CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GamecockGuardsman
robgusc76
SMOTFS86
sflgc
GregoryHouse
Big Spur
Spurticus
kingofnerf
Cockypantherfan
MisterClowney
Connor to start agai (1374)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (1233)
Miami Beach Bowl Thr (1200)
Carolina ranked #21 (1154)
Gotta get Agent 0 go (936)
Marcus coming home (807)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (576)
Most Impactful Peopl (559)
Players to The Draft (528)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (465)
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Most Impactful People Inv
Denver/Cincy MNF Thread
Winston
Shot in the arm for the D
Greatest Gamecock Players
Madden Connected Franchis
Temple sporting a 20 poin
Players to The Draft
Marcus coming home

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 12:34 AM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 - Desmond Cain - Illinois

Quote:
5/17/2013: South Carolina Gamecocks offer Desmond Cain
per 247 Timeline

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 07-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Desmond Cain

Quote:
2015 DB Desmond Cain also played a bit of receiver and had a couple of excellent reps; he was intriguing at that spot. Cain's size stood out to me; he's a thick guy for a cornerback.
Link: http://southcarolina.rivals.com/show...d=1017&style=2

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 10-01-2013, 11:06 PM   #3
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
USC is the lone early offer for DB Desmond Cain (5-11 183) of Delray Beach, FL and that has put the Gamecocks at this top of his list at this point. “I was there for their (Black Magic) camp and I fell in love with everything,” Cain said. “I like the coaches and how they helped me with the little things to become a better player. And I love the facilities.” That was the only camp for Cain last summer. He is also getting interest from Miami, Auburn, Minnesota, Penn State and Michigan and feels Miami will be the next to offer. “They are showing a lot of interest,” he said. This weekend Cain will be in Orlando to watch USC take on Central Florida. He’s not planning to make a final decision until the beginning of his senior season but right now USC is the team to beat. “USC leads,” he said. “Me and coach (Grady) Brown have a real good chemistry.” Cain plays safety and corner and is being recruited as a corner. He didn’t play much defensive as a sophomore working mostly at receiver. He is playing full time both ways this season.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-usc-early-on/

Old 10-30-2013, 08:53 AM   #4
scman
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
scman is learning to peck

Quote:
USC remains the leader for junior DB Desmond Cain of Delray Beach, FL. The Gamecocks are his only offer thus far and he's also getting interest from Miami, Michigan State, Indiana, Central Florida, North Carolina and Nebraska. Cain visited USC for the Black Magic camp. "I liked everything about it," Cain said. "It is so well-organized and they know what they're doing. I love the coaching staff." Cain said he's not heard from his Gamecock recruiter Grady Brown in a while but that does not concern him. "No sir, not really because when I went up there for camp coach Grady really showed an interest. I think I should be alright," he said adding that he thinks the Gamecocks would take a commitment if he were ready to make one. Right now he does not have a timetable to make that final decision. Cain said he plans to call Brown Wednesday to reconnect with him. His only visit this season so far was to Central Florida where he saw the Knights host USC. Cain does not have any other visits planned but wants to return to Columbia next summer. Cain plays cornerback and has two interceptions this season, but he's also playing a lot of receiver.
http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...631/-1/psports
Old 10-30-2013, 10:43 AM   #5
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Wish I could find some game film on this kid.
Been hitting Youtube, Hudl, Maxpreps and found nothing so far (that is free at least).
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Old 10-30-2013, 04:43 PM   #6
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot material

Can't tell if he is just waiting on more offers, but this seems like the kind of prospect that our coaches love to lock up early. Under the radar athletes
Old 10-30-2013, 07:50 PM   #7
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

We offer Cain, but not Chalmers?
Old 10-30-2013, 08:12 PM   #8
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
We offer Cain, but not Chalmers?
They both were at Black Magic and got to see them up close, so I guess they offered the one they liked better. Is that so hard to believe?
Old 12-17-2013, 12:43 AM   #9
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
DB Desmond Cain of Delray Beach, FL tweeted Wednesday he had picked up an offer from Clemson. USC had offered earlier and has been his favorite. He also has offers from Florida, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Tennessee, South Florida and Central Florida.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...c-against-fsu/

Old 12-17-2013, 01:15 AM   #10
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot material

