CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Talon1
ReadR00ster
WeStill0wnUSC
catdaddy66
NineInchSpurs
18IsTheMan
cocksmith1or11
garnet_black215
GamecockSuperFan
henmania
Tired of night games (2126)
Luginbill says ECU s (1879)
Well, as it turns ou (1480)
Next years RB situat (1453)
Coach Elliott pregam (1373)
What the heck is up (1354)
Been a pleasure talk (1083)
So, Vanderbilt is ne (914)
ECU fan here (792)
Verne lundquist (741)
Freaky Coincidence or Div
Davis dinged up again?
Rabbit package?
Well, as it turns out, we
Shon Carson
Vandy, Missouri, Kentucky
ECU fan here
Luginbill says ECU should
Quarles is a Colt!
What the heck is up with

Old 03-28-2013, 01:31 AM   #1
JDuro
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 608
JDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his comb
Default Ieshia Small - Wing - 2013 (WBB)

USC is in the final 2 for one of the last undecideds in the 2013 Top 50 recruits, Ieshia Small from Florida.
Ranked #16 in the nation by Full Court and #19 and rated a 5 star (96 score) by ESPN.
She's a McDonald's All-American and says she will announce her school decision at the game on April 3rd.

The other school USC is up against is Baylor as posted 9 days ago by Ieshia on her Ask.fm page:

Quote:
I watch your story on you tube and I have became a fan of your. I hear that you are down to your final two schools. Who are your final two schools?

Baylor and South Carolina and thank you I really appreciate it!
She seems like a pretty impressive girl. She and her brother had some tough times after they lost their mother to a heart attack.
Here's her story:

AAU Mix Tape

Here's hoping she chooses Garnet & Black.

Last edited by JDuro; 03-28-2013 at 02:00 AM.
JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:50 AM   #2
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ieshia Small - Wing - 2013 (WBB)

A highly skilled wing player with some size? That's exactly what we could use!
Old 03-28-2013, 11:01 AM   #3
carolina2010
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 756
carolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudly

Need her badly... A scoring wing player
carolina2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #4
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

im gonna say she is probably going to baylor
Old 03-28-2013, 02:55 PM   #5
CaptainObvious
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
CaptainObvious has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post

Well since you're usually wrong, I'll take that.
CaptainObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:43 PM   #6
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 0
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I really hope Coach Staley can reel her in. Hopefully she'll want to stay closer to home and end up at Carolina.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #7
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
Well since you're usually wrong, I'll take that.
Lol okay. I'm just saying its hard to believe we could pull a player from out of state of her caliber
Old 03-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #8
garnet&black1998rn
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
garnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPit

[quote=CaptainObvious;3721128]Well since you're usually wrong, I'll take that.[/quote

Dude you must has missed your phone call from taternet .Your mom called there and said you missed getting your diaper change. Gee what a maroon you must be. How 'bout you back up off SG you not even in his league. DUH Captain Dubious
Old 03-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #9
CaptainObvious
Banned

Male

[quote=garnet&black1998rn;3721282]
Quote:
Well since you're usually wrong, I'll take that.[/quote

Dude you must has missed your phone call from taternet .Your mom called there and said you missed getting your diaper change. Gee what a maroon you must be. How 'bout you back up off SG you not even in his league. DUH Captain Dubious
With all those spelling and grammatical errors, I'm going to say you're the one being missed on Tigernet. Oy Vey.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #10
garnet&black1998rn
Recruit

Male

garnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPit

[quote=CaptainObvious;3721296]
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet&black1998rn View Post

With all those spelling and grammatical errors, I'm going to say you're the one being missed on Tigernet. Oy Vey.
Ouch really, new age texting semantics and syntax. I type poorly and as you so kindly infered; yet you got the point. My english teacher from 1969 will be really pissed I guess. Didn't realize this was a grammar test . But, thanks for the info. It is a sports board and you are no sport . OY vey to you too das capitan.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #11
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

Quote:
Lol okay. I'm just saying its hard to believe we could pull a player from out of state of her caliber
Kesley Bone was from Texas, and ranked number two her senior year
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
PvtWarlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #12
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:

It would be because of history and Griner is leaving. We may still be the one though. Those are some pretty big shoes to fill playing after Griner and we have some players graduating so there is early playing time to be had here. Coach Staley should push the early playing time hard.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #13
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

This girl is a Final Four puzzle piece for us. We need this girl bad! Has a great looking shot, can use the glass and handle the rock. She needs to come here and we are closer to the Final Four and the player that Staley was could teach her a lot to improve her game. Very impressed!
Old 03-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #14
sosfan812
Blue Chip

Male

sosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudly

Hopefully our Mcdonalds all-american will be in her ear!
sosfan812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:36 PM   #15
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

This young lady appears to have some serious skilzz, and from a purely selfish POV, I would love to see her wearing Garnet & Black.

Everyone knows the Dawn Staley story - what a great player she was and what a marvelous coach she is. I just hope Ieshia gets to see the missing piece of the Staley puzzle before she makes up her mind where she's going.

Missing piece?? Yes. The one Dawn doesn't publicize. The one that gave us Brett Ball.

Ieshia, I'll be seeing your Mom long before you will so I'll give her your message - no matter where you go...if you don't mind. Guess your story touched me because it reminded me of the older brother I never knew.

Best wishes.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:17 PM   #16
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Actually, we should have the edge against Baylor: We're closer to Florida, we have better facilities, a much, much bigger fan base and the best point guard in WBB history as a head coach.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:47 PM   #17
CaptainObvious
Banned

Male

[quote=garnet&black1998rn;3721302]
Quote:

Ouch really, new age texting semantics and syntax. I type poorly and as you so kindly infered; yet you got the point. My english teacher from 1969 will be really pissed I guess. Didn't realize this was a grammar test . But, thanks for the info. It is a sports board and you are no sport . OY vey to you too das capitan.

"you not" how is that new age?
Old 03-29-2013, 04:31 AM   #18
JDuro
4-Star

Male

JDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
Actually, we should have the edge against Baylor: We're closer to Florida, we have better facilities, a much, much bigger fan base and the best point guard in WBB history as a head coach.
She's definitely big on family especially her little brother so location should favor USC assuming he's staying in Florida. She definitely admires Dawn (a lot of mentions of DS on her Ask.fm page), but I don't think any more or less than Kim Mulkey.

I disagree with you on fanbases, at least in the Griner era. Checking the box scores, the typical announced attendances for Baylor home games are in the 8,000s. I assume those numbers will probably drop but too late to benefit USC in this case.

Baylor may also have an extra advantage in that one of Ieshia's former AAU teammates plays for them whom she named when somebody asked her specifically if there was a former AAU teammate she'd like to play with again.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #19
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDuro View Post
She's definitely big on family especially her little brother so location should favor USC assuming he's staying in Florida. She definitely admires Dawn (a lot of mentions of DS on her Ask.fm page), but I don't think any more or less than Kim Mulkey.

I disagree with you on fanbases, at least in the Griner era. Checking the box scores, the typical announced attendances for Baylor home games are in the 8,000s. I assume those numbers will probably drop but too late to benefit USC in this case.

Baylor may also have an extra advantage in that one of Ieshia's former AAU teammates plays for them whom she named when somebody asked her specifically if there was a former AAU teammate she'd like to play with again.
Those attendance figures are because Baylor has been top 5 for several years. When we draw 15,000-18,000 as a consistently top 5 team you'll understand.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:44 PM   #20
JDuro
4-Star

Male

Probably much to do about nothing now with Coach Staley sniffin' out Ohio St. and reportedly interviewing on Tuesday. But it is a new bulletin so posting it anyway:

Ieshia Small set to announce at McDonald's All-American Game

By Kelly Kline - @FullCourtWBBall
Contributor
March 31, 2013 - 11:29pm

Full Court has confirmed that unsigned senior Ieshia Small has narrowed her list of schools to Baylor and South Carolina and will officially announce her decision during the television broadcast of the McDonald's All-American game on April 3 at the United Center in Chicago. The game will air at 7p.m. ET on ESPNU.
Small, ranked No. 12 in the 2013 Full Court Fresh 50, dropped Rutgers from the list of schools she is considering. Ieshia's parents also confirmed that head coaches Dawn Staley of South Carolina and Kim Mulkey of Baylor both made in home visits last week. Small made an official visit to the Baylor campus on February 23 and to South Carolina in October.
The McDonald's All-American averaged 25 points, 9 rebounds, 5.4 assists and 5 steals a game this season for Florida State University High School in Tallahassee. Small led the Seminoles to 22-7 record and was named the Florida Gatorade Player of the Year.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Ranked No. 12 (or 16)...