CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
b381l
sporkgod50
RGHoskins
Thenardier
GoldenSpur7
ccured
robgusc76
Gyle41386
ucan'tlickourcocks
Mangus now coaching (1868)
Can Tennessee get to (1278)
ESPN Article on HBC (1028)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta (830)
Spread vs. aTm (769)
2 Crazy things (766)
Lindy's top 100 for (727)
Chick Redefines the (725)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (621)
The Bama series (506)
Dylan Moses: The first fr
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Alabama @ South Carolina
Spread vs. aTm
Mangus now coaching TEs
Connor Shaw: Atlanta, Cle
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
Can Tennessee get to a Bo

Old 05-17-2013, 02:02 AM   #1
uscjeremynca
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material
Default Kings stay in Sacramento, Maloofs sell the team

Many of you may have been following this story and the drama that has gone back and forth between Seattle and Sacramento.

Yesterday, the NBA owners voted for the team to stay in Sacramento. Tonight, the Maloofs sold the team to the Sacramento group for $535 million. I can honestly say a cloud has been lifted from this city.

Sacramento isn't a huge city. It's the state capital and the Kings are the only major professional team here (we do have the AAA team of the Oakland A's as well). I've lived here since 2001 when I left South Carolina for Sacramento. I can honestly say this is as excited as I've been about the Kings since the early 2000s when they had one of the best teams in the NBA.

The NBA made the right move to keep the team here. The fight between Sacramento and Seattle was unprecedented. However, you may never see a city, politicians, leaders, and local businessman fight to keep a team as much as Sacramento did. And that's why the NBA was behind the Sacramento group.

In the end, I believe this new downtown arena will revitalize this city and the economy. It will be similar to what happened in the Vista and with the new baseball stadium town but on a much bigger level. Tonight, the news stated that season tickets for the Kings may sell out next year. The Maloofs were HATED in this city. I have never seen a group destroy a team and the enthusiasm of the fans as much as the Maloofs the last few years.

Sorry this was so long. Just thought for those of you interested, I would give a local perspective on the team in Sacramento. Excuse me while I go and find my Kings gear now.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:18 AM   #2
sporkgod50
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97410000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Kings stay in Sacramento, Maloofs sell the team

I'd feel better about this if the league did the "right thing" about five years ago as well. As it stands, it just feels like the NBA has it out for Seattle.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:22 AM   #3
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5661799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
I'd feel better about this if the league did the "right thing" about five years ago as well. As it stands, it just feels like the NBA has it out for Seattle.
Did you see stern at the press conference in seattle? With a smirk he said this will be quick i got a game to get to in okc. It was a low blow but funny. He also has said publicly that he would have a team in seattle before he retires or at least set up to be. The kings should have gone to seattle the fans in sac town sucked but hopefully like yhe op said this will make it change
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #4
uscjeremynca
Bowl MVP

Male

uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Did you see stern at the press conference in seattle? With a smirk he said this will be quick i got a game to get to in okc. It was a low blow but funny. He also has said publicly that he would have a team in seattle before he retires or at least set up to be. The kings should have gone to seattle the fans in sac town sucked but hopefully like yhe op said this will make it change
You have no idea what it's like being here with the Maloofs. This saga with the arena thing started in 2006. There was a deal reached last year and the Maloofs backed out. This has dragged on so long with the Maloofs spending nothing on this team the fans got tired of it. In 2012, the Kings were ranked 122 out of 122 franchise. In 2003, the team was ranked #3 out of 122.

For a period of 19 years, the Kings sold out their games. Most of those were when the team was in last place and not any good. Go back and read what it was like to play in Sacramento years ago. NBA players noted it was the toughest place to play in the NBA. The fans didn't change. However, the ownership did. The Maloofs KILLED this team.

Last night, I was SOOOO excited when it was announced they sold the team. The fans will be back. I've lived here for 12 years now. And yes, things have been down the last few. Trust me when I say the fans here are still good and will be back. A lot of the fans stopped going to games because of the Maloofs, as punishment for what they've done to the team. They will be back.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #5
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

IMO, Maloofs threw in the towel after the Divac/Webber/Peja/Christie/Williams then Bibby/Jackson era came up short.

Those were some fun teams to watch man..

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:09 AM   #6
uscjeremynca
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
IMO, Maloofs threw in the towel after the Divac/Webber/Peja/Christie/Williams then Bibby/Jackson era came up short.

Those were some fun teams to watch man..
Quite honestly, best team in the NBA - even better than the Lakers. Lakers had good teams back then and that was an awesome rivalry. Kings actually won the division back then.

2002 was a nightmare. Game 7 of the Western Conference Finals was a horribly officiated game. It's also THE game Tim Donaghy pointed out in the ref scandal. Kings were better than the Lakers that year. If they had won that game, without a doubt the Kings would have been NBA champs.

I went to playoff games during those years (as well as regular season games). That was an AWESOME team to watch.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #7
sporkgod50
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

I'm glad sac town didn't lose their team, because that just sucks, but david stern will never be someone I think of in any positive light.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #8
sporkgod50
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post

Piss and shit are more trustworthy than stern. A team in seattle before he retires was nothing more than a pr move wrapped in an empty promise.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #9
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Sacreattle Konics
Old 05-17-2013, 11:31 AM   #10
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

There needs to be a team in Seattle.

Who could they move? Hmmmm

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #11
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

There was talk about taking the Bucks away from Milwaukee .. that would be an awful move.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #12
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Quite honestly, best team in the NBA - even better than the Lakers. Lakers had good teams back then and that was an awesome rivalry. Kings actually won the division back then.

2002 was a nightmare. Game 7 of the Western Conference Finals was a horribly officiated game. It's also THE game Tim Donaghy pointed out in the ref scandal. Kings were better than the Lakers that year. If they had won that game, without a doubt the Kings would have been NBA champs.

I went to playoff games during those years (as well as regular season games). That was an AWESOME team to watch.

Yeah they got jobbed in that series. I pretty much quit watching the NBA after that. I got no time for pro wrestling either.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #13
uscjeremynca
Bowl MVP

Male

I don't think any team should move. Honestly, the best candidate for me would be Charlotte. However, I think the NBA should just wait and give an expansion team to Seattle.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #14
sporkgod50
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
I don't think any team should move. Honestly, the best candidate for me would be Charlotte. However, I think the NBA should just wait and give an expansion team to Seattle.
I agree that moving a team is not the best idea. But I don't see an expansion coming anytime soon.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #15
uscjeremynca
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
I agree that moving a team is not the best idea. But I don't see an expansion coming anytime soon.
It's been stated by Stern and the new commish Silver that they will expand after the current TV deals expire. Look for expansion in 2016.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #16
sporkgod50
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
It's been stated by Stern and the new commish Silver that they will expand after the current TV deals expire. Look for expansion in 2016.
If there is one thing that could make Stern act like a man of his word, its money.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #17
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Add Seattle and Nashville franchises. Seattle for obvious reasons, and Nashville has killed in ratings for the NBA and needs a second pro sports team.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #18
bhusc2002
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
bhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to bhusc2002

Shouldn't it be Malooves? Incase you couldn't tell, this is a joke.
bhusc2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #19
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Move the raptors rebrand them the Sonics and move Memphis to the east.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #20
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5661799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg77 View Post
Move the raptors rebrand them the Sonics and move Memphis to the east.
The raptors should be moved to Seattle. Their existence is a joke
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote