CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Latti
ReadR00ster
U-Dub Gamecock
rosstheboss
Bobby Boucher
usc1
b381l
acejrock
NJCocky14
roosterdude21
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (8055)
Super-Efficient Ax (334)
South Carolina @ Aub (288)
BREAD (269)
Starz Black Sails (174)
Dress shirt help (172)
BREAD
Connor Mitch
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2015 - Auden Tate
Josh Cunningham Power For
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
2016 - Greg Little
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
How to cut the mustard
Larenz Bryant update?

Old 04-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #1
ib4theusc
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
ib4theusc is sharpening his clawsib4theusc is sharpening his clawsib4theusc is sharpening his clawsib4theusc is sharpening his clawsib4theusc is sharpening his claws
Default Fan Uniform Thread

Went to the Spring Game with a buddy of mine from Va Tech and my disappoinment in the quality of our fanbase has finally boiled over. It has been getting there for awhile. It is unbeleivable the classless trashy look that some of our fans show. Most of it all starts with these Jewelry Warehouse tshirts with slogans on them that I bet most clemson fans would die to have. My buddy from Va Tech pointed this out and wanted to know if they did not sell normal Carolina coaches golf shirts and normal khaki shorts or pants in SC. People everywhere strolling around in jean shorts with tshirts with things like "we bust ours to kick yours" or "we are Cocky for a reason" on the front and back. I remember when we played FSU a few years back, there was this couple in front of me with matching jewelry warehouse tshirts that said "our tomacock is bigger than your tomahawk". WTF? Do people not realize what a trashy representation of Carolina this shows? Sadder thing is people dress thier kids in this stuff...going ahead and letting the next generation know how "cool" this is. They really need to examine themselves if they think this is cool. Our football program has made strides in the past few years; really sad our fans cannot do the same. Embarrassing....
ib4theusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #2
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Fan Uniform Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib4theusc View Post
Went to the Spring Game with a buddy of mine from Va Tech and my disappoinment in the quality of our fanbase has finally boiled over. It has been getting there for awhile. It is unbeleivable the classless trashy look that some of our fans show. Most of it all starts with these Jewelry Warehouse tshirts with slogans on them that I bet most clemson fans would die to have. My buddy from Va Tech pointed this out and wanted to know if they did not sell normal Carolina coaches golf shirts and normal khaki shorts or pants in SC. People everywhere strolling around in jean shorts with tshirts with things like "we bust ours to kick yours" or "we are Cocky for a reason" on the front and back. I remember when we played FSU a few years back, there was this couple in front of me with matching jewelry warehouse tshirts that said "our tomacock is bigger than your tomahawk". WTF? Do people not realize what a trashy representation of Carolina this shows? Sadder thing is people dress thier kids in this stuff...going ahead and letting the next generation know how "cool" this is. They really need to examine themselves if they think this is cool. Our football program has made strides in the past few years; really sad our fans cannot do the same. Embarrassing....
For the longest time, I think our fanbase had the mentality that any win was worthy of making a shirt for. I personally will never buy a shirt commemorating a win over clempson, or Alabama, and that's just to give you two extremes in my mind. Back in that day, that's all there was to celebrate. You beat UGA or Clempson and go .500, that was the prize for the year. Shirts and hats for championships is another matter, but that will hopefully come with time.

All of that said, people have the right to wear what they like, and if there is enough demand people will buy it. It is not something I prefer, and I hope it goes away eventually, but I think it will take some time.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Sounds like someone has a disdain for Garnet and black Traditions

Solid first post, though. Starting out with the wheels rolling is always a good way to go.
Give a larbage, throw out your garbage.
Metalrush24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #4
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Wow..

I haven't worn a t-shirt to a game since I was young. I stick with a UA polo and khaki shorts/pants. But this isn't UVA or Auburn where everyone dresses like it's a horse race. I spotted a couple of jean shorts the other day and got a laugh in. But in no way am I embarrassed by these people. We don't exactly have a wine and cheese crowd and I enjoy that. What other fans wear to a game has zero effect on me.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #5
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

I have a shirt from Parents Weekend against E. Michigan...just saying.