Sounds like everyone is gonna be in on this kid. Being on him early will be huge. Time to dig in and fight off the top dogs and get this kid in Garnet and Black

edit - lots of discrepancy on his offers among the sites
Old 12-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #11
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Class of 2015 DB Desmond Cain of Delray Beach, FL received a visit from USC assistant Grady Brown recently as the Gamecocks continue to be Cain’s top school. “He just came by to talk to me and see how my season went,” Cain said. “He wanted to see when I was planning on taking the SAT…stuff like that.” USC and Clemson are Cain’s offers but he’s receiving interest from other schools. “I know Michigan State and Penn State have been looking at me,” he said. “They’re both supposed to come see me in January.” Cain has already visited Penn State. He was there when the Nittany Lions hosted Purdue. “It was a really cool trip,” Cain said. “I liked the coaches and the game atmosphere. It wasn’t too obnoxious and was quiet and calm.” He expects another visit from USC this spring. As a junior, Cain had six interceptions returning one for a score. He had over 300 receiving yards, over 1,000 all-purpose yards and three total touchdowns.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-call-for-usc/

Old 04-04-2014, 12:13 AM   #12
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Kornblut updates since NSD:

Quote:
DB Desmond Cain of Delray Beach, FL continues to favor USC but is not ready to move towards a commitment. “I’m nervous for some reason,” Cain said. “I want to play as a true freshman and I want to make sure I’m at home.” With that in mind, Cain plans to visit USC again this summer. He attended the Black Magic Camp last summer and that’s where he impressed the Gamecocks. “I went up there and they loved me for receiver, but they are recruiting me for DB,” said Cain who is a cornerback. He talked with recruiter Grady Brown about three weeks ago and plans to reconnect this week. “He seems pretty interested,” Cain said. He also has offers from Cincinnati and SMU and is also hearing from Tennessee, Miami and Bowling Green. Last season Cain had 6 interceptions returning one for a score. He also had over a thousand all purpose yards on offense.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ont-with-cain/

Old 04-08-2014, 09:18 PM   #13
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
USC was one of the first to offer DB Desmond Cain of Delray Beach, FL and continue to lead for his services. Cain recently picked up an offer from SMU and is hearing from Tennessee and Syracuse. Travel has been difficult for Cain who has not visited any schools this year but he hopes to change that this summer.
“I really want to visit South Carolina,” he said. “I hope that it works out.”
Cain spoke with a member of the Gamecock coaching staff last week and was told that they plan to come see him soon.
“I’ve just been getting ready for spring practice and I can’t wait,” he said. “It feels like it’s been so long since I’ve played. South Carolina is coming down to watch one of my practices.”
Tennessee, Syracuse and Cincinnati are also expected to attend a practice. Cain already holds an offer from the Bearcats and is confident that Syracuse and Tennessee will offer while visiting him this spring. Bowling Green is his other offer.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...n-for-a-visit/

Old 07-08-2014, 07:56 PM   #14
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
USC was one of the first to offer DB Desmond Cain of Delray Beach, FL having the Gamecocks out front for his services for some time. However, the lack of contact from USC may have changed that. “I haven’t heard from coach Grady (Brown) in a while, to be honest,” Cain said. “I tried calling him a couple of times but he didn’t answer.”
Cain remains hopeful that he can take an official visit to USC this fall but plans to take a wait-and-see approach. “Once the dead period ends, I’ll see if they contact me,” he said.
He has scheduled an official visit to Illinois during following a bye week and said that the Illini have shown the most interest of late. He named USC, Illinois, Penn State, Virginia and Rutgers as the five schools he would like to travel to for an official visit.
“I went to a Penn State camp in Deland (Florida) this summer,” Cain said. “I liked it a lot. The coaches were really cool and showed me a lot of interest. I’m just waiting on an offer from them.”
He also attended a camp at Florida Atlantic. Cain no longer have any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...back-from-usc/

Old 07-08-2014, 08:13 PM   #15
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
Sounds like everyone is gonna be in on this kid. Being on him early will be huge. Time to dig in and fight off the top dogs and get this kid in Garnet and Black

edit - lots of discrepancy on his offers among the sites
This guy has literally 0 good offers outside of us.
Old 11-08-2014, 12:39 PM   #16
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Committed to Illinois.

Closed Thread