CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
COCKYTALKIN
Spurticus
b381l
sanford
thekob
usc1
B-G
TAFC 5 1981
Master Bedroom
markp_vip
Lattimore Sidelined (1063)
Gurley or Davis (1043)
Expect A Healthy Dos (826)
Steve Spurrier - Say (773)
Coach's media golf p (491)
A house just blew up (360)
college football mat (355)
South Carolina Footb (355)
Minda Kacinas Q& (180)
iPhone repair (150)
Gamecock Showcase Attende
2016 - Bryan Edwards
Official SEC Network and
iPhone repair
2014-15 Premier League se
Expect A Healthy Dose of
3-4 defense my interpreta
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
Kick e'm Horns!
Need 2 tickets for East C

Old 04-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
lchite4
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
lchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comb
Default True Defensive Player Knocking on Door of Heisman

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...oor-of-heisman

Quote:
If Clowney doesn't win the Heisman this year," Huston said, "I don't think a pure defensive player can do it.
lchite4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:25 AM   #2
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit
Default Re: True Defensive Player Knocking on Door of Heisman

That sums it up.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:45 AM   #3
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Suh shouldve won the Heisman his last year at Nebraska
Old 04-20-2013, 03:30 AM   #4
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

edit:
Old 04-20-2013, 07:45 AM   #5
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3462
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

The best thing about all these articles is the comments. I see the sore losers from Michigan are still butt hurt.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:54 AM   #6
lakemurraycock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 357
lakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudly

Love this quote from a Clemson fan..
"
DOLPHINDAN1
1 day ago it isnt so much about the hit itself but the hit, jarring the ball loose and then how he picked it up basically mid tackle with one hand, like a jar of peanut butter...I am a Clemson fan and stilll love seeing that play...the dude is a beast and he has our QB so scared he cant even function against SC...Will he win the Heisman? Doubtful but he is a game changer and fun to watch"
lakemurraycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #7
Sonofacock
Mothershouldibuilthedwall

Male

Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakemurraycock View Post
Love this quote from a Clemson fan..
"
DOLPHINDAN1
1 day ago it isnt so much about the hit itself but the hit, jarring the ball loose and then how he picked it up basically mid tackle with one hand, like a jar of peanut butter...I am a Clemson fan and stilll love seeing that play...the dude is a beast and he has our QB so scared he cant even function against SC...Will he win the Heisman? Doubtful but he is a game changer and fun to watch"
Class
Old 04-30-2013, 09:47 AM   #8
laki888
Banned

Male

laki888 has hatched from the shell

Such a great player Heisman i am too much crazy fan of the Heisman because i like this game just for the playing of Heisman really amazing douge player to his opponent in the field..
laki888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:53 AM   #9
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by laki888 View Post
Such a great player Heisman i am too much crazy fan of the Heisman because i like this game just for the playing of Heisman really amazing douge player to his opponent in the field..
Huh??
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #10
Method34
Walk On

Male

Method34 is learning to peck

Quote:
Too many Labatt Blue's this morning?
Method34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:09 AM   #11
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Anyone else think the OSU CB came off like a dbag in that interview? Also to act like CB is the only place your mistakes are noticed...has he not watched the scrutiny a QB gets? The QB can make perfect read and play and the WR can cause it to be an INT. Guess who gets the blame? The QB.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:15 AM   #12
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 200
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

I just want Jadaveon to take care of business on the field! If that helps the team win, and he gets awards because of it.......great! I just don't want Clowney to lose sight of the real prize in my eyes...... and that is an SEC Championship! If Jadaveon takes care of business on the field, with the help of his teammates, the rest will fall into place!
Old 04-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #13
Berry
Sherlock

Male

CockyCash: 17578666
Berry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
EH??
FIFY
Old 04-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #14
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
You'll have to translate. We don't speak Canadian round these parts....

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #15
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

This guy is a fool....he says South Carolina is not a national powerhouse and there are 16 other schools that have Heismans. UMMMMM he never mentioned South Carolina as being one of those 16...so yeah this guy knows nothing.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #16
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

I don't think he will win it unless we go undefeated and win it all. Its to hard for a pure defensive player. Teddy Bridgewater has to be a preseason front runner and as much as I don't want to admit it tajh could have a a shot but we will knock him off of that list
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:04 PM   #17
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocklover View Post
This guy is a fool....he says South Carolina is not a national powerhouse and there are 16 other schools that have Heismans. UMMMMM he never mentioned South Carolina as being one of those 16...so yeah this guy knows nothing.
He says we aren't a traditional power. Which is correct

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:33 PM   #18
Spartan
Blue Chip

Male

Spartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocklover View Post
The article said only 16 have won since 1990. George Rogers won it in 1980. Of those 16, most of them are what you would consider 'traditional' powerhouses.

I've always felt like the traditional powerhouse teams bias media reporting (ie: ESPN filming So.Cal's spring game and not USC's) so it wouldn't surprise me if it influences Heisman voting too. But then, Robert Griffin won the thing, and nobody considers Baylor a national power.

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #19
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

national powerhouses influence all voting...it's a joke as usual