Not everyone dresses alike. Let people wear what they want. Would you like to poke fun of the fraternity members who wear shirt/ties as well? You should know by now that if someone can find a way to put a clever "cock" reference into a phrase its going on a tshirt.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #6
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Tell your friend to go Home.... this isnt a fashion contest its a spring game in 85degree weather

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:00 PM   #7
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

I don't have a problem with it.
I personally don't buy it because I don't like shirts that give recognition to other schools.
I stick with the basic garnet shirt with Carolina on the front...or a hoody with Carolina on the front.

But that is just me...simple and to the point.
Would wear polos, but don't feel like spending $50 on a shirt just because it has Carolina on it and is made by UnderArmour.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #8
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194811
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material

So did you actually watch the game or were you just there to provide fashion commentary? Great first post!
GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:05 PM   #9
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

I didn't know we had a dress code for our games.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #10
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Could have something to do with the fact that this was a free game. The fan bases cleans up pretty well when it is the students and season ticket holders attending the regular games.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #11
bryarx
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

There should only be 7 approved shirts to wear, and either khaki or black pants. I'm not communist I swear!

PS: There is a dress code for section 506. Muted colors only.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #12
FilchCock
4-Star

Male

FilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPit

They are in Garnet and Black right? Treat them with more friendship and less disdain.
FilchCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #13
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 25308312
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

Are you counting 10 year olds towards this rant?

I don't remember seeing anybody older than 12 wearing shirts like that.
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #14
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

While we're on the topic..

Could we do something with the fans singing the Alma Mater? I mean, the sopranos were COMPLETELY off and the Tenors were a bit flat. I do NOT want this university represented by such scoundrels, who debase the good name of the school of music with their poor tone.
Give a larbage, throw out your garbage.
Metalrush24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #15
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Ya'll ever been to a game in Tuscaloosa, Alabama?
/case closed.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #16
CHSgc
Recruit

Male

CHSgc is learning to peckCHSgc is learning to peck

Agree 5000%. The way some of the fans dress at games is deplorable. It's a public, University-sponsored event... take some pride in your appearance.
CHSgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #17
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
Could have something to do with the fact that this was a free game. The fan bases cleans up pretty well when it is the students and season ticket holders attending the regular games.
Points to the OP for hitting the nail on the head, and for you for pointing this out.

I was at UGA's Spring game as well and they had a number of people there that looked like they were straight out of central casting for "Deliverance". Spring Football is free, and therefore an easy way for folks to watch Carolina without having to do anything but show up. Thus bringing in a few lower tier fans. I think this happens at every major public university.

But to the OP: Spot on!

I wonder if a lot of folks in our fan base even have mirrors.

Nothing makes me more nauseous than dudes strutting around with t-shirts from JW, rolled up sleeves, carpenter jorts, all-white New Balance cross-trainers, and a 200 pound "old lady" hanging off their right arm.

Embarrassing.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #18
CHSgc
Recruit

Male

CHSgc is learning to peckCHSgc is learning to peck

The "Party Like a Cockstar" t-shirt has made me on several occasions give serious thought to filing a lawsuit against its designer.
CHSgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #19
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

This reminds me of that old thread about wearing jerseys to games.

It is a football game. Wear whatever the hell you want to wear...jerseys, t-shirts, polos...who cares?

Williams-Brice Stadium...not Williams-Brice Country Club.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:35 PM   #20
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194811
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalrush24 View Post
While we're on the topic..

Could we do something with the fans singing the Alma Mater? I mean, the sopranos were COMPLETELY off and the Tenors were a bit flat. I do NOT want this university represented by such scoundrels, who debase the good name of the school of music with their poor tone.
I totally agree! I also think the Coca-Cola machines do not have the correct proportion of syrup to water. This offends my sensibilities, and I think the university can do better than this.
GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote