CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
U-Dub Gamecock
smoovecock
rosstheboss
markymark550
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
robgusc76
kabercr2
CockTail
2014 Charleston Clas (2688)
clemson game time: N (2269)
The Defense (1781)
**USC Women vs. San (1778)
Women's soccer Sweet (1461)
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,00 (948)
Spurrier on Pharoah: (832)
injury report? (617)
In case no one saw.. (605)
USC/clemson spread (561)
Drew Owens missing?
Odell Becham Catch
For Discussing The Clemso
2014 Charleston Classic:
USC/clemson spread
Gamecock Men Have Been Fa
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo
2015 Commitment - Marquav
Tiger Burn
The Defense

Old 03-25-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material
Default Snow Patrol

Who the frick listens to this garbage

I can't think of a worse band I have ever heard in my life. Wispy vocalist, slowly strummed guitars, bullshit lyrics that sound like they are regurgitated from American Greetings

Seriously, if you jumbled up their lyrics and printed them in italics on some summery-background, that's a sympathy card right fcking there

I was sitting in the dentist office and this crap came on the radio and I wanted to stick pencils 5 inches into my ears. I felt like I was quite literally going to die. I started walking aimlessly and started having nervousness.
Throughout the whole song, I started humming other shit because I thought to myself, "if I die right now, suddenly, then Snow Patrol will be the last song I ever hear, and I can't have that"

If anyone listens to this band, I don't want to know who you are, and please do not have children. They SUCK and by default you are part of the problem because you actually think this is good.

They suck! Oh man do they suck.

I just looked at their website, and the lead singer's name is: GARY LIGHTBODY. That's the most appropriate name for a lead singer in the history of music because you know damn well he is light in the loafers. And I am really sorry in advance, but the adjective "GAY" is not usually valid for everything, and I understand it is insensitive in some cases, but in this case, it really is appropriate, because there is no other more appropriate word to talk about a band who sings shit like that, and whose singer is named Gary Lightbody, except "gay". Their music is GAY. Their lyrics are GAY. That song about "if I just lie here, would you lie with me", you know damn well the guy's talking about another dude.

I fcking hate this band. I fcking hate them so much they suck so bad. They are permanently the worst band I have ever heard and I want to gouge out their eyeballs.

Seriously people, read this shit:

(This is actually a song someone wrote):

We'll do it all
Everything
On our own
We don't need
Anything
Or anyone

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world

I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel
Those three words
Are said too much
They're not enough

[OH MY FREAKING GOD DUDE YOU ARE A RETARD. Read that shit again it is the GREATEST SUCKAGE OF ALL TIME]

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

[WHAT THE F------CK???!?!]

I don't know how in the hell to convince people who have never heard this band that they need to STAY AWAY. If your child listens to this band (hopefully it is not a male) you will never be safe and need to send them to some sort of Outward Bound or Upward Bound thing where they learn a skill other than tweeting, blogging, playing lacrosse, writing love texts, and sipping latte because THAT IS THE CHILD'S FUTURE if they listen to BORING, OBNOXIUS, TRENDY, GAY, STUPID, ASININE FCKING GARBAGE LIKE THIS BAND.

fffffFFFFFFF2P56-05-*(@_d+]"JWE[0CY63 THEY SUCK!

also I just want to say, if Johnny Manziel, Chode Kelly, and Marshall Henderson all were in a band, it wouldn't suck nearly as bad as (you guessed it) SNOW PATROL!!!!

They freaking SUCK
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #2
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material
Default Re: Snow Patrol

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

Thanks spare, this band always pissed me off. But what pisses me off more is their fanbase, it's freaking huge, I don't understand it. It's mostly white middle class teenaged emo girls that think they have rough lives and can "relate" to the depressing music.

So yeah, the suck royal ASS
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #4
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

Aaand, johnnyb decides to troll.
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #5
spareparts
Banned

Male

spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Because if there's one thing people who listen to this band probably have experience at, it's pissing people off

So it makes a good soundtrack to that
Old 03-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #6
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194810
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.101 View Post
Aaand, johnnyb decides to troll.
He's not trolling. Johnny just likes really crappy music. He listens to Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber all the time. His iPod thinks he's a 12 year old girl.

GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #7
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockMomSC View Post
He's not trolling. Johnny just likes really crappy music. He listens to Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber all the time. His iPod thinks he's a 12 year old girl.

maybe I am...

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #8
spareparts
Banned

Male

Then that would explain your Snow Patrol posts, because certainly no male species would ever listen to that crap band
Old 03-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #9
Stonecoldcock
Starter

CockyCash: 20001160
Stonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot material

This shit is bananas, B A N A N A S.
Stonecoldcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #10
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecoldcock View Post
This shit is bananas, B A N A N A S.
is bananas good or bad? I cant keep up with the young peoples slang anymore

Old 03-25-2013, 01:35 PM   #11
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Kind of a canned love song where the writer just wrote out the basic structure of the song and then said f-it. Let's just go with that.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #12
spareparts
Banned

Male

This thread is infecting the internet

I think a missile was just launched someplace

I'm sorry for creating it, but I blame Snow Patrol for existing
Old 03-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #13
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Seriously people, read this shit:

(This is actually a song someone wrote):

We'll do it all
Everything
On our own
We don't need
Anything
Or anyone

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world

I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel
Those three words
Are said too much
They're not enough

[OH MY FREAKING GOD DUDE YOU ARE A RETARD. Read that shit again it is the GREATEST SUCKAGE OF ALL TIME]

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

[WHAT THE F------CK???!?!]
I don't always agree with your rants. I usually enjoy them, find them very humorous, but many times I feel like you're just going over-board and being overtly critical, just for the sake of.

But I must say, in this instance- I could not agree more.

I have the same reaction as you every time this damn song comes on. This song LITERALLY pisses me off, and while my persona on here might hint otherwise, I dont get angry often.

But this song really just irritates the shit out of me.

I cannot believe people think this garbage is good.
FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #14
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material

a question for spareparts...

what is worse; the state of Ohio (as a whole) or Snow Patrol (and all those who like them)?

try not to let your head explode pondering this question.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #15
spareparts
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post

what is worse; the state of Ohio (as a whole) or Snow Patrol (and all those who like them)?

If Snow Patrol ever play a concert in Ohio, it would be the vortex of suckage in the universe. All evil would be thrown into a black hole in the arena, like the scene in "Raiders Of the Lost Ark" when the ark was opened and everything evil got sucked into it
Old 03-25-2013, 02:06 PM   #16
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Do not like.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #17
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
If Snow Patrol ever play a concert in Ohio, it would be the vortex of suckage in the universe. All evil would be thrown into a black hole in the arena, like the scene in "Raiders Of the Lost Ark" when the ark was opened and everything evil got sucked into it
Don't try and change the subject, just answer the ****in question!

Old 03-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #18
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 78700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

Never heard of them.
cockinraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #19
Berry
Sherlock

Male

CockyCash: 17578666
Berry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot material

These guys.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:36 PM   #20
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post

SO BEAT ME TOO IT.. POINTS

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote