CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
El Cid Ranger
WeStillOwnUSC
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
USCNowAndForever
gamecockgal
SC Sandlapper
Gamecocks1137
B-G
ConwayGamecock
Interesting quotes f (2067)
Have you ever been s (1283)
Tennessee Offense Br (812)
Key for 2015 defense (769)
Women's Team Ranked (511)
This season and recr (441)
Skai Moore out for U (435)
Lebron makes Clevela (342)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (235)
For all the uniform (191)
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw
Uniforms for Tenn
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Have you ever been so wro
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
We're going to the NCAA T
Season Tickets
Key for 2015 defense
Women's Team Ranked #2 In
Wallpaper & Backgroun

Old 03-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad
Default Snake Burns Down House in Texas

Snake blamed for burning down home

LIBERTY EYLAU, TX (KSLA) - Authorities believe a homeowner’s response to finding a snake in her yard may have led to the fire that destroyed her house Wednesday.

The fire sparked at a home on Will Smith Road in the Liberty Eylau area of Bowie County, TX just before 7 p.m. “While cleaning up, she saw snake, threw gasoline on the snake, lit the snake on fire,” said Deputy Randall Baggett with the Bowie County Sheriff’s Office. “The snake went into the brush pile and the brush pile caught the home on fire.”

Despite the efforts of several fire departments that responded to the scene, the flames completely engulfed the home. It is a complete loss. A neighboring home was also damaged on one side.

Snake 1 Idiot 0
Old 03-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material
Default Re: Snake Burns Down House in Texas

well, i've always seen those videos of people who find a snake's den in their closet, laundry room, or basement...and responded they should just burn the entire house down.

i guess this is a snake's response to such an approach?
FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:05 PM   #3
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

AC Philson reference in 3,2,1...
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:02 PM   #4
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

Why is nobody upset that she killed a snake? If I went out and set a dog on fire I would be in jail fast, but nobody cares about a snake.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #5
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog2003 View Post
Why is nobody upset that she killed a snake? If I went out and set a dog on fire I would be in jail fast, but nobody cares about a snake.
I'm sure she'll hear from PETA.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:35 AM   #6
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Same thing happened with a mouse in like 2005 or 2006. Guy was burning leaves, caught a mouse in his house, threw it in the fire. It ran inside, and burned the house down.

Moral of the story: if you're going to throw an animal in an open fire, instead, douse yourself with gasoline and run through the animals house. Teach it a lesson it won't soon forget.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:06 AM   #7
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Exact same thing happened right outside of Edisto about 7-8 years ago.
My wife and I were down there on vacation and had spent the day in
Charleston. Driving back to Edisto late evening and had just turned off
17 to go through Hollywood (by Stono Plantation). We saw the smoke
from back on 17 and when we made the turn off of 17 we started getting
passed by police cars, local fire dept vehicles and an ambulance. Just
past the Golf course, we saw the house that was pretty much consumed
at that point in flames. Got back to the cabin and was watching the local
news that night and we saw the guy that owned the house being
interviewed on the news. He saw a snake in his shed right behind the house
and he tried to kill it but it crawled under a bench so he decided to the
easiest way to kill it was to ......Yep, throw gas in the area where the
snake was hiding, and light it to burn the sucker out. - Paraphrasing:

"The fire was much bigger than I expected for the small amount of gas
I threw out. I had an extinguisher with me and thought I could control
a small fire, you know, just big enough to get rid of the snake. .. The
fire kind of like, exploded when I lit the gas, and the flame was too big
and too high. It set a chair on fire before I could get the fire extinguisher
working and by the time I did, it was pretty much out of control at that
point"

To this day I still get a laugh out of the mental image I have when I think
about that whole thing. A small garter snake under a old cinder block
about 30 feet away, watching the fire department trying to put out
the house fire and laughing his ass off.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #8
chapincock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 250
chapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudly

12 gauge usually takes care of snakes...i say snake wins that round.
chapincock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:23 AM   #9
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapincock View Post
12 gauge usually takes care of snakes...i say snake wins that round.
This chick would have somehow shot herself
Old 03-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #10
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

I'm glad AC didn't try to burn that anaconda in his back yard to death. That inferno would have made Sherman's burning of Columbia look like a match strike.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #11
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
I'm glad AC didn't try to burn that anaconda in his back yard to death. That inferno would have made Sherman's burning of Columbia look like a match strike.
Haha. Nice. That's pretty damn funny right there.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #12
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post

You mean that little ol' rat snake?
I'm not a D1 basketball coach, I don't have Einstein's IQ, my dad's not a lawyer, and I don't have any inside information from reliable sources deep inside the Williams Brice custodial staff, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night while I was saving a ton of money on my car insurance.
cocky0 is offline   Reply With Quote