CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
thekob
Lonnie
elcid99
COCKYTALKIN
Roosterboy
ertman420
garnet_black215
Master Bedroom
USCBASEBALL1
Clemson Recruiting.. (4705)
Clowney Spares RB Bi (2065)
Hello Gamecocks! (810)
Marching band (742)
John Rocker at rock (731)
My predictions for 2 (445)
Muschamp + fan = win (365)
Section 16 (361)
Good Article on Aubu (268)
Does anyone know how (264)
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
NCAA Concussion Settlemen
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
2016 Commitment - Kyle Da
2015 Commitment - Marquav
Tennessee
Question on Student Secti
2015 - Dallas Warmack - A
Gamecock Coaches as Recru
My predictions for 2014

Old 04-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #1
Garnet/Black Fan
Run Like 21

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Garnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his comb
Default Thinking about the nfl draft this week

With the NFL draft coming up this week, i was just wondering what Gamecocks in this years draft do yall think will be the first to go and which one has the most success or upside?

I personally think D.J. represents our school's first pick, but i think if Lattimore gets healthy and can go by mid-season he could have a great career.

Obviously we cant predict where they will go or what kind of shape the team is in, but its
fun to speculate.
Garnet/Black Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #2
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material
Default Re: Thinking about the nfl draft this week

DJ probably will be the first Gamecock taken in the draft, but I could also see guys like Damario Jeffery and and Devonte Holloman possibly going in round 6 or 7.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
acrh10
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
acrh10 has earned his spursacrh10 has earned his spursacrh10 has earned his spursacrh10 has earned his spursacrh10 has earned his spursacrh10 has earned his spursacrh10 has earned his spurs

Damario Jeffery is not getting drafted.
acrh10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #4
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrh10 View Post
Damario Jeffery is not getting drafted.
Probably not, but I think he will get a look as an undrafted FA and I believe he can make a squad.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
NJGCfan
5* Recruit

Male

NJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talons

DJ: Round 2-3
Lattimore: 3-4
Holloman: 6
Jerideau: Maybe 7
Everyone else will be UFA's
Old 04-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #6
G&B
ferk it

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

I wouldn't be surprised to see latti be the first pick from SC given all the media coverage about his recovery. I think he will go late 2 or early 3...DJ more likely middle 3.

"Relativity is relative" - V. Smith
G&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #7
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

I would speculate Swearinger going first, likely 2nd round. I'd guess Taylor will go next, 3rd or 4th. Lattimore may go 4th to 5th. Holloman should go by the 6th. After that, I see Jerideau, Damario, TJ, and Ace as possible 6th or 7th rounders. I'd like to see Cunningham, Auguste, and Shaq go, but see them more as FA tryouts.

Last edited by Goofyboy; 04-21-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #8
Legalman72
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 19718410
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Taylor will definitely get drafted.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:41 AM   #9
JohnnyB21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 720
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

The way Jerideau balled in that senior game turned some heads. For his size he's an athletic freak, and no dummy by any means, I can see him in the 4th-5th. Maybe higher in this weak class. Whoever gets him, gets a steal.

34-17 29-7 34-13 27-17 31-17

Coming for #6 next season!!!

154-71 in past 5 seasons against Clemson.
JohnnyB21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #10
CockaThaWalk
Kick Dawgs Peel Taters

Male

CockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB21 View Post
The way Jerideau balled in that senior game turned some heads. For his size he's an athletic freak, and no dummy by any means, I can see him in the 4th-5th. Maybe higher in this weak class. Whoever gets him, gets a steal.
Just got word that the Packers worked out big Byron and they are high on him.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #11
RphBallCoach
Blue Chip

Male

RphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervous

My Dirty birds are gonna take Cunningham and he will play once TG leaves.
RphBallCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:49 AM   #12
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

Lattimore goes first, in a surprise early pick that no one saw coming, a la Tim Tebow.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #13
Garnet 4 Life 81
Banned

Male

Garnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellafever View Post
Lattimore goes first, in a surprise early pick that no one saw coming, a la Tim Tebow.
I hope so
Garnet 4 Life 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #14
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
I don't think that happens. I doubt he goes before the 4th round from a few NFL folks I know.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #15
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Swearinger - 2nd Round
Taylor - 5th Round
Lattimore - 5th Round

The rest will be FA's.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:18 PM   #16
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Depends on the x-rays.
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #17
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Swearinger-2nd
Taylor-3rd-4th
Sanders-4th-5th
Lattimore-4th-5th
Jerideau-6th
Holloman-7th
JDRAY^# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #18
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRAY^# View Post
Swearinger-2nd
Taylor-3rd-4th
Sanders-4th-5th
Lattimore-4th-5th
Jerideau-6th
Holloman-7th
Sanders won't get drafted...his 40 time really hurt him
Old 04-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #19
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Sanders won't get drafted...his 40 time really hurt him
I bet he gets drafted we just have to wait and see. 40 really isnt that big of a deal, you rarely run 40 yards straight. Scouts were really impressed with his route running and explosion after the catch. He also has his PR and KR abilities. Him catching 3 balls off the punt return at pro day was ridiculous.
JDRAY^# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:46 AM   #20
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&B View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see latti be the first pick from SC given all the media coverage about his recovery. I think he will go late 2 or early 3...DJ more likely middle 3.
Probably an accurate guess.