CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
taylorssc
Gamecocks1137
kingofnerf
4Runner
robgusc76
gamecockgal
Storm Of Spurs
ReadR00ster
uscnoklahoma
CBS: SOS to Florida? (3057)
Juco QBs? (1043)
SDS grades the Furma (868)
we can STILL win the (822)
Auburn/USC point spr (689)
Whenever I Get Depre (628)
How do you want Aubu (537)
If the Head Ball Coa (459)
Mike Davis Stiff Arm (297)
When did it change ? (215)
World of Warcraft, CSGO,
Juco QBs?
2016 - Issac Nauta
Just started playing &quo
CBS: SOS to Florida?
Williams and Mitch
we can STILL win the east
How do you want Auburn to
Auburn/USC point spread
Peyton Manning breaks Bre

Old 04-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #1
superfly
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material
Default Shout out to a Gamecock

I don't know how many former or current players visit this site but I imagine a few do. I think we need to give a shout out to a player in each of the 3 major sports and say thanks.....

Football....Garcia....he wasn't the most talented but he wanted to win as much as any I have seen. He was also the lead recruit in one of our best recruiting classes ever....I think he helped start what we are now....mistakes aside

Basketball...Tom Owens....the most under appreciated player to ever play basketball for us. He was as great as Roche but just never seemed to get the credit.

Baseball...Roth....what can be said that has not already been said about him ? Quality player and person. The complete package...

Thanks guys....
Old 04-30-2013, 02:53 PM   #2
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material
Default Re: Shout out to a Gamecock

Garcia was physically gifted, but a total sh*thead. Owens and Roth definitely 2 Gamecock greats.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #3
bkc2311
NOPE

Male

CockyCash: 1015
bkc2311 is developing his combbkc2311 is developing his combbkc2311 is developing his combbkc2311 is developing his combbkc2311 is developing his combbkc2311 is developing his combbkc2311 is developing his combbkc2311 is developing his combbkc2311 is developing his combbkc2311 is developing his comb

If Garcia wanted to win as much as the rest, he wouldn't get drunk the night before games. Just saying.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #4
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 799000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Pretty sure Roche and Owens don't check in on Cockytalk.........but they did perfect two man basketball. Those two guys could be a 5 man squad by themselves.....

As for Garcia, he wanted to win..............he just couldn't get out of his on way.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:49 PM   #5
henmania
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
Pretty sure Roche and Owens don't check in on Cockytalk.........but they did perfect two man basketball. Those two guys could be a 5 man squad by themselves.....

As for Garcia, he wanted to win..............he just couldn't get out of his on way.

Funny enough, I am friends with Roche and had him log in as me once while visiting him in Denver. He is a great guy and was pretty blown away about how much folks still care about him.

Unfortunately, Garcia wanted to do what Garcia wanted to do more than win games. He didn't come close to scratching the surface of his talent and almost drove Spurrier out of coaching. Can't give him too much credit there boss.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:14 PM   #6
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 436
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Since we're sending shout outs, I'd like to send a shout out to Shaq Wilson who was invited to the Saints rookie camp. Good luck Shaq.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:22 AM   #7
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

CockyCash: 400
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post

After everything i've read regarding Garcia this probably sums it up the best. Well put.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:33 AM   #8
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

CockyCash: 800
eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material

Any of y'all still taking shots at Garcia years later I got to wonder what's your motivation? I loved the good we saw in Garcia, and the positive things we saw him accomplish. But I was one of the first to call for him to be benched, I was a Shaw supporter very early on (even ECU game at BOA Stadium, I thought he got bad wrap in that one).

But that being said, Garcia has paid the price for his bad decisions. Leave the guy alone. I mean you are Gamecocks fans right? Garcia did a lot of things no other QB in our history had accomplished. And right now his big win against #1 Bama in the midst of a dynasty looks pretty darn impressive.

