CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
JaxcockFL
SMOTFS86
B-G
GregoryHouse
catdaddy66
Cockhornleghorn
doubledribble
JerseyBird
gamecockgal
2014 Subway Classic: (1957)
Props to Eric Hyman. (1407)
Former Gamecock root (1323)
Franks boy's are pla (1013)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (522)
Kentucky is dominati (496)
Bowl packages (439)
Chance of my lifetim (431)
Bruce!!! (360)
Franks boy's are playing
Has the window closed for
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
The Vent and Coaching cha
Question for those who ha
Decommitment from Texas A
official UFC thread. (new
Former Gamecock rooting f

Old 04-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #1
greatwhitecock
I'm Ya Huckleberry

Male

CockyCash: 600
greatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his comb
Default Autographed Football

This morning at Cherry Park in Rock Hill I participated in a Make a Wish walk to raise money for 26 wish kids here in S.C. They auctioned off a ball that was donated by Stephon Gilmores mom. Kudos to her. Anyhow it was signed by Gilmore, Alshon, Ingram, and Lattimore. The highest bid was 250 until I got it for 300. I'm pretty stoked as the money was for a great cause, and its my first autographs of any kind really. I hope to have Spurrier sign it too. What do you think the value of something like that would be? Just curious as I have no desire to sell it. Its mine now lol!
greatwhitecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Autographed Football

Value is tough to say...depends on what someone is willing to pay for it.

I see individual signed balls or dual signatures go for around $50-$150 on eBay usually.

I don't have intentions to sell anything I add to my collection, though.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #3
DA954BADBOY
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2110801
DA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot material

Maybe this site might help you out.

http://www.2-clicks-sportsmemorabili...ph-values.html
Old 04-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #4
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Ill tell you what a memorabilia guy would tell you, right now, with the point that those guys are in their careers, its monetary value is worth about as much as the football. Just being honest.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #5
greatwhitecock
I'm Ya Huckleberry

Male

CockyCash: 600
greatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his comb

Thanks. Like I said its just curiousity. I know one thing, it looks good where its at. Nice center piece. Ive only had season tix the past two years but Ive framed all my ticket stubs so far. I think its a nice start to my little Carolina shrine!
greatwhitecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #6
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Ill tell you what a memorabilia guy would tell you, right now, with the point that those guys are in their careers, its monetary value is worth about as much as the football. Just being honest.

That is pawn star bargaining.

Collectibles is a very speculative business. You would easy be able to get your money back or double it if you sell it to a gamecock booster today.

I do not know if you could value the ball by putting the ball on ebay for a few days and see how high the bidding goes. (You don't have to sell it if you set the reserve unreasonably high or just outbid the last winning bid - I do not know how legal that is though).

My final two cents is that whether you plan to sell or not, you should still get the football properly authenticated and appraised. You don't want something to happen to your house and then have the insurance company only give you the value of a regular old football. There are many places that will do this for you (http://www.beckett.com/) and you can even go to trade shows and get it done.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #7
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

its priceless to a die hard fan ... I would never sell it and brag to my friends

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #8
Eutaw Kid
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Eutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his comb

I have a good friend who has a gameball signed by almost all of the team (all of the major players) from the Gamecocks first bowl victory, the Carquest Bowl. What does anyone think it would go for?
Eutaw Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #9
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

I collect memorabilia, and often mutli-signed balls bring less money than single signed balls. Its just the way it is. Another factor is that at this point these guys aren't huge names. Gilmore and Ingram stuff isn't selling for that much right now. Alshon is about 2nd tier in terms of value of all 2012 rookies, and nobody is spending that much on Marcus' stuff since he is coming back from an injury.

I doubt the ball would ever go for $300 on the collectors market unless all 4 of them ended up in the hall of fame and charged outrageous amounts to sign stuff. Right now it isn't that difficult to get all 4 of them to sign so the value isn't there to a memorabilia collector.

A Carolina collector might would pay more, but it would depend on the person.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #10
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eutaw Kid View Post
I have a good friend who has a gameball signed by almost all of the team (all of the major players) from the Gamecocks first bowl victory, the Carquest Bowl. What does anyone think it would go for?
I doubt it would be that much, maybe $50? Hard to tell, it depends on a lot of factors. If any autographs are faded, it would be less. Overall condition would have a lot to do with it. Most collectors also won't touch anything that doesn't have a COA from a top of the line 3rd party source, so that hurts the value as well.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #11
Eutaw Kid
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Eutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his combEutaw Kid is developing his comb

I have NO doubt about the authenticity, and confident it can be authenticated by experts. Many of the signatures are hard to read, but all are legible. I just thought with it being the Cocks first bowl victory somebody would pay big bucks for it. There's no doubt in my mind he wouldn't sell it anyway. He's a huge fan.
Eutaw Kid is offline   Reply With Quote