CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
U-Dub Gamecock
ReadR00ster
rosstheboss
Latti
Bobby Boucher
donbgamecock
usc1
Regalcock
ConwayGamecock
catdaddy66
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (2674)
BREAD (522)
Sindarius Thornwell (340)
Dress shirt help (335)
Starz Black Sails (274)
Best Child Acting Pe (236)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (168)
South Carolina @ Aub (110)
Well gameday just go (105)
Unsung Hero (84)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Sindarius Thornwell Draft
Grill 225 (Market Pavilli
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
South Carolina @ Auburn S
Name a Gamecock
Does Brenton Williams hav
Josh Cunningham Power For
Dylan Thompson, Class Act

Old 05-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #1
Lee W
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lee W is sharpening his clawsLee W is sharpening his clawsLee W is sharpening his clawsLee W is sharpening his claws
Exclamation Coach Joe Morrison Hat! Help

Big Spur Shop.com used to sell 'Coach Joe' hats with a cursive red 'Carolina' script. Really good hats...

Unfortunately, I lost mine two weeks ago. When I went to BigSpurShop.com to order another one, the screen siad the shop had closed.

Does anyone know of another store that sells these hats? Also, does anyone know if the store that you know sells these sell 'Coach joe' hats of the same quality.

Thanks and go gamecocks
Lee W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194811
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Coach Joe Morrison Hat! Help

Garnet and Black@ JW. Here you go.

http://www.garnetandblacktraditions....300469/Product

The link is for a fitted hat, but they have them in adjustable hats, too.
GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #3
Lee W
Walk On

Male

Lee W is sharpening his clawsLee W is sharpening his clawsLee W is sharpening his clawsLee W is sharpening his claws

Thanks
Lee W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #4
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5661799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

theirs are not the same but they got some pretty cool looking different interpretations of them. white back, garnet front, black writing
white back, gray front, black writing
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:15 PM   #5
WoodCocky
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 455
WoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPit

Ask STEPHONGILMOREFAN! He knows a guy that lives in a town where Sterling Sharpe use to live and he is getting another guy a jesery for his nephew. Maybe he knows a guy that knows a guy that can get in touch with Coach Morrison to get a hat.

The official Joe Hat was just a black "trucker hat" with Carolina written in cursive! Those hats were everywhere back in the day. I hated them then, but would love to have one now.
WoodCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #6
BeerandBacon
Recruit

Male

BeerandBacon has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodCocky View Post
Ask STEPHONGILMOREFAN! He knows a guy that lives in a town where Sterling Sharpe use to live and he is getting another guy a jesery for his nephew. Maybe he knows a guy that knows a guy that can get in touch with Coach Morrison to get a hat.

The official Joe Hat was just a black "trucker hat" with Carolina written in cursive! Those hats were everywhere back in the day. I hated them then, but would love to have one now.

Uh...
BeerandBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #7
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194811
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodCocky View Post

I didn't know it was a trucker hat. Is this one closer?

http://www.garnetandblacktraditions....200997/Product
GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:51 PM   #8
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

I bought this hat from Garnet and Black on Two Notch road last August. I think it's what you're looking for. It is the 'trucker' hat style. It's my favorite hat that I've never worn:

Old 05-02-2013, 09:58 PM   #9
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicstockman View Post
I bought this hat from Garnet and Black on Two Notch road last August. I think it's what you're looking for. It is the 'trucker' hat style. It's my favorite hat that I've never worn:

i would so buy that hat from you.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:02 PM   #10
WoodCocky
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 455
WoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPitWoodCocky rules the CockPit

That's it!
WoodCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #11
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
i would so buy that hat from you.
Ha. I'm sure G&B still sells it. As soon as I saw it, I knew I wasn't leaving the store without it. I can't remember how much it was but it didn't even matter honestly.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:20 PM   #12
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

Still rockin my original - it's held up well for 25 years.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:46 AM   #13
gamecockfan
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 833
gamecockfan has earned his spursgamecockfan has earned his spursgamecockfan has earned his spursgamecockfan has earned his spursgamecockfan has earned his spursgamecockfan has earned his spurs
Send a message via AIM to gamecockfan

the font is WAY off on that hat.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:30 AM   #14
Dr.Lou
Recruit

Male

Dr.Lou is developing his combDr.Lou is developing his combDr.Lou is developing his combDr.Lou is developing his combDr.Lou is developing his combDr.Lou is developing his combDr.Lou is developing his combDr.Lou is developing his combDr.Lou is developing his combDr.Lou is developing his comb

no one wantsssh a Dr. Lou hat?????

Play Like a Champion Today
Mary May issh Wrong!
The Dr. Issh Alwaysssh In!
Dr.Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #15
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockfan View Post
the font is WAY off on that hat.

Actually, I think the font itself is pretty similar but it definitely is a lot smaller compared to the hat Joe wore back in the day.

That being said, it's STILL the closest that I've been able to find to the original.

Do you know of somewhere else that has something better?
Old 05-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #16
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Jo Mo's is an "iron on" and the new ones are stitched

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #17
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

The G&B Traditions link has the correct font on the hat.
ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:51 AM   #18
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

CockyCash: 800
eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W View Post

Big Spur Shop.com used to sell 'Coach Joe' hats with a cursive red 'Carolina' script. Really good hats...

Unfortunately, I lost mine two weeks ago. When I went to BigSpurShop.com to order another one, the screen siad the shop had closed.

Does anyone know of another store that sells these hats? Also, does anyone know if the store that you know sells these sell 'Coach joe' hats of the same quality.

Thanks and go gamecocks

I got lots of used ones. Not lice infected. But worn for two decades, people would know you were "old school." I use a visor now so stopped wearing those 7-8 years ago.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #19
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Jo Mo's is an "iron on" and the new ones are stitched
You sure about that?