Stop piling dirt on Garcia. He is one of us, embrace him and forgive him for actions I know he now regrets. I thank God every day that people have forgiven me for my past actions.

If you consider Garcia's wins some of the biggest in our football program's history (winning at The Swamp, Bama, etc.) as I do, you should stop the BS.

"If" Garcia reads this as the OP stated, thank you for some of the best memories I have in over 35 years as a Gamecock football fan.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:03 AM   #9
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Garcia was a very good football player when he had his head on straight.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:27 AM   #10
gamecockguy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly View Post
I don't know how many former or current players visit this site but I imagine a few do. I think we need to give a shout out to a player in each of the 3 major sports and say thanks.....

Football....Garcia....

Seriously though, out of all the classy players that have gone through our program since Spurrier got here why did you choose not only a player that was a terrible representative of the university, but one that will rustle the jimmies of a sizable portion of the board?
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:50 AM   #11
CHSgc
Recruit

Male

CHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his claws

Garcia gave me one of the greatest moments of my life (ALA... as I left the stadium I've never been happier) and one of the worst (AUB, never screamed louder in the stands in dismay)... he was entertaining as hell and for that I'll always remember him.
CHSgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:54 AM   #12
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 461300
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

As far as Garcia, time to forgive for his mistakes and thank him for his triumphs.

As far as Roche and Owens go... All I can say is thank you. What a great time for Carolina basketball. I was a Freshman at USC in 1970... Man, what a basketball Team we had.

As far as Roth and Price... just THANKS. But somehow that does not seem like enough.

But my shout outs go to Ray Tanner and Steve Spurrier. To thee I raise my glass.
cockybusiness2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #13
Cocktober Surprise
Soup Spoon

Male

Cocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudly

My shout out goes to a future Gamecock, Seventh Woods. We may only get him for one season...but what a season it will be. Come be a legend, son.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
Old 05-01-2013, 10:17 AM   #14
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaddy1847 View Post
Any of y'all still taking shots at Garcia years later I got to wonder what's your motivation? I loved the good we saw in Garcia, and the positive things we saw him accomplish. But I was one of the first to call for him to be benched, I was a Shaw supporter very early on (even ECU game at BOA Stadium, I thought he got bad wrap in that one).

But that being said, Garcia has paid the price for his bad decisions. Leave the guy alone. I mean you are Gamecocks fans right? Garcia did a lot of things no other QB in our history had accomplished. And right now his big win against #1 Bama in the midst of a dynasty looks pretty darn impressive.

Stop piling dirt on Garcia. He is one of us, embrace him and forgive him for actions I know he now regrets. I thank God every day that people have forgiven me for my past actions.

If you consider Garcia's wins some of the biggest in our football program's history (winning at The Swamp, Bama, etc.) as I do, you should stop the BS.

"If" Garcia reads this as the OP stated, thank you for some of the best memories I have in over 35 years as a Gamecock football fan.
Well said sir!

Shout outs go to: 1) Danny Smith- receiver under JoMo
2) Blake Cooper- stud
3) Perry and Terry Dozier- twin billing!
Old 05-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #15
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

Thanks Guys!

Football: Marcus
Basketball: Downey
Baseball: Walker
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #16
Dizzy01
Game MVP

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

In keeping with part of the original theme:

Football: Kenrick Ellis - Too bad you couldn't leave off the first part of puff, puff, pass rush.

Basketball: Mike Holmes - A better rough houser at home than on the court

Baseball: Lonnie Chisenhall - If only you could have stolen bases.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #17
egnarts
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 700
egnarts rules the CockPitegnarts rules the CockPitegnarts rules the CockPitegnarts rules the CockPitegnarts rules the CockPitegnarts rules the CockPitegnarts rules the CockPitegnarts rules the CockPitegnarts rules the CockPitegnarts rules the CockPitegnarts rules the CockPit

I wish to give a shout out to each and every former gamecock athlete! They all gave us what they could and enriched our lives. God bless them all.