CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Spurticus
GarnetSwarm1990
Sandstorm29
NinjaSven
WeStillOwnUSC
kingofnerf
Jim Lahey
Storm Of Spurs
roosterdude21
So, why is next year (2715)
Why do so many of yo (1348)
Shot in the arm for (1049)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (941)
Custom Jersey (540)
5 Gourmet Foods That (464)
looks like we have 2 (362)
Abu Bowl Ready (350)
The pets holiday din (226)
75 Best Bakeries in (184)
looks like we have 2 OL r
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
5 Gourmet Foods That Used
The Vent and Coaching cha
Shot in the arm for the D
Nosovitch/bowl/ question.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #1
bertoholic
THAT Damn Good

Male

CockyCash: 14152650
bertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot material
Default iphone 6?

Is there any news of speculation on when this might be released?

If you don't know now you know....
bertoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #2
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material
Default Re: iphone 6?

probably the day after I upgrade to the Iphone 5, lol
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Probably a long while.. I'd imagine an upgraded 5 (iPhone 5s maybe?) will come out sometime in 2013-14.. It's gone iPhone 3, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, now iPhone 5 so if Apple follows their trend, an upgraded 5 would be next. But who knows, they're tech ninjas and I'm just a broke college kid.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #4
lchite4
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
lchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talons

5s coming out this year, will start manufacturing in 3rd quarter
lchite4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #5
bertoholic
THAT Damn Good

Male

CockyCash: 14152650
bertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot material

What makes the 5s different?

If you don't know now you know....
bertoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
Jim Lahey
I'm on the white liqour

Male

CockyCash: 1000700
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

damn.. just got the 5... apple is starting to get ridiculous with this crap. i cant even tell a difference in the 4 that i had, and my new 5. except the screen size

Lim Jahey! Pleased to meet you, bud!
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #7
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertoholic View Post
The "s."
Old 04-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #8
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

CockyCash: 9182821
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
damn.. just got the 5... apple is starting to get ridiculous with this crap. i cant even tell a difference in the 4 that i had, and my new 5. except the screen size
You blind?
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #9
Todd803
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 272
Todd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Is there any news of speculation on when this might be released?
Will probably be 3rd quarter 2013 for a release. There are tons of websites to keep up with Apple products, but I find AppleInsider to be helpful LINK. I don't buy a bunch of electronic products but do find it fun to keep up on what is on the horizon.
You will also not really know what the difference is until a few weeks or days before the release, so if you want to upgrade or buy now it is best to compare to what is out now.

Here is 1 article speculating release. It is just a guess of course, no need to argue if it is right or not.

Last edited by Todd803; 04-03-2013 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Link
Todd803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #10
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

New iphones are out every September/Fall.. don't you guys know that? I'm still on the 4S and will be for awhile, love it.

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #11
Jonboy345
Android or die

Male

Jonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talons

Stop buying Apple garbage. As long as they make obnoxious profits selling the same thing over and over again they'll always be stuck doing the same thing.
Send a message and buy the new HTC One.
Jonboy345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #12
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

personally, the cell phone craze has passed me by. it just gets damn expensive to keep upgrading. they got you by the balls with the technology these days and they are laughing all the way to the brinks truck.

my samsung galaxy will be with me until it dies. it can do all i need and more. it has an app marketplace just like the others and a flashplayer.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #13
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

I usually keep a phone for AT LEAST two years... so that when my upgrade comes along I can get a phone much cheaper by just extending my contract. My current iPhone 4s is my first and only Smartphone so far and I love it. I'm just not one of those people that upgrades their phone every year.

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #14
CCC
Her Modness

Female

CockyCash: 101500
CCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot material

Quote:
I read an article yesterday that said the 5s is supposed to look exactly like the 5, but with an even faster processor and better camera. I have the 5 and I absolutely love it!

The article also said that Apple may be planning to make the 5s available in August versus their traditionally fall time frame in order to compete with Samsung.
CCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:03 PM   #15
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1373
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Supposedly it will release the last week in June, and start going for sale in July. I am dealing with a cracked iPhone 4, and didn't feel like upgrading last December, opting to wait for the 5s, so I for one cannot wait!
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:03 PM   #16
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
ive only got to play with a 5 for a bit but i have a 4s and one huge upgrade for me that the 5 has over the 4 is the 5 has alot better speakers, when you play music on that it will travel alot farther than mine i have now......idk if that matters to ppl but its pretty big as i use that at my job all the time
Old 04-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #17
Marshall4usc
Blue Chip

Male

Marshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
personally, the cell phone craze has passed me by. it just gets damn expensive to keep upgrading. they got you by the balls with the technology these days and they are laughing all the way to the brinks truck.

my samsung galaxy will be with me until it dies. it can do all i need and more. it has an app marketplace just like the others and a flashplayer.
Actually if you're paying for a data plan you're already paying a subsidy of the equipment so you might as well upgrade when you're eligible. You're already paying for it.

To the OP I've also read in several blogs 5s will be Q3 with mainly an upgraded camera as the selling feature. That's been the attack on the iPhone as of late. Also an upgraded home button (sensor) and heard the 6 will have fingerprint security. All hearsay though.

Marshall4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #18
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

Guy at apple store said it is going to have a projector on it
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #19
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

As soon as the figure out where they want to move the headphone jack on the new one.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #20
phdnumbaone
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 572
phdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spurs

Apple coming out with new phones every year doesn't mean you HAVE to go get it. I keep my iPhones until it's time to renew my contract (about every 2 yrs). I had the 3, 4, and now the 5. I just miss out on the "S" version, which is not a big deal since they're practically the same phones.
phdnumbaone is offline   Reply With Quote