CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
U-Dub Gamecock
ConwayGamecock
thumpin big
Gamecocks1137
b381l
FanofCarolina1
JerseyBird
carolinacocky
CockyInTexas
TheUniversityofSC
2014 Charleston Clas (5865)
Could Pharoh Run the (1099)
Mullen Pulls QB's Sc (1051)
Huge recruiting week (924)
Big George Statue (657)
ESPN's Mike Golic ke (631)
TV?? (535)
No Shave November (425)
Fly_over tomorrow? (405)
Scholarship Lounge B (347)
Awful Shooting Continues
Gamecock Men Have Been Fa
USC/South Alabama 11/22/2
CockyTalk Football Pickem
Big George Statue
2014 Charleston Classic *
Fly_over tomorrow?
TV??
River Bluff High School.
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTING

Old 03-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material
Default App State to Sun Belt

Per Tommy Bowman of the Winston-Salem Journal. Likely will accept Wednesday. Georgia Southern also has a presser scheduled for Wednesday, so they could be jumping up too.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #2
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material
Default Re: App State to Sun Belt

im glad they are jumping... i think they can be a pretty competitive mid major... nice football stadium that has room to expand...great tailgating atmosphere for a school that size... solid fan base that will support them... go apps
Old 03-25-2013, 06:36 PM   #3
BlueEagles06
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
BlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPit

Its where the money is. With the playoff and all coming in, they wont have the big money maker games coming in such as UGA, Michigan, LSU...
Old 03-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #4
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

that's good to hear, that University is too good to be in the FCS. Hopefully Wofford will make be able to make the jump one day.

EDIT: Thanks Don

Last edited by FanofCarolina1; 03-25-2013 at 09:14 PM.
FanofCarolina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #5
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

I see this as a good idea because under the new rules the highest ranked non BCS team (conferences other than the SEC, Big Ten, Big 12, PAC 12 and ACC) will automatically go to a BCS bowl.

Of course it may be difficult coming from the Sun Belt, but people said the same about teams from the WAC years before.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:13 PM   #6
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
that's good to hear, that University is too good to be in the FBS. Hopefully Wofford will make be able to make the jump one day.
If confused were a color, that's the color I would be, because they just joined joined the FBS and left the FCS.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #7
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
I see this as a good idea because under the new rules the highest ranked non BCS team (conferences other than the SEC, Big Ten, Big 12, PAC 12 and ACC) will automatically go to a BCS bowl.

Of course it may be difficult coming from the Sun Belt, but people said the same about teams from the WAC years before.
Sun Belt is a temporary stop for App.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #8
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock Rob View Post
Sun Belt is a temporary stop for App.
Yea one would believe Conference USA is next?

#LukeForMod

Old 03-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #9
Sugedatdude
Cocky Que

Male

Sugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spurs

Although it's probably highly unlikely, I hope we don't schedule App St. or Georgia Southern in the near future...GSU runs the option more effectively than Wofford in my opinion. Heck, I wouldn't even schedule Wofford. The triple option just gives us trouble period.
Sugedatdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #10
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
If confused were a color, that's the color I would be, because they just joined joined the FBS and left the FCS.
Yep, you're right. I'm used to it being called 1-AA, or Division II. The whole FBS, and FCS is too confusing for this old fart.
If I were to give you a color, I'd color you green because you're money.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #11
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Yea one would believe Conference USA is next?
Perhaps whatever the Big East becomes or maybe a replacement in the ACC if the SEC poaches NC State.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #12
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

I think that both of those teams will be able to compete in that conference immediately
Old 03-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #13
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
I think that both of those teams will be able to compete in that conference immediately
Yea and now they'll get 20 more scholarships.

#LukeForMod

Old 03-25-2013, 09:53 PM   #14
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

They will do well in then FBS. Maybe one day we will see a Michigan - App State bowl game.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:06 AM   #15
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
Yep, you're right. I'm used to it being called 1-AA, or Division II. The whole FBS, and FCS is too confusing for this old fart.
If I were to give you a color, I'd color you green because you're money.
Well played sir! points

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:36 AM   #16
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 461300
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

App or Georgia southern could probably compete in The ACC, today
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:46 AM   #17
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
They will do well in then FBS.
Not a given. I remember when Marshall made the jump...they were not able to sustain their success from Div I-AA/FCS. Kinda wish this didn't happen...their old SoCon was a great conference at one time and some of those lesser teams will fall further behind in $$.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #18
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

good move by appy st. this is a logical step towards going Div 1. I think that this will give them time to get their facilities going if they decide to try to go to a larger conference. One thing I have always wondered, where do visiting teams fly into when playing in Boone? The closest commercial airports are not very close. Not that it matters, but I have always wondered...
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #19
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Not a given. I remember when Marshall made the jump...they were not able to sustain their success from Div I-AA/FCS. Kinda wish this didn't happen...their old SoCon was a great conference at one time and some of those lesser teams will fall further behind in $$.
true but then you can use the example of boise state ... it goes both ways... i hope they do go the way of boise and not marshall
Old 03-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #20
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

If this is true and does happen that means Coastal will move over to the SoCon....Wow....I just dont see Appy State moving up along with Jawja Southern....that is a big step for sure...