CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
bcolinc
JerseyBird
ConwayGamecock
Latti
usc1
kingofnerf
FanofCarolina1
Seladen
Gamecocks1137
The Yancey
**USC vs. Clemson GA (4595)
looks like we have 2 (1821)
Decommitment from Te (768)
Beat Miami (715)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBA (566)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (545)
Frank Martin's Game (542)
Garcia and Clemsux T (536)
Cleveland Browns Hea (475)
Need a dog kennel (186)
Tanner McEvoy to start fo
Cleveland Browns Headshot
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
Bowl packages
So, why is next year goin
Four USC Basketball Games
Beat Miami
Previewing Clemson
2015 - Mark Fields
Decommitment from Texas A

Old 04-19-2013, 12:53 AM   #1
GoCocks09CSOL
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 239530
GoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his comb
Default Ms. B's Southern Kitchen - West Columbia

Hey CTers,

I wanted to make a post here just to let everyone know, in case you haven't heard about this new restaurant in West Columbia.

It's called Ms. B's Southern Kitchen. It's at 1213 Sunset Blvd in West Columbia. It's in the spot where the old Sunset Grill/Southern Skillet used to be. It's owned by the same guys that own Doc's BBQ and Southern Way Catering. A close friend of mine from Carolina started working for them a couple of years ago after graduation and opened this new restaurant a few months ago and it's his baby. His name is Jesse Bullard and he named the place after his grandmother, who supposedly made some mean fried chicken many years ago.

It's buffet-style country cooking and it's pretty darn good. The fried chicken is really good and they have different specials that change all the time. They have multiple dining rooms and can accommodate parties or events too. I actually haven't been in a while because I live in Charleston, but I wanted to get the word out about it on CT.

You can check out the Facebook page here: http://goo.gl/0dW5x

If you're in the mood for some pretty good country food, consider giving it a shot!

Also, just for proper disclosure: I am in no way affiliated with Ms. B's, the entity that owns and operates Ms. B's. I have nothing to gain by spreading the word about the restaurant, except maybe some free food from my friend.

Last edited by GoCocks09CSOL; 04-24-2013 at 05:22 PM.
GoCocks09CSOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:07 AM   #2
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ms. B's Southern Kitchen - West Columbia

I've seen the place and always thought about going but never have. I think it used to be called Southern Skillet or something like that
Old 04-22-2013, 12:12 AM   #3
Gamecock1983
I kill threads.

Male

CockyCash: 10204
Gamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPit

I had Sunday lunch there when it was the Southern Skillet. I just noticed today (driving by) that the name had changed. I'll have to give it a shot sometime.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:14 AM   #4
Sir Cuss
Two Deep

Female

CockyCash: 500
Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

Been there. Friggin' delicious.

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #5
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

I'll try to talk my wife into going to a new place. She does love fried chicken. Would be nice if they had dinner hours though :(
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #6
GoCocks09CSOL
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 239530
GoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryarx View Post
I'll try to talk my wife into going to a new place. She does love fried chicken. Would be nice if they had dinner hours though :(
I know they do dinner on the weekends and may be moving that direction during the week too. They stumbled a little bit at the beginning and had to scale back their hours a little bit to stop the bleeding. From what I hear, things are picking back up and the hours should be opening up with that.

Give it a shot if you get the chance, it's pretty good grub.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:02 PM   #7
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit

Tried out this place today for the first time today. It is a little bit more expensive than I would want to spend on lunch on a routine basis, but the food is good for the money. The fried chicken, fried pork chop, and Mac & cheese were all delicious. The pecan pie crumble was a tasty spin on traditional pecan pie.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #8
Todd803
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 272
Todd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
Tried out this place today for the first time today. It is a little bit more expensive than I would want to spend on lunch on a routine basis, but the food is good for the money. The fried chicken, fried pork chop, and Mac & cheese were all delicious. The pecan pie crumble was a tasty spin on traditional pecan pie.
How much is the Lunch Buffet?
Todd803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:27 PM   #9
Clemsonfan
Recruit

Male

Clemsonfan has feathers coming inClemsonfan has feathers coming inClemsonfan has feathers coming in

Very good. The Mac is great and the Peach Cobbler is the best I've had. The sweet tea is good also
Clemsonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:28 PM   #10
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd803 View Post
How much is the Lunch Buffet?
I think it was around $11
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #11
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Mr.B's is slamming.