CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
El Cid Ranger
WeStillOwnUSC
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
USCNowAndForever
gamecockgal
thekob
Gamecocks1137
COCKYTALKIN
SC Sandlapper
Interesting quotes f (2339)
Have you ever been s (1407)
Key for 2015 defense (886)
Tennessee Offense Br (883)
Skai Moore out for U (669)
Women's Team Ranked (571)
This season and recr (478)
Lebron makes Clevela (425)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (283)
Troubles in Tigertow (214)
Lebron makes Cleveland re
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw
USC Heritage Banner
Interesting quotes from D
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Brady Hoke Motivational S
Chances we win out now?

Old 04-05-2013, 09:29 PM   #1
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material
Default Gin

Any gin drinkers? For the better part of my adult life I've been a bourbon guy, but over the last couple years I've veered off toward gin. To me the difference between rot-gut and top shelf gin is more noticable than with bourbon. Not sure why. Rum, Scotch, Vodka, Tequilla (in that order) rarely get much use at our house, although we stock them all.

Anyway, got a favorite brand?

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #2
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material
Default Re: Gin

I'm a novice gin drinker, but it is starting to grow on me. When I go out and drink liquor it is either bourbon + coke, gin + tonic, or vodka + tonic/sprite.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #3
scfanohio
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
scfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talons

Tanqueray. Hands down. Nectar of the Gods.
scfanohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:20 PM   #4
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Bombay was my gin of choice.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:46 PM   #5
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Only liquor I do not drink. Bad experience at 19 scarred me for life.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:02 AM   #6
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194810
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfanohio View Post
Right you are!
GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:59 AM   #7
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Used to enjoy Gin and Tonics a good bit. Something about it just tasted good. But don't really drink liquor anymore. Mostly stick to beer these days.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:11 AM   #8
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

I used to be a Bombay sapphire fan, but now if I am having a gin and tonic I prefer Hendrick's with a slice of cucumber as opposed to lime. If you have not tried it this way, give it a shot..it is really good, especially on a super hot day
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:12 AM   #9
DELTOR
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
DELTOR has developed his gaff and talonsDELTOR has developed his gaff and talonsDELTOR has developed his gaff and talonsDELTOR has developed his gaff and talonsDELTOR has developed his gaff and talonsDELTOR has developed his gaff and talonsDELTOR has developed his gaff and talonsDELTOR has developed his gaff and talonsDELTOR has developed his gaff and talonsDELTOR has developed his gaff and talonsDELTOR has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via AIM to DELTOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfanohio View Post
Tanqueray is a good one for the mid-low price range. Definitely get it whenever I'm out. But spend a few more $$ and it's all about some Hendrick's.
DELTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:13 AM   #10
DELTOR
Recruit

Male

DELTOR has developed his gaff and talonsDELTOR has developed his gaff and talonsDELTOR has developed his gaff and talonsDELTOR has developed his gaff and talonsDELTOR has developed his gaff and talonsDELTOR has developed his gaff and talonsDELTOR has developed his gaff and talonsDELTOR has developed his gaff and talonsDELTOR has developed his gaff and talonsDELTOR has developed his gaff and talonsDELTOR has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via AIM to DELTOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
I used to be a Bombay sapphire fan, but now if I am having a gin and tonic I prefer Hendrick's with a slice of cucumber as opposed to lime. If you have not tried it this way, give it a shot..it is really good, especially on a super hot day
One of the most refreshing drinks to make right there.
DELTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #11
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
This stuff is great with either gin or vodka. Garnish with said cuke stick.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #12
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Hendrix is my go to.

I rarely drink it but one of my buddy's wife likes gun and tonic.

If I do drink gin it is in a gin basil smash during the spring.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #13
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

I'm usually a Hendrix drinker if I'm spending $$

I had this Tanqueray Rangpur Lime gin over the holidays and it really impressed me, I definitely recommend it
Attached Images

Old 04-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #14
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Bombay
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #15
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

I like vodka and gin; hate bourbon. I'll drink gin and tonic and vodka water. Beefeater is pretty good but hey I'm easy to please.

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #16
Garnet/Black Fan
Run Like 21

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Garnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his comb

They say gin will make you sin lol but ive come to find out New Amsterdam gin is great in moderation!!
Garnet/Black Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #17
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 16972586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Gen Simmons likes his cold.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:04 AM   #18
Drunkeneskimofo
is awesome.

Male

Drunkeneskimofo is USC mascot materialDrunkeneskimofo is USC mascot materialDrunkeneskimofo is USC mascot materialDrunkeneskimofo is USC mascot materialDrunkeneskimofo is USC mascot materialDrunkeneskimofo is USC mascot materialDrunkeneskimofo is USC mascot materialDrunkeneskimofo is USC mascot materialDrunkeneskimofo is USC mascot materialDrunkeneskimofo is USC mascot materialDrunkeneskimofo is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Drunkeneskimofo

I'm a big time gin fan.

Cardinal gin from North Carolina is delicious and my favorite gin overall. The Botanist (made in Islay, known for Scotch) is also quite good as is Bluecoat from Pennsylvania.

Nolet's is an amazing, but pricey gin. I've not mixed it with anything. I don't think I would either except for maybe vermouth to make a martini. It's very floral and I like it just fine neat.

While in Nashville for the Vandy game I visited Corsair distillery and picked up a bottle of their barrel aged gin. The barrels they use previously held their spiced rum. That stuff was amazing, but I'm not sure if they still make it.

Clemson University... you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
Drunkeneskimofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #19
GotSpurrier82
Keeper of the Booze

Female

CockyCash: 10000322
GotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GotSpurrier82

Seagram's Extra Dry is the most preferred at all the liquor stores I've ever worked at, and they've recently come out with a peach-flavored which is selling very well. New Amsterdam is starting to pick up speed as well.

Other brands that gin drinkers get without hesitation are Beefeater and Tanqueray. I am not a big gin fan, but we had a tasting of the Bombay Sapphire and I was pleasantly surprised. If you're in SC, look for a store than has mini bottles and try them that way. Otherwise, you may be stuck with a bigger bottle of something you don't like.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #20
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

Only gin drink I do is a Tom Collins. Prefer vodka tonic if I'm going that route.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote