CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kingofnerf
Storm Of Spurs
roosterdude21
Gamecocks1137
Sandstorm29
Absfract
MWard
SwampFox
TKE226
WeStillOwnUSC
Wilds & Carson B (2357)
Marquavius Lewis (2019)
So, why is next year (1927)
How Long Will The Re (1270)
Restaurant musts in (963)
Why do so many of yo (761)
Shot in the arm for (698)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (642)
Custom Jersey (279)
Abu Bowl Ready (188)
So, why is next year goin
Why do so many of you guy
2015 - Mark Fields
Marquavius Lewis
The Vent and Coaching cha
Custom Jersey
UF lets Durkin go
2015 Commitment - Dante S
5 Gourmet Foods That Used
2015 Signee - Ulric Jones

Old 04-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
SimpleGamecock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
SimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talons
Default ACC eyes Grant of Rights

It appears to be almost official until 2027, this should quiet realignment for sometime

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...of-rights-deal
SimpleGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #2
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: ACC eyes Grant of Rights

How pitiful is your conference when you have to hold teams hostage?
75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...kd-sources-say Sources say it's approved.

This is great news for the basketball schools, but this is going to come back to bite the football schools in 5-10 years. Their success over the course of this deal now depends on if the ACC can get a network deal worth enough to keep up with everybody else. Even if that does happen, the ACC will continue to be the Also Competed Conference at the end of the season.

Last edited by uscsandstorm85; 04-22-2013 at 05:30 PM.
uscsandstorm85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #4
Ballpoint Man
Blue Chip

Male

Ballpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPit

Pretty badass that the SEC doesn't have one, and doesn't need one.

Glad this happened. Realignment needs to slow the hell down!
Ballpoint Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #5
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

ACC fans are discussing how this may lead to the creation of the ACC Network. I can see it now "The ACC Network: Where mediocrity happens"
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #6
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock Rob View Post
ACC fans are discussing how this may lead to the creation of the ACC Network. I can see it now "The ACC Network: Where mediocrity happens"
The ACC Network: Better Than CSPAN
75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #7
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Best line of the article, hands down

Quote:
SEC schools can leave that conference whenever they want, but they aren't doing that anytime soon.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:06 PM   #8
War Rooster
Fear The Visor

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
War Rooster has developed his gaff and talonsWar Rooster has developed his gaff and talonsWar Rooster has developed his gaff and talonsWar Rooster has developed his gaff and talonsWar Rooster has developed his gaff and talonsWar Rooster has developed his gaff and talonsWar Rooster has developed his gaff and talonsWar Rooster has developed his gaff and talonsWar Rooster has developed his gaff and talonsWar Rooster has developed his gaff and talonsWar Rooster has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Skype™ to War Rooster

I was just talking about this with a friend of mine who is an FSU fan. He's furious about this arrangement. He says that it basically condemns FSU, Clemson, and Va. Tech to two decades of being locked into arrangements which will drop them further and further behind the SEC in terms of revenue, facilities, etc.

I had to gently remind him that the SEC probably didn't want FSU. He sighed and said, "Well, if they don't want us, they sure as hell don't want Clemson." I couldn't help but laugh.

All joking aside, I think it was a great move for the majority of schools in the ACC. But it's hard to see how it benefits the football schools in the ACC over the long haul. And that, of course, is good news for schools in the SEC with rivals in the ACC.

War Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #9
uscgmck
I'm Baaacck

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

The comments section of the story has a couple of "this ends expansion". IMO looks like this just cuts out the ACC from any expansion, then what happens?
Old 04-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #10
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Guess the Sun Belt won't be able to poach Wake Forest now.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #11
Sonofacock
Mothershouldibuilthedwall

Male

Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75CarolinaFan View Post
The ACC Network: Better Than CSPAN
Barely
Old 04-22-2013, 05:19 PM   #12
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Rooster View Post
I was just talking about this with a friend of mine who is an FSU fan. He's furious about this arrangement. He says that it basically condemns FSU, Clemson, and Va. Tech to two decades of being locked into arrangements which will drop them further and further behind the SEC in terms of revenue, facilities, etc.

I had to gently remind him that the SEC probably didn't want FSU. He sighed and said, "Well, if they don't want us, they sure as hell don't want Clemson." I couldn't help but laugh.

All joking aside, I think it was a great move for the majority of schools in the ACC. But it's hard to see how it benefits the football schools in the ACC over the long haul. And that, of course, is good news for schools in the SEC with rivals in the ACC.
That sums it up. This is perfect for the basketball schools, they weren't going to leave anyway. However, the football schools that needed to leave in order to keep up, like FSU, Clemson, and VT, will suffer.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:46 PM   #13
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmck View Post
The comments section of the story has a couple of "this ends expansion". IMO looks like this just cuts out the ACC from any expansion, then what happens?
I believe the Pac12, Big10, and Big12 already had grant of rights in place. If that's the case, it pretty much ends power conferences poaching from each other. They can still look to the middle tier conferences, but that doesn't really help them out much.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #14
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

I will say this, if there is a way to lawyer 2 teams from a GOR conference Mike Slive will be the one to find it.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #15
Emery
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

So someone break this down for me. The exit fee is still in place and now the conference owns the TV rights essentially and distributes the money? Would a team that leaves have to repay the money? Would it be prorated? Aside from conference stability why would larger schools agree to this?
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #16
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

I read this as Clemson essentially being guaranteed at least 9 wins per season in football for the next decade+.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #17
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
I read this as Clemson essentially being guaranteed at least 9 wins per season in football for the next decade+.
Dabo keeps his job then!!!!
Old 04-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #18
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballpoint Man View Post
Pretty badass that the SEC doesn't have one, and doesn't need one.

Glad this happened. Realignment needs to slow the hell down!
I don't even think the SEC has an exit fee. Who would be that stupid and leave?
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #19
GamecockRocker
Cynical Optimist

Male

GamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
That sums it up. This is perfect for the basketball schools, they weren't going to leave anyway. However, the football schools that needed to leave in order to keep up, like FSU, Clemson, and VT, will suffer.
And I'm just so sad to see that......
Old 04-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #20
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75CarolinaFan View Post
How pitiful is your conference when you have to hold teams hostage?
They all have to agree to it.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote