CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
robgusc76
B-G
Big Spur
SMOTFS86
Sandstorm29
The Yancey
kingofnerf
rabid cock
doubledribble
**USC vs. Coker GAME (3269)
2014 Subway Classic: (1594)
aTm demolishes Kyle (733)
Cocky at the Duck Co (702)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (619)
Really, REALLY glad (545)
Deer Hunting 2014 (370)
movers, furniture do (303)
Happy Winter Solstic (272)
Streaming nfl games (262)
QB Next Season?
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
Connor to be backup?
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
official UFC thread. (new
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
Ali Hospitalized With Pne
Question for those who ha
Really, REALLY glad he's
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL

Old 05-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194810
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material
Default Marcus leaving Friday for SF

WLTX had an article on Marcus yesterday. He's leaving Friday to start his pro career. The video is the best part.

http://www.wltx.com/sports/article/2...-to-Join-49ers
GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
TStone
Grammar Nazi

Male

Pumpkin Contest: Winner of the Pumpkin Carving Contest - Given for: Pumpkin Contest 
CockyCash: 4535
TStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot material
Default Re: Marcus leaving Friday for SF

Per his twitter feed he actually left for SF earlier today... but he will report to the 49ers tomorrow.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
jtm12180
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
jtm12180 has hatched from the shell

as big and bad as Marcus is on the field, he seems like such an innocent kid. With a single mom growing up, he probably wasn't able to do a lot of traveling. I'm sure he'll feel lost at first with leaving home for 3,000 miles away. Hope he has an easy transition in SF!! Sure am gonna miss seeing him in Columbia, but something tells me he'll be back on our sideline...
jtm12180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #4
JNGolf
#PlayInTheNow

Male

CockyCash: 12500000
JNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot material

My favorite city I've ever visited, been there twice. The people are friendlier than here, and the views of the city, bay are gorgeous. If you didn't need to be a millionaire to live there, I would. LOL
JNGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #5
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Marcus doesn't seem so much innocent as principled. He seems to have a perspective that lets him view widely and a personality the puts him at ease with people of varied status and different backgrounds. When you are firmly anchored, new challenges don't seem such a threat.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #6
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNGolf View Post
My favorite city I've ever visited, been there twice. The people are friendlier than here, and the views of the city, bay are gorgeous. If you didn't need to be a millionaire to live there, I would. LOL

I agree. I've been there once, and the people were just awesome. (Damn good seafood over there too.)

My favorite story to tell about being there was when a friend and I were trolley-hopping trying to make our way to the Golden Gate Bridge. We realized that we were on the wrong line when we noticed the trolley heading out of the city a bit and going away from the bridge. So I pulled out the little map I had and tried to figure out the best way to get there from where we were.

Noticing our confusion, this middle-aged gentleman told us exactly where we needed to go, and which trains to take. He also told us which ones to take back to Fisherman's Wharf where we were parked. We both thanked him and went on our way.

On the trolley ride back from the bridge, we passed by a homeless guy on the street, pushing a grocery cart full of junk. I looked at the guy, and it was the same gentleman who gave us directions before.

So we hopped off at the very next stop to chase this guy down and try to thank him again for being so nice, and to perhaps buy him a lunch or something. Unfortunately he was well out of sight before we could catch up to him, and we were unable to repay his kindness.

To this day I have never been anywhere that had homeless folks as courteous and well spoken as this guy was. I mean just talking to him, nobody would have ever guessed that he was living on the street.

Anyways I think Marcus will enjoy it there. And I hope he's able to make a nice impact for the 'Niner's as soon as possible.
cocky0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #7
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Welcome to northern California Marcus! Hope to see you in person!
Old 05-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #8
mmcox98
benchwarmer

Male

CockyCash: 420
mmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to mmcox98

He should move to Half Moon Bay, it's a nice little quite town just south of the city.

Last edited by mmcox98; 05-09-2013 at 08:01 PM. Reason: didn't see the thread about Levi's stadium.
mmcox98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #9
jtm12180
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
jtm12180 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
Marcus doesn't seem so much innocent as principled. He seems to have a perspective that lets him view widely and a personality the puts him at ease with people of varied status and different backgrounds. When you are firmly anchored, new challenges don't seem such a threat.
very true!
jtm12180 is offline   Reply With Quote