CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
Outland
taylorssc
Latt7more
B-G
gadeneer1986
b381l
HeadCockFan
ReadR00ster
Why is everyone anti (1195)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Rest of the season p (1097)
Incoming Class (1074)
Just thought of some (900)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (758)
Tennessee kickoff an (742)
Let us clarify some (740)
Miss St. defense (618)
Is Clowney back toni (601)
Garber vs Klinsmann round
World of Warcraft, CSGO,
Why is everyone anticipat
Recipe for success
How did we not make it.
No easy road for our offe
University of Buffalo tar
Seventh Woods (2016 Prosp
CBS: SOS to Florida?
Kain Harris 6-3 SG 2015

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 12:47 AM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2014 Signee - Abu Lamin

JUCO Defensive Lineman from Fort Scott, Kansas

A guy to keep an eye on, per TBS.

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 05-21-2013, 10:15 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Abu Lamin

Quote:
Arkansas looks to be in good shape with Abu Lamin of Fort Scott C.C. (Kan.), the No. 4 junior college defensive tackle in the 247Composite and No. 2 tackle in the 247Spots rankings.

He will announce in early June, and the arrow is pointing toward Fayetteville.

Lamin was redshirted last year, meaning he will have three years to play three seasons once he arrives at a four-year college.

The Razorbacks are going heavy on the defensive front in the 2014 class. Look for them to sign up to six linemen on that side of the ball.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/SEC-rec...roundup-131465

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 05-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #3
Hog
1st Team All-American

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Hey Beer Man 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Hey Beer Man 
CockyCash: 1514690
Hog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot material

In Sunday's Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, he said a commitment to Arkansas might happen when he makes his visit in two weeks.

"It may be a possibility," Lamin said. "But I told myself I wouldn't do it but if I do have that amazing visit, a great crazy time and everything I see is where be I want to be, yeah, don't be surprised to hear my commitment."

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2...n-next-pledge/

Old 05-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
5/22/2013: South Carolina Gamecocks offer Abu Lamin
per 247 Timeline

Last edited by CoverTwo; 05-24-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #5
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Maybe changes his mind a little bit? I think we can compete with Arkansas for this kid. Thye dont have nearly the DL tradition we do
Old 05-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

I believe he is from Eastern NC originally so it if he still has some family in this part of the country, I could see that being a big draw but I also think he has some serious ties to Arkansas.

Old 05-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #7
SimpleGamecock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
SimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
In Sunday's Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, he said a commitment to Arkansas might happen when he makes his visit in two weeks.

"It may be a possibility," Lamin said. "But I told myself I wouldn't do it but if I do have that amazing visit, a great crazy time and everything I see is where be I want to be, yeah, don't be surprised to hear my commitment."

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2...n-next-pledge/
Saw that but it looks like Richard updated in his Wednesday Bits that his decision now will be either the 6th game of the season or NSD, however he still feels good about yalls chances. Ark and USC are both in his Top 5. Posted at the bottom of the link.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2013/may/22/we/
Old 05-23-2013, 08:20 AM   #8
pitchcock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 29792600
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

If his measurables are correct, if he's really running a 4.95 40 at 6'5", 315 lbs, he's moving well for a big guy. Plus he has 3 to play 3.

Looks like a lot of positives to me...
Old 05-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #9
Gamecocks111
Recruit

Male

Gamecocks111 has hatched from the shell

There is an update on tbs, it sounds like its a good one judging by the comments.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:56 AM   #10
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

This guy is a freak would love to have him

Old 05-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #11
Gamecocks111
Recruit

Male

There is an update on this guy on GCC, caption says we are slightly in the lead.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #12
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Good news. Would be a big get for the DL, along with a few others. This guy is massive.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #13
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

The guys at 247 think he compares similar to Kenrick Ellis (hopefully without the weed habit).

Old 05-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #14
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
The guys at 247 think he compares similar to Kenrick Ellis (hopefully without the weed habit).
That last part made me laugh, for some odd reason.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #15
Gamecocks111
Recruit

Male

Does it go into any detail why we lead, I thought he was an Arkansas lock?
Old 05-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #16
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

So is he scheduled to visit?
Old 05-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #17
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

DL Abu Lamin (6-5 310) of Fort Scott JC, KS picked up an offer from USC last week and will visit the Gamecocks this summer. Lamin is a native of Fayetteville, NC and the proximity of USC to his family is a big attraction. "South Carolina, that's the closest to the crib," Lamin said. "My mom could come see me play. I haven't been home in a while. That's a big plus." Lamin added that the recent success of the Gamecocks, especially on the defensive side, is another appealing factor. "South Carolina is producing talent up front and the defense is playing lights out," he said. "That's definitely a plus to be one of the best defenses in the SEC." Other offers for Lamin are Arkansas, Auburn, Arizona State, Nebraska, Southern Miss, Tennessee, Texas Tech and Ball State. He will visit Arkansas June 3rd and is tentatively scheduled to see Nebraska June 15th. He said he plans to visit USC but has not set the date yet. Lamin said he had a top five but he dropped it though he added he's looking hard at USC, Arkansas, Tennessee, Auburn, Arizona State and Nebraska. Florida also recently contacted him. Lamin will make his decision around the sixth game of the season, or if he's unable to, he'll wait until after the season. He is a December graduate and will have three years to play three after redshirting last season. In his final season of high school ball in 2011, Lamin said he had 66 tackles with 25 for loss and 8 sacks.
http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...C-this-summer-
Old 05-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #18
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

Big ole boy.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #19
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Does he go to the same JUCO that Jerideau went to?
Old 05-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #20
cockyness11
Blue Chip

Male

cockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
Does he go to the same JUCO that Jerideau went to?
Yes!!!
Closed Thread