CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GarnetSwarm1990
Gamecocks1137
NinjaSven
Jim Lahey
Storm Of Spurs
roosterdude21
donbgamecock
kingofnerf
wincocks84
Sandstorm29
So, why is next year (2633)
How Long Will The Re (1761)
Why do so many of yo (1277)
Restaurant musts in (1227)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (915)
Shot in the arm for (912)
Custom Jersey (517)
5 Gourmet Foods That (406)
Abu Bowl Ready (316)
looks like we have 2 (263)
5 Gourmet Foods That Used
Restaurant musts in NYC
looks like we have 2 OL r
Nosovitch/bowl/ question.
So, why is next year goin
Beat Miami
The Vent and Coaching cha
Previewing Clemson
2016 - Jordan Giberti
How Long Will The Rebuild

Old 05-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #1
MjGCock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 342
MjGCock has feathers coming inMjGCock has feathers coming inMjGCock has feathers coming in
Default At last night's game I park my car...

...and hear this godawful screeching. I look down and this little lady was squawking and flapping at me to defend her eggs!

MjGCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #2
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21
Default Re: At last night's game I park my car...

Don't mess with a Momma defending her young. You WILL lose!
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #3
superstar90
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5000
superstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his comb

Someone Needs To Notify Who Runs That Parking Lot. They Need To Protect Her. It's Also Illegal To Distrub Her Nest.
superstar90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #4
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar90 View Post
Someone Needs To Notify Who Runs That Parking Lot. They Need To Protect Her. It's Also Illegal To Distrub Her Nest.
Chad Kelly, that you? kidding
Old 05-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #5
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194810
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalrush24 View Post

Pts, Metal.
GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:24 PM   #6
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material

What lot were you in? Agree with above. Call whomever owns the lot, and DNR.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #7
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalrush24 View Post
LMAO! Exactly what I was thinking. That's got to be some phone setting.
75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #8
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 1000076044
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

My Droid Razr did that capitalize every word, found out it only ddi it in the stock browser, and only with the stock SWYPE keyboard.... I am very annoyed, esp bc the new SWYPE keyboard has a slight lag at times
Old 05-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #9
MjGCock
Recruit

Male

MjGCock has feathers coming inMjGCock has feathers coming inMjGCock has feathers coming in

The lot directly across from the BP to the left as you come over the blossom street bridge. They had a cone in the parking spot that she had taken over so people couldn't park there.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #10
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

If it were me, I'd still contact DNR to be safe. They could possibly put up something a little more secure to protect the nest, similar to what we put up to protect our turtle nests here. Those cones are not very permanent. Not sure who runs that lot you parked in.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #11
MjGCock
Recruit

Male

I called DNR. The guy didn't know what a killdeer (that bird) was and he also said they don't do anything like that
Old 05-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #12
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MjGCock View Post
I called DNR. The guy didn't know what a killdeer (that bird) was and he also said they don't do anything like that
yeah, they are nowhere near being considered endangered or threatened, not sure why they would do anything about it...

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #13
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MjGCock View Post
Apparently who ever you talked to is either too lazy or too stupid to do anything about it. It's their JOB to do something about it.
He could have easily relocated the mommy bird and her eggs to a safer place.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #14
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

I have one that will nest in my yard every few years, its pretty cool how it pretends to have a hurt wing if a predator gets too close to it's nest to draw them away...I need to record it one day

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #15
Wagz
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Wagz is developing his combWagz is developing his combWagz is developing his combWagz is developing his combWagz is developing his combWagz is developing his combWagz is developing his combWagz is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
Apparently who ever you talked to is either too lazy or too stupid to do anything about it. It's their JOB to do something about it.
He could have easily relocated the mommy bird and her eggs to a safer place.
WRONG...It's certainly not DNR's job to look after a common birds nest and eggs.....Ever heard of mother nature???

Thousands of fawns are killed every year by coyotes, I suppose you think DNR should send armed guards out to the forrest to protect them too???

And even if you did relocate her eggs, she will most likely abandon them.
Wagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #16
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
I have one that will nest in my yard every few years, its pretty cool how it pretends to have a hurt wing if a predator gets too close to it's nest to draw them away...I need to record it one day
Here you go, Johnny. This guy saved you the trouble. We have one in our yard, too. It is very neat to watch their defense mechanism.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #17
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagz View Post
WRONG...It's certainly not DNR's job to look after a common birds nest and eggs.....Ever heard of mother nature???

Thousands of fawns are killed every year by coyotes, I suppose you think DNR should send armed guards out to the forrest to protect them too???

And even if you did relocate her eggs, she will most likely abandon them.
Big difference between a natural predator and being in a parking lot.

No need to get your knickers in a bunch because someone asked. Worst they could say was no. It was still worth a shot.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #18
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockMomSC View Post
Here you go, Johnny. This guy saved you the trouble. We have one in our yard, too. It is very neat to watch their defense mechanism.

lol, thats not "mine" tho!!!

Old 05-09-2013, 02:30 PM   #19
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
lol, thats not "mine" tho!!!
Details, details...

Old 05-09-2013, 03:08 PM   #20
ib4theusc
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
ib4theusc is sharpening his clawsib4theusc is sharpening his clawsib4theusc is sharpening his clawsib4theusc is sharpening his clawsib4theusc is sharpening his claws

I ran into that thing on my way out. She was delicious on the grill after I cleaned her and the leftovers this morning I used her eggs to make an omelet. I cannot beleive some of you called DNR.
ib4theusc is offline   Reply With Quote