CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Spurticus
TAFC 5 1981
sanford
usc1
gamecockgal
Gamecockfanatic4
smoovecock
StormOfTalons
robgusc76
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
Jaguars Justin Black (848)
Spurrier vs Saban (804)
Kansas to invest $75 (757)
When does fall pract (725)
An Air Algerie Fligh (279)
Frank Caliendo + Mor (268)
Anyone Switching to (259)
Expect A Healthy Dos (253)
Darth Vader 'Vette (191)
Signee James Thompson arr
Texags
Coach's media golf press
Stephen Garcia AMA on Red
2015 - Nathan Gilliam
2015 - Amonte Caban
Baseball Recruiting Threa
Places to eat in Conway?
Spurrier vs Saban
Another A&M aggie off

Old 04-21-2013, 06:25 AM   #1
GamecockSHEP
fatfunnyguy.blogspot.com

Male

CockyCash: 36110
GamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot material
Default Fishing

I'm coming to Columbia Tuesday and staying through Thursday. I will be at the Staybridge on Huger. Any ideas on a close fishing spot????
GamecockSHEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #2
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSHEP View Post
I'm coming to Columbia Tuesday and staying through Thursday. I will be at the Staybridge on Huger. Any ideas on a close fishing spot????
Under the Gervais Street bridge near the condos across from EdVenture.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Lobster tank at a local grocery store?
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #4
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

Pet's Supplies Plus in 5 points has a great selection of fish. Its on Harden near the Cookout.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:02 PM   #5
Jonboy345
Android or die

Male

CockyCash: 500
Jonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Go to the other side of the River from Columbia, find the West Columbia/Cayce Riverwalk and profit.

It's approx. 3 miles long and there are many places to fish along the trail. Look for small foot trails towards the river and you'll find the fishing spots. The more secluded the better.

Last edited by Jonboy345; 04-21-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Jonboy345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #6
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

^what he said, He is a river guide and knows the area. i know this because i guided with him.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:46 AM   #7
Garnet/Black Fan
Run Like 21

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Garnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his comb

Probably not close enough, but Lake Murray is great for rock fish..ive caught some really big striper out there as well as a boat load (literally) of catfish.
Garnet/Black Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #8
GamecockSHEP
fatfunnyguy.blogspot.com

Male

GamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot material

Dinner is served at 5:30. I will be rolling out after I grab some food. Can't wait to go wet my worm.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:40 AM   #9
GamecockSHEP
fatfunnyguy.blogspot.com

Male

Did not do well at the river. Any thing at Murray that's not too far of a haul. Any particularly decent pull offs???
Old 04-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #10
bryarx
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

A lot of Murray is lined with houses. If you park on the Irmo side of the dam and walk down the actual dam itself (on the rocks) I've heard of people catching Striper there. If you drive to the Lexington side of the dam, you can go in Lake World and just ask them what's up. Gonna be hard without a boat I'd imagine though.

Most public access is limited to landings (not usually the best for fishing other than bream). To get to some public lake shore, you'd have to go to Billy Dreher Island I'd guess. Which is about what, 35-40 minutes from downtown. And I don't have much to offer by way of a 'good spot' from the shore there.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:26 AM   #11
Jonboy345
Android or die

Male

Jonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Did not do well at the river. Any thing at Murray that's not too far of a haul. Any particularly decent pull offs???

Hmmm. That's unfortunate. Hate to hear it...

You could the James R. Metts landing off Corley Mill Rd.

Take I-126 to I-20W to 378. Take a right off the ramp, and first right off of 378 onto Corley Mill Road.

Approx 2-3 miles down Corley Mill look for a "Sheriff James R. Metts Landing" Sign. First right after the sign onto Hope Ferry Road will take you to the Saluda River. Can fish off the right side boat launch, there are a few trails on either side to get off the high traffic of the boat launch.

That'd be where I'd recommend going next where I know they won't run you off.

You'll get some trout and rock fish up there.
Jonboy345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #12
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Maybe Saluda Shoals Park? It sits just below the dam.

I may sound crazy, but I'd be afraid to eat fish out of the Broad, Saluda, or Congaree at downtown Columbia. Columbia dumps some nasty crap.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #13
bryarx
Starter

Male

bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

How'd fishing go?
Old 04-25-2013, 05:43 PM   #14
GamecockSHEP
fatfunnyguy.blogspot.com

Male

The girls running the trail were nice to look at. No fish though.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #15
bryarx
Starter

Male

You fish at the river both days? I've never had any luck there the handful of times I've been. I've seen plenty others fishing, and my friend one time, saw a guy carrying a large fish back to his car.