CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
B-G
CockFighter
The Yancey
rabid cock
SMOTFS86
kingoftheroost
Cockhornleghorn
WeStillOwnUSC
robgusc76
kingofnerf
**USC vs. Coker GAME (2765)
Bruce!!! (1603)
2014 Subway Classic: (1339)
aTm demolishes Kyle (478)
Cocky at the Duck Co (446)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (382)
Deer Hunting 2014 (243)
movers, furniture do (240)
Streaming nfl games (199)
Happy Winter Solstic (186)
2015 Commitment - Quandes
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
Ali Hospitalized With Pne
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
Bruce!!!
So, why is next year goin
aTm demolishes Kyle Field
Cocky at the Duck Command
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti

Old 05-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #1
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material
Default Griner : Mulkey's unwritten no lesbian talk rule

Mulkey felt players not allowed to talk about being lesbian (sexual orientation), told to keep quiet, and felt it would hurt recruiting cause school would seem to condone that lifestyle. Seems like a pretty big thing to tell anyone to do this. I think it's noboy's business and they should be allowed to choose themselves if they want to disclose this information. I'm wondering how this would play if this were a high profile men's coach telling his players this. Gay and lesbian groups would protest the school and students. With Jason Collins coming out recently, I think a men's coach saying this would be fired maybe, or maybe not. Interesting disussion I think. I'm not gay but it seems that women on women is more accepted than the men. Thoughts anyone? Just though this was interesting?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ulkey/2318905/
Old 05-18-2013, 10:29 PM   #2
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 1357725516
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material
Default Re: Griner : Mulkey's unwritten no lesbian talk rule

I believe sexual matters are private..... and should kept private! Why people have to take the sexual matters and make it public, announce it, etc..... is beyond me!

I could care less what consenting adults do in the bedroom..... I don't need to know, and don't want to know!!!

But it seems people who are Gay feel the need to announce it to the world that they are Gay.....
Old 05-18-2013, 10:47 PM   #3
mater
Class of '02

Male

CockyCash: 100380
mater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot material

What is her policy on gender testing?

There is a reason she turned down the US Olympic Team for the London Games.

"When a suitcase just won't do."
mater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #4
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Does Grinner really think that no one knew she was gay? I think the coach wanted not to talk about it because it was obvious and she didn't want attention to be on them for that rather than Baylor winning.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:21 PM   #5
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194810
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Does Grinner really think that no one knew she was gay? I think the coach wanted not to talk about it because it was obvious and she didn't want attention to be on them for that rather than Baylor winning.
No, Baylor is a private, Baptist college that does not condone homosexuality. That is why the coach made that request.
GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:54 PM   #6
GamecockInHell
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1007834
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Being that it is a private Baptist college (if that is the case) then it seems like the coach handled it correctly. You can live your lifestyle but don't let it bring attention to the team or to the school.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:28 AM   #7
Tim Taylor
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Tim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPit

Brittany Griner being into women is no surprise. Most guys are into women.
Tim Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:01 AM   #8
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Taylor View Post
Brittany Griner being into women is no surprise. Most guys are into women.
Brandon Griner
Old 05-19-2013, 08:53 AM   #9
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Wonder if people will bash her like they did Culliver.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #10
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Also, Brittany Griner, I'm pretty sure that's a dude.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #11
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Griner, a gay woman, goes to a private religeous school and now is trashing the school that gave her the opportunity to play for free. What a nasty thing to do.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #12
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
Wonder if people will bash her like they did Culliver.
No because it's women's basketball.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #13
Ballpoint Man
Blue Chip

Male

Ballpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
Griner, a gay woman, goes to a private religeous school and now is trashing the school that gave her the opportunity to play for free. What a nasty thing to do.

She trashed it? Maybe I missed something, but there's no trashing in the article mentioned above.
Ballpoint Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #14
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194810
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
What article did you read?

Quote:
Griner, who talked about her sexual orientation last month in an interview with USA TODAY Sports, said she has been open with relatives since her first year of high school, although she had kept quiet during her four years of college in deference to what she says were her coaches' direction.

"It was more of a unwritten law (not to discuss it). ... it was just kind of, like, one of those things, you know. Just don't do it," Griner said of speaking publicly about her sexuality. "They kind of tried to make it, like, 'Why put your business out on the street like that?' "

Griner also said she revealed her sexual orientation to Mulkey, and that it didn't matter.

"I told Coach when she was recruiting me. I was like, 'I'm gay. I hope that's not a problem,' and she told me that it wasn't," Griner said. "I mean, my teammates knew, obviously. They all knew. Everybody knew about it."
Sounds like they accepted her, and she respected their wishes while she was there.

Her coach has said:

Quote:
"Brittney Griner represented Baylor University proudly on and off the basketball court, and she leaves behind an incredible legacy. I cannot comment on personal matters surrounding any of our student-athletes, but I can tell you Brittney will always be a celebrated member of the Baylor family."
GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #15
толстый Cock
Recruit

Male

толстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballpoint Man View Post
She trashed it? Maybe I missed something, but there's no trashing in the article mentioned above.
It seems to me that there was no need to bring this up and possibly put the school and coach up for ridicule. face it in this day and age they are bound to get the homophob tag thrown at em..... If she wants to munch rug or do whatever in her private life she should keep it to her self, no need to tell the world about it. Just like I don't want to hear what any of you do in your bedrooms and I'm sure u don't want me to tell u what I do.
толстый Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #16
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by толстый Cock View Post
It seems to me that there was no need to bring this up and possibly put the school and coach up for ridicule. face it in this day and age they are bound to get the homophob tag thrown at em..... If she wants to munch rug or do whatever in her private life she should keep it to her self, no need to tell the world about it. Just like I don't want to hear what any of you do in your bedrooms and I'm sure u don't want me to tell u what I do.
ONE WORD FOR YOU:

MEDIA (THE CAUSE OF MORE BAD THAN GOOD IN THIS COUNTRY)
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #17
MsgrMartinez
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
MsgrMartinez is crowing loudlyMsgrMartinez is crowing loudlyMsgrMartinez is crowing loudlyMsgrMartinez is crowing loudlyMsgrMartinez is crowing loudlyMsgrMartinez is crowing loudlyMsgrMartinez is crowing loudlyMsgrMartinez is crowing loudlyMsgrMartinez is crowing loudlyMsgrMartinez is crowing loudlyMsgrMartinez is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by толстый Cock View Post
Do you get this upset when an athlete talks about their wife or girlfriend or talks about not having sex before marriage?
MsgrMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #18
rolinb1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1310176
rolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
ONE WORD FOR YOU:

MEDIA (THE CAUSE OF MORE BAD THAN GOOD IN THIS COUNTRY)
^
Old 05-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #19
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
I believe sexual matters are private..... and should kept private! Why people have to take the sexual matters and make it public, announce it, etc..... is beyond me!

I could care less what consenting adults do in the bedroom..... I don't need to know, and don't want to know!!!

But it seems people who are Gay feel the need to announce it to the world that they are Gay.....
This.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:52 PM   #20
толстый Cock
Recruit

Male

толстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsgrMartinez View Post
Do you get this upset when an athlete talks about their wife or girlfriend or talks about not having sex before marriage?
No, I don't want to hear about any athlete talking about having sex with his wife, girlfriend, or anyone else. I don't tune into espn to find out who the latest athlete to come out the closet is either, and I just don't understand why gays think they have to come out and tell the world they in love with their teammate or whoever. That's how they deal with their insecurity I guess.
толстый Cock is offline   Reply With Quote