CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
G&B
b381l
spareparts
sporkgod50
GoldenSpur7
ReadR00ster
Cockypantherfan
Gyle41386
**USC vs. Davidson G (4672)
SEC Network "Ta (1492)
Sunday college footb (485)
Early Pre-Season wom (470)
So who was the dude (447)
Ole Miss Projected R (446)
Acock reviews the SE (433)
Kentucky Inmate Star (419)
Get the SEC Network (416)
Tennessee hires Donn (400)
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
Does anyone have a link t
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2001 vs Sandstorm
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
SEC Network "Take It
Name a Gamecock
Ole Miss Projected RT Sta
FACIAL
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Old 04-11-2013, 12:00 AM   #1
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material
Default Ronaldo

To me he is the best player in the world at the moment.

One of the best athletes in the planet as well, here is a scientific documentary on him.

This is amazing stuff for coaches and young players.

Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:05 AM   #2
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ronaldo

did they test his hair?
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:10 AM   #3
CaptainObvious
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
CaptainObvious has hatched from the shell

Between him and Zlatan.
CaptainObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:14 AM   #4
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material

Im a big fan of his work ethic, unlike Messi, Ronaldo says he likes to be the best at everything.

There is a story that when he was younger, living in the Sporting Lisboa Academy, he was about 15, they found him at 3am working out at the gym, and they asked him what the heck he was doing, that he was supposed to be sleeping, and he answered.

"I am training, I have to get more muscle bc I want to be the best in the world."

The mentality of these people is what makes them the best of the best

Old 04-11-2013, 07:10 AM   #5
Legalman72
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 19477065
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

I'm still shocked that Isiah Thomas used a first rd pick on him. And then he choked his teammate. But he's always a Gamecock!
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:15 AM   #6
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I was about to think he had a double double last night?!! Hmm, guess not.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #7
CaptainObvious
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka View Post
Im a big fan of his work ethic, unlike Messi, Ronaldo says he likes to be the best at everything.

There is a story that when he was younger, living in the Sporting Lisboa Academy, he was about 15, they found him at 3am working out at the gym, and they asked him what the heck he was doing, that he was supposed to be sleeping, and he answered.

"I am training, I have to get more muscle bc I want to be the best in the world."

The mentality of these people is what makes them the best of the best

I like the fact that both C.Ro and Zlatan have the ability to great at all aspects, from the air and on the ground. While Messi is great, he's the size of an ant and his play in the air is laughable.

C.Ronaldo, Zlatan, and Bale have all emerged as the 3 best. Messi is just fortunate to have great talent around him and to have played with most of his team since being a teenager.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #8
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
I like the fact that both C.Ro and Zlatan have the ability to great at all aspects, from the air and on the ground. While Messi is great, he's the size of an ant and his play in the air is laughable.

C.Ronaldo, Zlatan, and Bale have all emerged as the 3 best. Messi is just fortunate to have great talent around him and to have played with most of his team since being a teenager.
Messi is a dribbling machine with tremendous ball control and a very accurate mid range shot.

the athletism of messi is prob above average but his technique is what makes him a great player.

messi reminds me of allen iverson, no the most athletic but still great players for their size.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:48 AM   #9
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Messi is great. IMO, he is better than Ronaldo at this moment. Of course, there are players that were better than Ronaldo in their prime such as Beckham, Ronaldhino (sp), Zidane, Carlos, etc. Ronaldo is a flopper, but he has unbelievable ball control

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #10
CaptainObvious
Banned

Male

I've always like C.Ronaldo but I have to admit I used to get irate with his flopping and whining. I'm glad he has calmed down on that aspect of his game. His ability is truly fascinating. It will be interesting to see if he plans to stay at Real.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #11
CaptainObvious
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Messi is great. IMO, he is better than Ronaldo at this moment. Of course, there are players that were better than Ronaldo in their prime such as Beckham, Ronaldhino (sp), Zidane, Carlos, etc. Ronaldo is a flopper, but he has unbelievable ball control
You were doing so well until you added the Beckham part. Beckham has always been a great set piece scorer but the rest of his game was average or above avg. Zidane was a beast and Ronaldinho was great with his feet but his overall ability isn't on par with C.Ronaldo.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #12
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
You were doing so well until you added the Beckham part. Beckham has always been a great set piece scorer but the rest of his game was average or above avg. Zidane was a beast and Ronaldinho was great with his feet but his overall ability isn't on par with C.Ronaldo.
Beckham is great at set pieces, but have you ever watched him as a distributor? He can drop the ball on a dime anywhere on the field. It is unreal. That is what makes him a great midfielder

Old 04-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #13
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
I'm still shocked that Isiah Thomas used a first rd pick on him. And then he choked his teammate. But he's always a Gamecock!
Ugh this is Christiano Renaldo....Not Renaldo Balkman smh
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #14
CaptainObvious
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Beckham is great at set pieces, but have you ever watched him as a distributor? He can drop the ball on a dime anywhere on the field. It is unreal. That is what makes him a great midfielder

Yes, if you compare him to Ronaldo's ability to strike, score, set pieces, headers, his scissors when on the ball, it's not even close. Ronaldo is unique in having the total package of skill, speed, and size. I will say, Zlatan can and has done some amazing things.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #15
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

ronaldinho is prob the flashiest player ever, he was just so hood, he was a complete show but the argument againts ronaldo is legit, its a close one.

beckam has no business in this conversation, he was just a great free kicker and crosser.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:04 PM   #16
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka View Post
ronaldinho is prob the flashiest player ever, he was just so hood, he was a complete show but the argument againts ronaldo is legit, its a close one.

beckam has no business in this conversation, he was just a great free kicker and crosser.
What???

You ever see Johan Cruyff????

Old 04-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #17
Legalman72
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 19477065
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime843 View Post
Ugh this is Christiano Renaldo....Not Renaldo Balkman smh
Ha! Sorry, I knew. Lived in Europe for 3 years. Was looking for a chuckle but guess I came off too serious.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #18
WE_ARE
Mr. BIG COCK

Male

CockyCash: 200
WE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudly

I though this was a Balkman thread .....
WE_ARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #19
BlakelyH19
4-Star

Male

BlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE_ARE View Post
You're not the only one
Old 04-11-2013, 10:23 PM   #20
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
Ha! Sorry, I knew. Lived in Europe for 3 years. Was looking for a chuckle but guess I came off too serious.
I got it was about to do the same until I read yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WE_ARE View Post
Would probably get more responses if it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakelyH19 View Post
You're not the only one
Was my first thought until I read the first post.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote