CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Thenardier
rosstheboss
Spurticus
WeStillOwnUSC
CWall2001
3MTA3
b381l
bigdog2003
hyoung912
c0ckkn0cker
2001 vs Sandstorm (1210)
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (1102)
Cunningham wants to (610)
Purple drank (457)
Horseshoes has been (232)
Clemson Georgia Game (232)
ESPN article on Clow (188)
Fumble party (171)
1964 World’s Fair (141)
Softball tops Georgi (139)
2001 vs Sandstorm
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
Season Rankings Thread...
Cunningham wants to hear
Acock reviews the SEC Net
Softball tops Georgia Sou
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Name a Gamecock

Old 04-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Next-Box coming 5-21

At least its unveiling.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #2
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 25308312
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Next-Box coming 5-21

I've heard that the new Xbox is going to have the "you must be on the internet to use" thing. I really hope this isn't true.

I don't want to wait another month.
Mr.101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 230
ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

meh my "next box" will be a haswell cpu, ssd and another gtx 670 to sli with my current one.

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #4
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetailgater View Post
meh my "next box" will be a haswell cpu, ssd and another gtx 670 to sli with my current one.
im with ya, console gaming has taken a backseat since I built a decent gaming PC.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:12 PM   #5
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

NM, confirmed fake.

Last edited by Mr.101; 05-21-2013 at 02:10 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:31 AM   #6
womfalcs3
Happiness is a choice

Male

CockyCash: 1400
womfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot material

If the rumors are true and the next Xbox requires an Internet connection to play (even offline) games and block used games, it will be dead on arrival. Globally, people will shy away from it.

I don't buy used games, but I do share with friends.

They won't even have to worry about a RROD sandal this time.
womfalcs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:07 AM   #7
Jonboy345
Android or die

Male

CockyCash: 500
Jonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talonsJonboy345 has developed his gaff and talons

PS4 ftw.
Jonboy345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #8
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy345 View Post
PS4 ftw.
Haha we think that now with this news of Microsoft, but Sony is trying to patent putting ads in video games while your playing them :D. Mine as well say Mobile Games Ftw.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:36 AM   #9
RedB3ARD
Yours Beardly

Male

RedB3ARD is making other chickens nervousRedB3ARD is making other chickens nervousRedB3ARD is making other chickens nervousRedB3ARD is making other chickens nervousRedB3ARD is making other chickens nervousRedB3ARD is making other chickens nervousRedB3ARD is making other chickens nervous
Send a message via AIM to RedB3ARD Send a message via Yahoo to RedB3ARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by womfalcs3 View Post
If the rumors are true and the next Xbox requires an Internet connection to play (even offline) games and block used games, it will be dead on arrival. Globally, people will shy away from it.

It may be true but I think the growing sentiment at this point regarding an always-on requirement is that the 720/Durango/Infinite WON'T have to have a constant connection and that it WILL play used games. There is, however, something called an Xbox Mini which is some kind of peripheral device that may have been the source of these rumors.

http://www.inquisitr.com/614772/xbox...patibility-tv/
Old 04-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #10
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Of course I got an Xbox this past Christmas. It's about to be ancient technology in a few months.
(sadface)
Old 04-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #11
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:

But I seriously doubt they would do that. They (hopefully) know that would be a suicidal mistake.

If they DO say this is true.....PS4 FTW
Old 04-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #12
RedB3ARD
Yours Beardly

Male

RedB3ARD is making other chickens nervousRedB3ARD is making other chickens nervousRedB3ARD is making other chickens nervousRedB3ARD is making other chickens nervousRedB3ARD is making other chickens nervousRedB3ARD is making other chickens nervousRedB3ARD is making other chickens nervous
Send a message via AIM to RedB3ARD Send a message via Yahoo to RedB3ARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceAlmighty View Post
Of course I got an Xbox this past Christmas. It's about to be ancient technology in a few months.
(sadface)
The current Xbox will still be supported for quite some time - the old XBOX lived for years after the 360 was released and I don't gather that developers are going to abandon the platform for a while.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #13
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 127561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceAlmighty View Post
(sadface)
The current Xbox platform is 8 years old.

On the plus side; the new system won't be on shelves until Christmas and you will still get use from the old one while we wait for a solid library of games for the new one.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #14
Cockykevin
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100200
Cockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Cockykevin

Microsoft has purchased a bunch of domain names all related to Xbox Fusion. They have not purchased any domains with the names rumored for the next xbox
Cockykevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #15
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockykevin View Post
Microsoft has purchased a bunch of domain names all related to Xbox Fusion. They have not purchased any domains with the names rumored for the next xbox
I like that better than "Infinity"
Old 05-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #16
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Online gaming is the core of the Xbox gaming experience. Even if that bogus rumor is true, it definately won't be DOA. Anyone who has played both systems online can see the deficiencies the ps3 has to the 360 in that aspect.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:00 AM   #17
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 200
Halltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.101 View Post
I like that better than "Infinity"
Quote:
According to sources speaking with The International Business Times, it’s the latter moniker – Xbox Infinity – that’s the name of Microsoft’s third console. “Sources related to development of the new Xbox have confirmed to IBTimes UK that the console… will be called Infinity,” the article states.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...-xbox-infinity
Halltj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #18
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halltj2 View Post
Oh, very well then.

So I guess the thing I posted at the top of the thread is legit.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #19
MACXIMVS
mac'in aint easy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Avatar 
CockyCash: 12700
MACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot material

still going to be blahhhh

MACXIMVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:28 PM   #20
RY4N
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Male

RY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPit

We shall find out tomorrow what Microsoft has in store for us Xbox users.