CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Regalcock
The Yancey
Gamecocks1137
catdaddy66
SMOTFS86
B-G
doubledribble
gamecockgal
JaxcockFL
crowcutta
Has the window close (1126)
Bruce!!! (1034)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (759)
Kentucky is dominati (688)
Question for those w (620)
UFC Fight Night 58: (454)
**USC vs. Coker GAME (404)
Going to the Duck Bo (252)
2014 Subway Classic: (238)
This one gets better (221)
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Streaming nfl games
Going to the Duck Bowl?
Bruce!!!
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
My early Monday dinner .
Madden Connected Franchis
The Vent and Coaching cha
Decommitment from Texas A
2014 Subway Classic:**USC

Old 03-29-2013, 07:57 AM   #1
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material
Default Jody Fuller's build.

Yesterday was the first chance I've had to see a lot of the younger players in person. Among these was Jody Fuller. While Fuller didn't really do anything in the scrimmage, I couldn't help but notice his build. Does he remind anyone else of Sterling Sharpe physically? I mean Sharpe was always built more like a running back than a prototypical wide receiver, and that's what I thought of when I looked at Fuller. It sure would be nice if Fuller ended up reminding me of Sharpe with his play on the field as well. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else noticed the similarity in physical build to Sharpe.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:25 AM   #2
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Jody Fuller's build.

Nope.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:29 AM   #3
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

CockyCash: 500
Mt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot material

I noticed this, even when he signed.

Could be the total package, with blocking and everything, as he progresses.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:32 AM   #4
5150harley
Sandlapper Pools

Male

5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material

I talked to Jody after last years spring game. He may have gotten "thicker" since then. He had a smaller frame. I have not seen him this year.

Side note: I also talked with his grand dad. You should have heard the excitement in him for Jody. Seamed to be a great family.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:32 AM   #5
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
Yesterday was the first chance I've had to see a lot of the younger players in person. Among these was Jody Fuller. While Fuller didn't really do anything in the scrimmage, I couldn't help but notice his build. Does he remind anyone else of Sterling Sharpe physically? I mean Sharpe was always built more like a running back than a prototypical wide receiver, and that's what I thought of when I looked at Fuller. It sure would be nice if Fuller ended up reminding me of Sharpe with his play on the field as well. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else noticed the similarity in physical build to Sharpe.
I haven't seen either person up close, but their builds are the same. Both are around 6 feet, 200 lbs. Now it's all up to Jody if he can put up the stats like Sterling did. Although, Sterling didn't put up great stats until his Jr year.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:48 AM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

He has what you look for in a slot receiver, physically. Stalky build, good speed, good quicks .. He really needs to improve his hands though. That is the big thing that is holding him back right now. But he is only a freshman so there is still 4 years to put it all together.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:36 AM   #7
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
I haven't seen either person up close, but their builds are the same. Both are around 6 feet, 200 lbs. Now it's all up to Jody if he can put up the stats like Sterling did. Although, Sterling didn't put up great stats until his Jr year.
I was lucky to meet Sharpe once many years ago. And the image of how big he was for a receiver will always stick with me, so when I saw Fuller for the first time yesterday, although from somewhat of distance, I immediately thought of Sharpe. If we're patient with Fuller, he may end up being a major player for this team in the future, but only time will tell.

And thanks for the insight, C2. I've been wondering why I haven't heard more about him.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:43 PM   #8
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

I always thought he was a YAC guy. He definitely was in high school. Hope he pans out.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:56 PM   #9
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Yeah I mentioned this in one of the practice summaries I did. His build is awesome and I really hope he makes that next step and is read to contribute in 2014
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #10
GamecockSuperFan
6-6

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

edit
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:57 PM   #11
donniebaseball
Recruit

Male

donniebaseball has hatched from the shell

Fuller, Kwinton Smith and Shaq Roland have to step it up in 2013.
donniebaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:08 PM   #12
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
He has what you look for in a slot receiver, physically. Stalky build, good speed, good quicks .. He really needs to improve his hands though. That is the big thing that is holding him back right now. But he is only a freshman so there is still 4 years to put it all together.
If his hands aren't elite right now he will never be anything like Sharpe...you can get better but elite is God given as far as hands go.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #13
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniebaseball View Post
Fuller, Kwinton Smith and Shaq Roland have to step it up in 2013.
Not really. Those are all young players.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #14
acrh10
4-Star

Male

acrh10 has earned his spursacrh10 has earned his spursacrh10 has earned his spursacrh10 has earned his spursacrh10 has earned his spursacrh10 has earned his spursacrh10 has earned his spurs

His build is sexy.
acrh10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:18 PM   #15
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrh10 View Post
His build is sexy.

I knew it would go here.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:07 PM   #16
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I thought SS is about 3 inches taller than JF.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:28 PM   #17
acrh10
4-Star

Male

acrh10 has earned his spursacrh10 has earned his spursacrh10 has earned his spursacrh10 has earned his spursacrh10 has earned his spursacrh10 has earned his spursacrh10 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Year View Post
I knew it would go here.
Kind of a weird topic.
acrh10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:34 AM   #18
SteelCock
Walk On

SteelCock has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I thought SS is about 3 inches taller than JF.
Sterl's 6'1, got up to around 205lbs at USC, 210lbs in GB. I saw him a coupla years ago at the airport and he looked maybe 240lbs, with about 35lbs of preggo belly.
SteelCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #19
SteelCock
Walk On

SteelCock has hatched from the shell

Levon Kirkland was there at the same time, and they walked right past each other like they had no idea who the other was. Funny. I got Fat Kirk to sign a Steeler hat, knew better than to mess with Sterl.
SteelCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #20
iplan
Walk On

Male

iplan is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCock View Post
Levon Kirkland was there at the same time, and they walked right past each other like they had no idea who the other was. Funny. I got Fat Kirk to sign a Steeler hat, knew better than to mess with Sterl.
So Sterling is not nice to fans?
iplan is offline   Reply With Quote