a shot and go from there.
Yeah....I'd say its worth a shot at least.
Sugedatdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #8
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

I haven't yet but I will once I finish this last season of Prison Break.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #9
RY4N
\_(ツ)_/

Male

RY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPit

I know it's not a Netflix original but has anyone watched the Sherlock episodes? Two seasons and only six episodes but each one is about 90 minutes. Feels like a move per episode. I think it's another great find on Netflix that I happened to stumble on a couple weeks ago.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #10
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by RY4N View Post
I know it's not a Netflix original but has anyone watched the Sherlock episodes? Two seasons and only six episodes but each one is about 90 minutes. Feels like a move per episode. I think it's another great find on Netflix that I happened to stumble on a couple weeks ago.
Watched 1st 2 episodes. Benedict Cumberbatch kind of annoyed me. However I have enjoyed him in Starter for Ten and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:45 AM   #11
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

Got more viewers than House of Cards did in its 1st weekend.

However, House of Cards was released on the same weekend as the Super Bowl. Plus there are so many fan-boys out there that I’m sure a werewolf TV show is a can’t miss prospect.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:48 PM   #12
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule

The first couple of minutes were pretty good. The rest was really bad. I usually give a series 3 episodes but I'm going to have to be pretty bored to watch episode 2.

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is online now   Reply With Quote