CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
Coulwoodwarlord
ReadR00ster
HelleraisingCock
MWard
SAETerrier
Acockolypse Now
ertman420
sc455
2000grad
Larenz Bryant update (2002)
Victor Hampton Arres (1202)
Joeckel Transfering (1178)
2016 - Greg Little (816)
UK's Whitlow to tran (736)
What type of snake i (667)
response from charte (606)
Wu Tang affiliated r (517)
Attendance next seas (301)
how has more ESPN an (223)
Gamecock Legacy recruits/
Victor Hampton Arrested
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
A'ja Wilson
Larenz Bryant update?
how has more ESPN anounce
2016 - Greg Little
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
Joeckel Transfering from
2015 - Clelin Ferrell

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 02:46 AM   #1
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default May 18 Weekend

For those that are a little down today, here's something that may help put you on the road to recovery. The weekend of May 18 is when BAW is bringing the following recruits with him to visit Carolina:
Andrew Williams
Terry Googer
Wesley Green
James Hartsfield 2015 (same school as BAW)
Dexter Neal (2015)
Antwuan Jackson (2016) BAW's brother

Googer, Neal and Jackson are already Gamecock leans and Green has been
susceptible to making his last visit his favorite.

In addition to the above, Peyton Newell has really liked what he has seen and heard about Columbia....so much so that he now says that we are his favorites.
Of course Nebraska and Georgia are right there as well. Magnus went by today to check on him. All the above from GCC.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:48 AM   #2
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4
Default Re: May 18 Weekend

shhh how dare you inject positivity into our inherently bleak recruiting situation

Old 05-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
gamecockclint
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
gamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudly

Don't forget B381 that KC Crosby makes his announcement on June 1st and it looks like we're in great shape there. I'm not upset that Barker chose UK. He would have been a nice addition to our class but not a necessity. I actually like our depth chart at QB right now, moreso than at any time I can recall. Remember, it hasn't been that long ago that Tommy Beecher started against NCSU.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #4
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockclint View Post
Don't forget B381 that KC Crosby makes his announcement on June 1st and it looks like we're in great shape there. I'm not upset that Barker chose UK. He would have been a nice addition to our class but not a necessity. I actually like our depth chart at QB right now, moreso than at any time I can recall. Remember, it hasn't been that long ago that Tommy Beecher started against NCSU.
Agree, Barker chose the hometown university, same reason why Gillmore, Lattimore, Alshon and Clowney did, they wanted to change the culture

But Googer could commit that weekend,
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions

Last edited by PvtWarlick; 05-11-2013 at 12:11 PM. Reason: mistype
Old 05-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #5
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockclint View Post
I didn't want put too much good news in my post thinking it would only cause the negative crowd too much stress.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #6
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

I really hope we make an great impression on all of the guys coming in. I really like Wesley Green as a CB prospect. Haven't seen Andrew William's tape but I'm going to look it up.

Another guy I would love for us to get involved with is Kendarious Webster.. Awesome blend of size and speed.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #7
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
I really hope we make an great impression on all of the guys coming in. I really like Wesley Green as a CB prospect. Haven't seen Andrew William's tape but I'm going to look it up.

Another guy I would love for us to get involved with is Kendarious Webster.. Awesome blend of size and speed.
Williams is big time according to those that know.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #8
DawginCola
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
DawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post

I really hope y'all keep your hands off Webster...Georgia is loaded at DB this year and I think he and Malkom Parrish are 2 of the top 3 in the state. In my perfect scenario, they'd be the 2 corners that we take.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #9
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawginCola View Post
I really hope y'all keep your hands off Webster...Georgia is loaded at DB this year and I think he and Malkom Parrish are 2 of the top 3 in the state. In my perfect scenario, they'd be the 2 corners that we take.
Then give us back the one you stole from us last year.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:41 PM   #10
DawginCola
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
DawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Then give us back the one you stole from us last year.
Nah, that's alright...
Old 05-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #11
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawginCola View Post
Nah, that's alright...
Langley won't be playing, you have nothing to lose.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #12
Liquid_nails
4-Star

Male

Liquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his comb

What position does Jackson play?
Old 05-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #13
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_nails View Post
What position does Jackson play?
DT, kid could be a top DT in the country
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:

Basketball
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Old 05-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #14
Liquid_nails
4-Star

Male

Liquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his comb

Great. Thanks
Old 05-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #15
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Would be a bit surprised if Googer didn't go ahead and end it.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 05-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #16
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Good news about the 18th. For some the sky will continue falling, I am afraid.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
Old 05-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #17
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
In addition to the above, Peyton Newell has really liked what he has seen and heard about Columbia....so much so that he now says that we are his favorites.
Of course Nebraska and Georgia are right there as well. Magnus went by today to check on him. All the above from GCC.
I wonder if he knows Nebraska's coach will lie to them that they are the better team, right after getting their arses stomped in a bowl game?
Old 05-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #18
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
For those that are a little down today, here's something that may help put you on the road to recovery. The weekend of May 18 is when BAW is bringing the following recruits with him to visit Carolina:
Andrew Williams
Terry Googer
Wesley Green
James Hartsfield 2015 (same school as BAW)
Dexter Neal (2015)
Antwuan Jackson (2016) BAW's brother

Googer, Neal and Jackson are already Gamecock leans and Green has been
susceptible to making his last visit his favorite.

Newell has visited SC, him and his dad came away impressed
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:

Basketball
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Old 05-11-2013, 10:14 PM   #19
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtWarlick View Post
Newell has visited SC, him and his dad came away impressed
He is also making another visit with his dad this summer. Mangus made a visit to his school yesterday.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #20
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRAY^# View Post
He is also making another visit with his dad this summer. Mangus made a visit to his school yesterday.
I still say Nebraska is the favorite, but we have done a great job so far
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:

Basketball
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Closed Thread