CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
BigRedCock
robgusc76
NinjaSven
Gamecockswag
TAFC 5 1981
cockybreeyan
Gaichon
Freshman ND WR " (663)
Call of Duty: Advanc (490)
Good Riddance to bad (385)
Keeping tailgate foo (282)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (242)
An A to Z of Noah We (166)
The Comeback & T (83)
NCAAF: MICHIGAN @ MI (66)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (66)
NCAAF: SOUTHERN CAL (65)
Why I think we beat Aubur
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
Bashing Players, coaches,
SEC Debate: Best candidat
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Texas athletic director:
Rest of the season predic
So Disappointed With The

Old 04-11-2013, 05:00 PM   #1
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material
Default Georgia game

Just sitting here thinking.. the georgia game is already kinda scary to me. Aaron murray at home is pretty damn good. Do yall think we will come out of athens with a win?
Old 04-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #2
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

CockyCash: 400
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Georgia game

We will win. I love the fact we play them 2nd game after they play Clemson. Hopefully UGA's defense will wear down over 4 quarters of no huddle offensive confusion from clemson. Then we can wear them down the following week with 4 quarters of holding the ball & keeping their defense on the field for awhile. This while containing murray and their running game on our end defensively and we should win. They'll have a lot to prepare for week 1 against Clemson. Might have to show their hand defensively on a lot of stuff they might have kept under wraps for us if they were playing say UL Monroe week 1 instead.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
Sugedatdude
Cocky Que

Male

CockyCash: 500
Sugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spurs

I live in Atlanta, and I was talking to some UGA fans at the gym that went to their spring game this past weekend...

They really do fear JD Clowney. One guy told me that Theus was moved to LT this spring for the sole purpose of prepping for Clowney in Week 2.

I think we'll win again this year.
Sugedatdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #4
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Well, I was going to say that historically, we always play them better when it's the second game of the season.

That, and like Coach always says...they usually have a few suspensions going on when we play them early ;)

But then we whipped up on that candy ass this past year in the middle of the season...so the whole "we play them better early on" thing is out the window.

They will be worn down after a battle with Clemson. We win easily.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:22 PM   #5
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Haven't been scared of Murray for 3 years. Why start now?
Old 04-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #6
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 461300
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
Haven't been scared of Murray for 3 years. Why start now?
Some one should ask Murray if he is afraid of Clowney
cockybusiness2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #7
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

i wouldnt say scary, but any game against a good team you should expect it not to be easy. what makes me optimistic 5 months away from the game is we should of the 4 guys back from the secondary who did a good job on the wr's. the dline should be as good as it was last year. if we can contain their running game i like our chances.

their defense is a bit of an unknown at this point. clemson will be good for something for once as we'll see how georgia does against their passing and shotgun runs.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #8
klempsux
So down with OPP

Male

CockyCash: 531
klempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot material

Who's this Erin Murray chick? She hot?
klempsux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #9
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I really think that UGA will be our hardest test next year. Even though we get them early, they will be loaded compared to years past.

The good news is they have Clemson early, and we get UNC on a Thursday night, so we'll have extra time to prepare.

Road SEC games are always tough, and they're going to want our game worse than any on their schedule next year.

The good news is that our schedule is set up so that we could lose that game and still make it to Atlanta.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #10
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

I'm sure they'll be throwing everything they can at Clowney, though that strategy has a couple of downsides. First of all, the other 3 DL are talented enough to make them pay for paying too much attention to Clowney + as last year, Ward will likely just move Clowney around if they try to put a TE over the tackle.
Bobo will likely try to expose our inexperienced LBs and limit the rush with lots of short passes to the TEs and RBs. We'll probably pound them with Davis and Wilds+ some bombs to keep the safeties out of the box. We win in a close one. (Well... closer than last years curb-stomping.)
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #11
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

CockyCash: 400
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
I really think that UGA will be our hardest test next year. Even though we get them early, they will be loaded compared to years past.

The good news is they have Clemson early, and we get UNC on a Thursday night, so we'll have extra time to prepare.

Road SEC games are always tough, and they're going to want our game worse than any on their schedule next year.

The good news is that our schedule is set up so that we could lose that game and still make it to Atlanta.
How ironic would this be?
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:57 PM   #12
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

I dont see why we shouldn't come out with a victory, yes they have the home field advantage but we have beat them at home. Murray is a "good" QB who has only defeated 2 top 25 teams in his whole career. They are replacing their whole defense and multiple top draft picks, and we can expect 4 or more starters to be suspended. Experience cannot be taught and their whole defense is inexperienced. Murray is also extremely terrified of Clowney, and wont get any sleep just like last season. I'm sure the pressure of his fans egging his house is also on his mind. They are going to have a good offense, but offense only gets you so far. If we stop the run we will win, because it will be a long day in the backfield for Murray.
JDRAY^# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #13
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

UGA is going to be a test for our young LBs. Gurshall scares me more than Murray, this year atleast.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #14
Mechanical Cock
Blue Chip

Male

Mechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudly

Keep gurley and marshall from reaching a corner like we did last year and we check a box we need to win. But right now no one should think we are favored to win.

Im also concerned that i haven't heard of any of their players getting arrested yet. Not sure what the deal is with that.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #15
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

They do replace a boatload on D. I would be more scared if we played em week 6 again. I'm cautiously optimistic. Plus, ill be there!
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #16
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Georgia fans are worried about Clowney but probably relieved no Lattimore
Old 04-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #17
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
Just sitting here thinking.. the georgia game is already kinda scary to me.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #18
Kuhn
Starter

Male

Kuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudly

Clowney will win the Heisman if he dominates and we beat Georgia. I'm hoping he gets Murray in an airplane-spin and tosses him into the stands.
Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #19
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Do I think we win? Honestly, no! Our linebackers are playing in their first road game, in a tough stadium, and they're going to blown up by Murray. You must be crazy if you think I was serious. We will own ugay's ass again.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #20
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhn View Post
Clowney will win the Heisman if he dominates and we beat Georgia. I'm hoping he gets Murray in an airplane-spin and tosses him into the stands.
You think the second week of the season determines the Heisman? lol @ you.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote